Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
being very vague

Raleska was gone, but Rosalyn knew why.  It was unmistakeable when she'd gone in search of the girl... and she cursed, neath her breath, on finding it.  If any man touched her unwillingly while she was out there, Rosalyn would have his throat.

She should discuss with their daughters that isolating alone was a fool's risk.  Still a little stormy over it, Rosalyn stalked through the trees and towards the mountains.  Maybe she could find her before anything happened... but it was doubtful.  She had no idea where she'd gone, and the trail of her travel would be cold by now.
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
The paladin was aware of the Raleska's disappearance. The young lady didn't leave the borders very often and the scent she left behind was enough for tell him why. Why a young lady would leave the safety of her packs's borders during such an event in her life was beyond him, was it the desire for other men than those in the pack - or did she have such little trust in the ones who lived here that she thought she was safer on her own?

The later was knife in his back he prefered not to think of. To think that maybe she was off to find someone that fit her tastes more was a much more palatable possibility than to think she thought so little of him not to come to him to keep her safe from other prying men, or so little trust in the men here in general that she saw them as mindless beasts with only one thought on their mind (vespera might have words for you on that one buddy). 

With the approach of Rosalyn on the trail too, he could only assume she too knew of Raleska's predicament. With a soft greeting he dipped his head in the beta's direction before speaking. Will she be alright on her own? As he spoke, his gaze shifted back on Raleska's dying trail.
New Threads: closed
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosencrantz approached and Rosalyn shook her head to his question.  I doubt it.  Pessimism, but she couldn't help but fear the worst.  Stupid girl!  No offense meant, but I don't have much trust for your sort anymore.  She added, and while the statement was lighter than perhaps it sounded, there was a shadow that lurked behind it.  Men had proven over and over that they used and then left... and that many took what they wanted with little regard.

Perhaps he was different, but that didn't discount history.

She should have come to me. Rosalyn felt her frustration mount a bit.  The girl had been distant since her mother, but it seemed none of her children were interested in bringing her their troubles.  If she was failing them in that regard, she wasn't sure how to remedy it, and she felt an unsettling discomfort.  Maybe she wasn't the mother she'd thought she was after all.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
His frown deepened at Rosalyn's response. Of course Raleska wouldn't be okay on her own, he would be a fool to believe otherwise - but a fool's dream is what he hoped for regardless. For her to get what she wanted, either an outsider's genetics to feed Rusalka's numbers, or safety from any perverts looking to impose themselves onto a young female fresh into her first heat. No offense taken. Frankly, Rosencrantz didn't trust anyone in general anymore without a reason to. 

It was hard to trust - and more so if one was a female who would be burdened with a man's seed in an unwanted coupling. Females have good reason for it. He couldn't even imagine what Rosalyn could have been through - she was not young, the scars on her face were proof enough of some kind of history. He was the last who would judge her perception on his kind. 

Or Erzulie... both. Both of you could beat each man here into a pulp even if we tried.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She nodded at his words, glad he respected them but knowing the truth.  She was getting older, and while she could fight, she was only so strong.  Speed had always been her greatest asset in a fight, but as her reflexes dulled with age, it would become more and more a balancing act.  Her mind didn't tend to dwell on such things, though; instead she took the praise for what it was worth and offered a smile in return.

Aye.  I don't think that will be necessary here.  Had Raleska stayed, she'd have held the protection of Rusalka.  As it was, unless they found her, she was on her own with her choices.  We'll keep a lookout, but I don't think she wanted to be followed.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
She did. Raleska clearly had no faith in the men who resided within the pack. The feeling had to have come from somewhere, experience maybe, or from word of mouth. There was nothing he could do to change her mind now, she was gone, away from his pathetic attempts to try and reason and earn trust, especially after she had lost to him in their challenge for her rank. Perhaps that is why she distrusted the man - but wasn't that a part of their pack's ideals?

I believe you're right. Whatever happens, I hope it is nothing but good. Raleska was obviously a big girl now, old enough to make her own decision, to learn from her own mistakes. She was no child of his for him to begin preaching to her - nor was he know enough to understand the inner workings of a female's mind.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Aye.  She looked at him, the subject of the girl's travel bringing him to mind.  Her own season was not guaranteed yet, and she herself had admitted to this.  Had he laid eyes on any prospects yet, or sought to claim the children he wanted?  And you?  Spring's here.... will you be wandering?

She had offered to allow him to sire her children, but there was no tone to her question other than friendly (and maybe slightly amused) curiosity.  Even between she and Erzulie there was no jealousy... when one was free with love, it was hard to judge, and when something stronger persisted mere pleasure couldn't push it aside.  No such thing lay betwixt them, nor would it.  She had no reason to be upset if his answer was yes.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
A valid question. It was the season after all for those to seek out to spread their genes. 'Romance' was in the air, bringing couples who would not normally speak to breed and create new life, it was a hard calling to ignore and even Rosencrantz had to agree that he didn't ignore it as much as he liked to admit. At least, he liked to think he had more control than the wild thoughtless individuals who roamed spreading like a disease.

Perhaps. Why would he lie? Because Rosalyn offered him to sire a possible litter with her? I'm sure you've noticed that I wander regardless of the season. What I encounter out there is different every time. Yes, so enjoy that little bit of right face you have for now buddy. Something pulls me out there regardless of the season. Vacantly he speaks, looking out into the vast stretch of wilderness beyond their borders. The mountains off in the distance, and plains off somewhere he couldn't see from here. 

Unlike many pack wolves these days, he had a pretty good track record for coming back within a reasonable time after leaving the borders. From mid-autumn to now mid-spring, half a year he had pledged loyalty. Though he did little but guard the borders when here, this pack was the steady home he had been searching for for a long while.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Mmm.  She remembered that, from before.  Now the urge was gone, quelled by age and family and a thriving enjoyment of boredom that, before, might have choked her.  I can't fault that, she replied, it sounds too familiar.  Just... let us know if your wanders will take you away at length?

It wasn't a request built on policing, but one on necessity. Their numbers were lower than others and soon children would inevitably arrive.  They'd need to work together this spring to ensure the pack thrived... and if he intended to disappear for a time, they'd have to account for it.
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Of course. He agreed without a doubt in his mind. I don't think I will should puppies be in the equation. Not until after they were older and better off at least. It was nice to know that they weren't shackling him here and at least asked simply to be notified of some absence instead of telling him outright he cannot leave no matter the reason. 
We can end this here if you'd like! Feel free to post again or archive! <3