Moonspear Return of the Forest Woman
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
@Hydra

Moriko was trotting back happily to the pack as her tail swished back and forth behind her. She had been watching the movements and migration patterns of some of the herds of animals, something she was good at both observing and perdicting due to her years as a lone wolf. She was excited to tell of her findings and be back with her family. 

She humme to herself as she continued on her trot back to her Moonspear family.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Moriko had returned, too, to Hydra's relief. With all that had been happening outside, Hydra wondered if Moriko would. As her good fortune would have it, she did; Hydra approached her with the pendulum sway of her tail, happy to see her. Some good amongst all this chaos. Given Hydra had sent her off and she had received the approval of both her brother and her mate, it was only natural to welcome her back into the fold. And so she did, stepping to meet her and exchanging scents with Moriko. 

What have you come to find out there? Any irregularities, or does it seem all is in order? She asked with apt interest, hoping that it was the latter and that they would be back for good. The last thing Hydra wanted to hear was the former; more trouble would only cause her frustration to mount.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
She can't help her tail wagging happily, she's very happy to return.

"The only difference is that they seem a little confused, due to some of the strange weather patterns we've been having- but other than that all is in order!"

Bringing good news always made her feel- well- good! She flicked an ear as she gave a small head tilt.

"How has everyone else been? Any important news that I missed-?" She also wouldn't admit to it, but there was some interest in certain wolves she hadn't seen in awhile.

She gives a small little stretch, feeling comfotable and calmer now that she has returned back to her home. She also won't admit that she was a bit anxious, as being sent off alone always brought back the childhood fear of being abandoned again.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra shook out her furs as she stepped in line with Moriko, thinking that if that was the worst of it then all was relatively normal. Strange weather could often spook their prey, especially the young herd members not used to it. The matriarch had entrusted Moriko to the task for her recollection of her powers of observation, noted when with Katya. It seemed as though her judgment had been wise, and Moriko had returned... with good news. That is good, then. Anything else of note? She wondered, blue eyes regarding Moriko; it seemed, fortunately, that she had not come to harm out there. 

News? Ah, yes. Not all of it good, unfortunately. My son, Osiris, was attacked. We are more diligent in our patrols. Dacio, too, is recovering; have you met him, yet? He protected my son, the day of the attack, she informed. Everyone else was good, though on high alert; if Moriko wanted specifics, she need only ask.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
She stops mid stretch, tensing.

No..no I havent..” She steps a bit closer, head tilted in concern.

Is everyone okay?” Her face does a strange, worry anger wiggle.

Thats awful- is there anything at all I can do to help or offer?” She also meant this directly to the women, as it was her own child, and must have been difficult for her, though she probably wpuldn’t admit that.

What was the attack from?” Her tail is now pointed in concern, listening intently to the womens words.

she feels somewhat guilty due to her absence during this event, which she knows is ridiculous, but still, the feeling is there.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Moriko's concern was heard and appreciated both. It seems so, Hydra informed, tail swaying. Dacio was... recovering. Osiris, too. No; you have done plenty. Just patrol, and let me know if anything seems off to you, Hydra asked with a wave of her tail. Moriko was back, and safe; that was relief enough for her. Some good amongst all this bad. As for what it was from? It seemed... random. But there have been wolves I have heard of with this nature, she informed with an irate lash of her tail. I have encountered the scent of one in passing. They know nothing of my son, but I have heard they enjoy attacking the innocent, she revealed. She remembered the tale of how the seawitch that Hydra assumed had led them, at the time, had harmed an Easthollow cub.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
She lets out a small irritated noise upon hearing the remark of the attackers. Yes- she would like to help me, but she will do as she is told and do what the women feels best needed in Morio's field. 

"Alright... But,do tell me if you need anything." She adds in a serious tone, "Whether for the comfort of the pack or if you find yourself in need of someone to help ease your thoughts."  She takes a seat softly as she says this, to further that she is not going anywhere.

She was definately worried about the women, she had a lot on her plate and seemed to keep things to herself, as not to to worry or trouble others. Though Moriko still knew that they were alike in the simplest of ways. Rank or not, she was still a she wolf like her. And even the most brave and powerful women have their demons.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra looked to Moriko appreciatively; the she-wolf had become a pack-member the matriarch knew that she could rely on. Your company eases my mind enough, she admitted. That Moriko was back here and safe meant much to the Ostrega. Hydra had worried after the incident, but fortunately nothing had struck the other along her journey.

Are you proficient in self-defense, Moriko? I have been thinking... of training the entirety of the pack on such matters. I think all should learn the basics, should they be accosted, she hummed, considering. Moriko had been around long enough for the Queen to value the others opinions on the matter, and she looked to the woman with interest and curiosity alike. Hydra thought of Dragomir and his advisement; it was time to make Moonspear more of a stronghold than it already was, she felt.
92 Posts
Ooc — Matry
Moriko pondered for a moment before responding.

"My years in the wilderness alone have giving me background in self defense that I can attest to as being proficient- though, one always has more to learn no matter where their experience lies."

She gives the women a soft smile, flicking her ear at her before they perked up.

"I am always willing and able to learn more- and would love to help if I can in any way possible." She gives a smile to the woman, a full one. "I think that its a wonderful idea, just make sure not to overwhelm yourself. As always, I have no doubts that you know exactly what is best for the pack."

She tilts her head, giving a small nod, smiling. Hydra is a smart woman, who cares for her pack greatly. Moriko only hoped that she knew of her importance not only as a leader, but as a valued friend. And that she kept her health and safety in mind as well.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was a relief to hear that Moriko knew how. She looked like she might, wild and tousled in appearance as she was, but to hear it told plainly was better than hazarding a guess. Hydra agreed with her sentiment, too. I have yet to stop in that; in every fight, there is always something new to gain, she drawled. Where some had habits, Hydra changed her tactic each and every time so her own style could not be guessed or known for certain. Fighting with as many wolves as she had, it was easy. And she practiced every day at it. One eye closed, sometimes both; a leg up, sometimes two. She would fight with Alya and Lyra attacking her; she would fight with her children coming from each angle. 

No one could say Hydra was not prepared for any situation. Hydra knew the art of fighting, and the art of escaping when it was necessary. She was a master in each part of her trade, for good reason. The soft smile was matched, and her ears pricked as Moriko continued. Hmm. Perhaps you could spar with a pack member you have not yet met. Test your own skills, and learn something new from them. Or, alternatively, perhaps you might teach them something, she suggested. As for Moriko's own final words, Hydra considered for a long moment, pausing in her step to look at the woman. Deciding that the words had come from a care for her wellbeing rather than doubt in her capabilities, Hydra moved to nose at the wild-woman's side. The compliment was well received; she was not wrong. 

I am glad to hear you think so. I will always do my best for you all... my family, she drawled warmly, pregnancy making her all the more sentimental as she felt overwhelmed by her love for all here. Sucking in a breath, she laughed gaily... a rare sound, from the matriarch. You should rest now. You have traveled far, Hydra advised, voice soft in understanding. I am going to see if I can wrangle one of my children into catching something for me. If you see one of them, let them know their mother is looking for them, she drawled with a wave of her tail before setting off.