Whitebark Stream To return from the ashes you call
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Joining 

There was so many reasons he shouldn't have bothered coming back but he didn't focus on them, choosing to hope that Dawn would see use of his being a strong capable member to add into the pack. Sunny found his way to the borders determined to join and even beg his sister for forgiveness yet again if need be. Enough of his memory was back to give him better sense of the relationships he was coming back to, his sister and kids as well as sadder heart wrenching memories like Morningside and Aliac.  What stopped him in his tracks and threw him off for a few moments was the strong, alluring smell of new life and pregnant females. Instincts had him feeling sad about being left out but he had three children to find and fix things with and he'd have a whole year to let romance and new family come in naturally. He could always spoil his nieces and nephews too. The thought brightened his mood and he shook out his fur, posture forcibly relaxed as he howled for Dawn and whoever else lead the pack nervous and excited at the same time.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Artyom ached following the death of Salvatore. He did his best to keep such sorrow to himself, knowing that it not in the best interest of the pack should he choose to squirrel himself away. It would do his wolves good to see their Alpha male out and about: hunting, patrolling, making the effort to reach out and integrate. Sal would be missed, often and sorely, but Artyom had faith that Whitebark would survive its most recent tragedy.

He worried, naturally. Their numbers had dwindled in recent times: Anokhi, Connor and newcomer Kavik most recently. The pale leader hoped they were well enough, wherever they'd gone, though his concern lay primarily with the two litters that the pack would have in the approaching weeks - days, perhaps. Newborns would mean losing two capable hunters, additional mouths to feed, and dread settled right at the heart of him with fear that he might fail his family.

A call interrupted the wolf's miserable thoughts, one that sounded oddly familiar. It was a request for Dawn, for leadership, and Artyom went toward the source at once. He found a sterling figure and, on approach, recognised his familiarity with Dawn and quickened his pace to greet him with an enthusiastically waving tail.

Some good news, at last.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Not that long after he called Sunny spotted the approaching man. Ears perked he gave a friendly sway of his tail to show his intentions were good, breathing in the stranger's scent to store it in memory. The smell of his sister was heavy on the ivory furred brute and though he made no comment the relationship wasn't hard to figure out. "My name is Sunny I'm Dawn's brother, Minnow's father" he paused swallowing quickly and looking away as he wondered how his daughter was. She'd be older now, almost fully grown in size he figured and that hit him right in the heart. "I was ill when the pack was forming. I'm hoping to join now. I'm a good hunter, a devoted worker" he spoke honestly though his heart rate sped up, anxiety that he'd be turned down causing his voice to tremble ever so slightly. Before now he hadn't thought about how many mistakes he'd made and how little faith his family may have in him, a realisation that struck him hard before the alpha male.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The other make took note if his approach, and seemed to welcome him warmly despite the anxiety that radiated from him. Artyom regarded his with a searching stare as an introduction was offered, earthen eyes sweeping Sunny's frame for any sign of injury or illness acquired from his time away. He seemed in good enough condition, he felt safe to conclude, and sought to look upon his features once more.

Artyom had seen Dawn's wayward brother from afar, and knew of him only by what she (and Minnow) had shared. Never one to form his own opinion by those of others, the gilded hunter had always been keen to learn more of his new brother-in-law firsthand, but he'd vanished before the opportunity could be found to better acquaint himself.

"You need not hope," the leader said gently, relief and happiness in his expression for the safe return of a pack-mate. "You're family. You will always have a place here."

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
There was this nagging sensation in the back of his mind, like this guy shouldn't be trusted but upon searching he only recalled a blurry memory of Aditiya who he sort of wished he didn't recall at all. This man, he seemed to be nice enough and if Dawn trusted him then he could too.  Sunny exhaled slowly allowing himself to let go of the intrusive feeling and return the happy expression a smile forming on his features as he gave a grateful nod. Wanting to reassure he meant well he awkwardly ambled towards the border " I won't take long to start providing. What can I call you? and after a few seconds "How's Dawn?" his tone was brighter and he perked up significantly as he paused waiting for the man to allow him over and lead the way.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
"sunny?" came her call, her side burning a moment as she picked up the pace at the sight of him. if it were possible, somehow, she seemed even larger than she had been her first pregnancy. she'd done her best to rein herself in; the pains and hurt of her first pregnancy were not something she wished to experience again. gaze alighted on Artyom, her tail wagging as joy writ across her face. "sunny, where were you? I was worried, I —" 

joy fades, replaced rapidly with worry, and then irritation. "you were gone. why did you leave?" these words lack the elation of the last, lips tightening as she comes to a halt, breath coming quickly at the exertion of trotting here while carrying with her gods knew how many children.
Moonglow
Zeta
378 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She heard a familiar howl and she lurked nearby. She listened onto to her fathers explanation but she couldn't just accept what happened and she just shook her head. She noticed Dawn and all she could just look at her dad, not running up to him like last time but instead she runs in the opposite direction. 

Cameo!
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
"Artyom," he told the ashen wanderer cheerfully when a request came for his name. He did consider sharing their relationship, that they were made brother by law, but it didn't feel right to overwhelm him with a bombardment of information.

He did have questions, however, though it surprised him that Sunny asked after Dawn and made no mention of his daughter. "She is doing well," came his simple answer, as his thoughts turned to Sunny's absent son. The pair disappeared at the same time, Artyom had observed, and his initial assumption was that they perhaps left together. Looking at the hunter now, he felt new dread settle in his gut for Valiant.

Artyom looked away as he detected the approach of another and his dark eyes found Dawn weave through the foliage. He shot her a winning smile - look who I found! - though it dissipated on noting her joy shift to concern, then frustration.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Before the man could respond Dawn came forward and she became his focus. Sunny's tail wagged and he smiled opening his mouth to reply before her expression fell and every bit of his confidence did as well. He frowned and cast his eyes down both ashamed and embarrassed because of Artyom's presence. He had once given everything for his home...he didn't have to be be ashamed did he? "Bhediya didn't let me breathe before trying to handle it like a mother. I was sick Dawn, feverish, I didn't remember anyone at all....I thought you knew. At Easthollow you and Minnow avoided me and then...between that and the journey here I don't remember. I probably wandered with fever" it was all he had but it was the truth. His voice shook the entire time and he glanced up at her to apologise his eyes catching above her shoulder spotting a white figure in the distance.

Just like her mother...

"Minnow! Wait!" he shouted his voice ragged as he resisted the urge to run after her. He looked to Dawn with desperation in his eyes "I....god Aeryn drowned in Elysium and Valiant vanished during the quakes with Easy" he shook his head his eyes shutting tightly "I lose everything I just want to be close to what's left now" he fell silent and opened his eyes staring at them vulnerable and trying to swallow the grief at the acknowledgement of buried pain.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Not his fault. Bhediya’s, Minnow’s, her’s. For a moment, she want to set fang against him as they had when they’d been young. This — the journey here, all she’d sought to create, had been for him. For all of them, this fresh start.

But his words pressed sharply against the tender spot of her conscious, and so she could offer no sharp words in return. “You’re back, now.” She offers, but further words die in her maw. How can she offer anything more, when she doesn’t know how long this will last? She’s sick of it, the disappearances, reappearances, worry, heartache, relief. Rinse, and repeat. A smile, then, weary around the edges. “Minnow’s still here. Valiant has a habit of turning up. Things — we’ll be fine.” 
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
"We will be fine," he echoed Dawn, and lifted his dark eyes to seek her lovely features. Artyom didn't like what he found in the gleam of her bronze gaze: frustration, worry, stress. He glanced away from her, keen not to fuel such emotion in his mate by the discomfort of his stare.

He turned to lead them deeper into Whitebark territory, unable to keep himself glancing toward the space where young Minnow had hidden herself away to spy on her father's return. Artyom was eager to go to her and provide the comfort he felt she deserved, but perhaps her whirlwind disappearance meant she would rather be by herself.