Firefly Glen to the ocean so far away
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Private 
for @Kukutux dated for like, yesterday ish

After meeting Atausiq, Huā had continued on her journey towards Moospear. She had not gotten things right the first time, and though her heart pounded in her chest with each step made, she hoped dearly this time would be better. Hydra did not hate her- right? And Huā had checked her appearance over and over in the water, and there was no baby bump, so she figured that was that. There was no pregnancy or heat to hold against her, and so perhaps now she could meet the queen peacefully. 

For now she wandered through the glen, which was thick with the scent of Moonspear wolves. It had the fur raising on her spine, which she quickly subdued, knowing she was only a guest here. As the sun began to set, the mountain before her seemed ever more glorious, illuminated by a glowing halo and a starry wreath, which Huā gazed upon with wonder.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
along she came, drawn curiously by the scent of the sea. 

kukutux had been close at hand, glancing briefly over the borders. the scent of moonspear was thick, and the odd tickle of warmth seemed to have ebbed, for now. for the present, she directed her focus and crossed over. surely hydra would not be upset at this. the glen was also theirs, it appeared. she would be safe here beneath the edict.

but the sea flowed into her, and the snowdrop hurried until she spotted the pretty stranger silhouetted against the sunset. there kukutux paused, ears flickering uncertainly.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
sorry for the wait. been working on alot of plot threads ;_; replies should get faster as I start cleaning up the threadlog

There was something more wonderful to strike her with awe now. A delicate ivory girl of average size whose gaze had locked onto Huā; the empress would be lying if she claimed she did not find her strikingly beautiful. The siren tested the air, but smelled nothing besides Moonspear- and knew that she must be one of them. So there were women like Hydra here- all boldness and muscle- and girls like this, pretty girls who looked on quietly at the world.

Huā much preferred the latter, and so she carefully made her way towards the girl with practiced steps. She would pause just a few yards off, wanting to be close enough for speech and yet not close enough to warrant attack- lest this girl's outward appearance be a veil for a warrior within. Greeting, She called quietly without tone, while seaglass eyes studied the woman's appearance.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
no worries! I know u have a lot going on <3

her eyes were bright, circles of inquisitive seafoam. kukutux was humbled, dipping her pale muzzle. "and to you." there was a comforting formality about the other, and something strangely familiar.

saltscent wreathed in the air between them. "you are from the big water?" kukutux inquired politely, though she thrummed with a curiosity that only the ocean had ever inspired.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
The girl's wording piqued Huā's interest more. Though she did not seem weak in the common tongue, calling the ocean the 'big water' brought Huā to believe that she herself was perhaps from faraway lands. How many more out here were like herself, unaccustomed to the barbaric cultures of the inland or their strange tongue? 

I am, she affirmed with a nod. And then, awkwardly tacked on, Um, forgive my scent. I know perhaps it um, overwhelming. A little frown touched her face momentarily, and then she was back to her typical poker. And you? Where you from? This mountain?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
this one had a foreign lilt to her words. in some ways they were not strangers, which warmed kukutux to their conversation. 

the fragrance piqued the duck in a way that other times had terrified her. she was suddenly, swiftly envious of her lovely companion, to be a woman already.

"moonspear. hydra has given me a home," kukutux murmured. "before that i was from the cold places. ice on the water. seals."
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Moonspear. Hydra has given me a home.

Another belonging to the queen of the wilderness- though Huā noted, she was not as fearsome as the siren had believed all Moonspearians were. Rather pleasant, he presence was, truly- and Huā was intrigued. Cold places; something Huā had little familiarity with- to her, even the Teekon Wilds were a cold place. The siren could not imagine much colder. I too am from place of seal, but is warm beaches of south... She trailed off, but was more curious about the moonlight girl. The cold place, what it like?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"i did not know that seals also lived within warm water," kukutux marvelled, wanting to hear more of this. "sometimes the sun never goes to sleep. we hunt caribou in the hot time. but it is never truly hot. not the way the sun breathes in this place."
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Maybe is different sea lion than one in cold water, She muses thoughtfully. The siren listened on curiously as Kukutux described more of her home- caribou (whatever that was!), and a sun that never sets. What kind of place was it, inhabited by strange beasts and constant day? 

A sun that never set? How this possible? She chooses to inquire with some shock, gaze flitting once more to the setting sun. How did they know when to sleep? Or when to hunt? These were the things she wondered; Huā was not sure if she had the sort of internal clock that could direct her on these things if she existed without time. Kukutux must be a wise woman indeed, then.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
her brow furrowed. "what is lion?" sea kukutux knew, but lion had no ring of a beast she had seen in these lands or the ones of her birth. 

"malina is ajungitsoq of sun. when she runs from aningan, who is moon, she burns bright and fierce, and does not sleep." kuktutux stopped, sighed.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
What is lion?

Huā's brow furrowed in reflection. I do not know, only know they call this. Then came Kukutux's words of her gods, the name Aningan caught her attention and her eyes widened noticeably. The words of sun and moon reminded her of Mei's religion, and the siren she had met- and she smiled slightly at the similarity. How strange, I meet man who lead Rusalka, call Aningan too. Is connected? She wondered to the girl, and that reminded her of something they'd skipped entirely, and so Huā hurriedly wondered, Ah, um, your name, what is it? I am Huā..
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the girl did not know either. somehow relieved by this, she listened with rapt interest as her lovely companion described a man who wore a name in the story she had told. "he is aningan?" the duck murmured aloud. "perhaps he also speaks in my tongue."

elated, though unwilling to allow herself to be joyous, she dipped her muzzle. "i am kukutux. it is a nice thing to meet you, huā."
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Perhaps, She agreed. He is same color like you, and also from north. She added on, finding in them many similarities- though their personalities seemed quite different. Perhaps Kukutux was a gentle girl, but in this moment Huā perceived her as friendlier than the somewhat serious Aningan. Of course, she had not seen many sides of him... and had a rather negative view of Rusalkans, anyway. 

Koo-koo-tucks, Huā sounded out, not meaning to mock, but still amused by the name which was so odd upon her tongue. Kukutux. I like it, She laughed. It was neither prettier nor uglier than the names of the common-speaking wolves- but more intriguing, and perhaps that made it better. In Huā's homeland, all names had meaning... and so she wondered, Your name mean something, too? Not realizing that perhaps she ought to introduce hers, before inquiring about another.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
this aningan filled kukutux with trepidation and excitement. she did not know how to ask after him, nor would she. it was not appropriate for a woman with a husband to wonder about a man who was a stranger. but to know that perhaps she was not alone in this vast place comforted kukutux in some immeasurable way.

huā sounded her name kindly, and the girl laughed. "that is the way, yes." a blush rose to her cheeks; she had never been asked such before. kukutux paused only a moment before answering, however: "duck in snow. it means that i am quick to run away and content not to have the eyes of others upon me."
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Her laugh was something musical, and a blush met Huā's own cheeks which she tried (and likely failed) to subdue. She was happy for the girl's answer; a distraction from the sudden burst of attraction she felt towards the little star. Duck in snow. How that was connected to the shyness of the next phrase, she was not sure- perhaps the flight of birds? But the empress was intrigued all the same. Content not to have the eyes of others upon me struck a chord for Huā, and she murmured Hu-humility is good, as she had believed since she was young.

The question was not returned to her... but perhaps it was because Kukutux was so hesitant in her words. And so Huā continued, My name, it mean pearl flower... like very treasure blossom, floating in river, She explained, trying not to seem too proud, but always appreciative of the beauty which her parents had given her name. Would the pretty woman before her find any beauty there too?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
huā was very pretty, kukutux realized belatedly. this sensation was exacerbated by the woman's revelation of her namesake, something that the moonstar could see. her companion was indeed some vestige of water; she thought of all the spirits she had been taught names, and the ones that lay below the surface of the great sea were important indeed.

"you are well-named," she admitted meekly, though her springjade eyes stole to those of the salt-maid. for all that a pearl might be, it carried a lovely elegance to it that huā wore as if it were a fine caribou robe.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
we can wrap ish? I'm SOO sorry for dragging you along on this 100 year thread okay but thank youuuu<33

Thank you, She sighed, I believe you are, as well. She told the girl, though could not be sure if it was true- said it more out of manners than anything, really. Huā could feel her heart pulled to the girl, but did not wish to face her own feelings there, nor remain with the dangerous circumstance of attraction. Ah, Kukutux, um, I must... go meet Hydra, now. Her voice was quiet, hesitant. I wish we will meet again... She sighed, dipping charcoal head in respect to the duck.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,078 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
no worries! and okay <3 maybe they will meet again :D

the blossom-in-water spoke again, and this time it was to bid herself goodbye. kukutux felt as if she did not wish their meeting to be ended, but returned the bow with as much grace. "until another time, huā. may you walk in sun."

a blink, and then the pale girl was turning back to moonspear, to take a winding route to the glen below where she might bathe the dirt of travel away before she met jarilo again.