Hoshor Plains Perfect Scene of Suspense
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Moving on with the threads! Anyone tagged is welcome to post, however there will be no posting order. I will give 2 days in between posts before posting again so this thread keeps moving! Please allow @Ira to post first. @Ibis, @Yuudai, @Hiromi, @Sativa, @Vespera, and Tobias! @Wren and @Kukulkan should they be re-activated <3

The travelling took a long time. They were all moving together as one over the mountains until finally the rocky terrain broke into something more pleasant to the toes. The plains were vast and they followed Tobias to what he said was Kaistleoki's current location after the earthquakes left the river void of life. She moved between the crowd, checking up on everyone one at a time but spending a little more time between certain members she knew better than others. Rubbing shoulder with Ibis and sharing a pleasant smile, nuzzling Sativa's neck, and brushing herself against and between Hiromi and Yuudai before rushing back up to Tobias' side.

She was all too excited to be walking straight, her tail waving excitedly and almost growing in rhythm with every step as they grew near. She could feel it, Reiko knew they were approaching the borders despite the area being foreign to the woman. It had been months but she could recognize certain scents of individuals, they lingered in the plains and only grew stronger - and the stronger they grew, the quicker her pace.

Nearly already walking ahead of Tobias, it was when her eyes landed on the familiar sight of the roan woman that had pushed her into a run. She couldn't wait any longer, wouldn't do it! Breaking pace, the princess bolted toward Ira, the friend and leader that she had lost before winter had begun. Wide eyes beginning to water, she could barely see until narrowly bumping into the tall figure.

I-I-Ir— The word was lodged in her throat, caught with emotion as it flooded over just as the tears slowly rolled out of their sockets and onto her cheek. Ira! Unable to hold back, she pressed forward, desiring to hold herself against the woman for even just a moment if allowed in an attempt to try and hold herself together. Overcome with grief and glee.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Word from the party of scouts was still pending and Ira couldn't help but pace the borders waiting for their chance to abandon these plains. It had sheltered them long enough, but it would never provide as a proper home. Perhaps it was her desire for the answer she hoped for that kept her so distracted, her paws moving on auto pilot as she followed the invisible path that lined their claim. The Count never even saw the crowd moving.

Perhaps someone else should have taken up the early morning patrol. A white streak darted in the corner of her eye, too large to be a rabbit and the usually attentive woman was slow to respond. Ira turned her gaze to her previous squire as the girl collided with her body. Some noise mixed between a yelp and a growl forced its way from the roan woman's throat as she instantly stepped back, ready to flash her fangs at the intruder only to stop as she finally registered just who had ran across the plains to her.

It was Reiko. She stood frozen, too shocked as she processed the girl's presence before she quickly realized she wasn't alone. Golden eyes locked on to Tobias who was quickly making his way over with an apologetic grin. Both had disappeared and she had believed it would be the last. The remaining faces were unfamiliar save for two that had also been old faces. The Count had never been great with words, but her expression was clear. What the hell was going on? You should be more wary traveling across claimed lands. State your purpose. 

Perhaps she should have been more welcoming but the crowd of wolves was more than enough to make her uncomfortable even if some had been considered friends. They were no longer in their ranks, they had left. And now she was alone to defend what little they had left. Yet she still could not find it in her to judge harshly. Whatever reasoning brought them back was still short of a miracle to the Count.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
Angry Bean
347 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Cameo post! Skip her for future rounds

Finally, the group had set paws on Kaistleoki, felt like a lifetime for the dark woman. But she was just happy to be here and rest her paws for a bit until they could go back and actually start the empire. The girl had been doing well for herself for the past couple of days by attempting to meet the other members of the forming Empire so she had to give kudos for something. But the exile felt like she had exhausted her social skills and felt that she needed her usual alone time to keep her sanity or else she would have been overloaded. However, the excitement of Reiko brought Vespera to a halt with her almost tripping over her own paws, Reiko was singing the name of something that reminded Vespera of her past, but not in a good way.

Ira.

The exile felt like a siren had been blasted to her ears when the white woman said her name, Ira is here? No wonder I haven't seen her! Did we REALLY have to come here of ALL places? The girl's mind was racing as she crept low to the ground, hoping to be unnoticed as her eyes darted from left to right and her face looking like she had to go to the bathroom. Seeing an opening, the small girl lept for a bush to hide and slip away from the group, she just couldn't face Ira in front of all these wolves, not here, not now. As she crawled away, her mind felt light and her face got hot with embarrassment, with careful paw steps and watching her back, she crawled away from the scene. Vespera heaved her chest, there was something she HAD to do before they left, and it was going to hurt her ego more than any other pain she felt.

She had to reconcile with Ira.
A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.-John Lennon
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Overcome with joy, it took Ira's words to force the young woman to take a step back and look at the roan woman with bewilderment. Hurt. Heartbroken and sorry for the feeling of betrayal she felt she had imbued onto the once Constable. With ears folded back, she searched Ira's face for a moment and glanced back at the small group of travelers as if they held the answer above their heads. 

We... we came looking for... a home. Her gaze fell to the ground, yes her absence was sudden, but was she truly that forgettable? Ibis too, at first, didn't seem to recognize the pale woman when they were first reunited, though that was more forgivable considering they had only met briefly - Ira on the other hand, well, that was a whole new sense of hurt. I thought... She spoke to herself, confused and stumped in the moment.

Was she wrong the woman would have been happier to see the little woman? Or was her disappointment much deeper? With a few hesitant steps, she created more space between herself and the larger woman, a rift where Reiko stood between the group and Ira, where the moment of solitude consumed her. I'm sorry.

At least there were a couple who had remembered her for a while, Yuudai and Hiromi. Were it not for them, perhaps the princess would have lost herself in the feeling of worthlessness, but instead, she continued. Clearing her throat in order to level her tone out, steady without the wrinkles in the tones. So many vanished or left, we seek refuge if possible. They were so few, and so tired, they had to gather themselves before coming up with a new plan
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The younger girl was quick to step back, a whole 180 flip in her mood that was evident on her face. Ira was confused, she wasn't expecting an apology, except maybe what happened to her after Reiko insisted she teach her. She shifted her gaze once more to the wolves that followed, the Count could have sworn she recognized at least one more face, but most were new. What did Reiko mean by vanishing or left? Had she been with another pack?

A frown crossed the roan woman's face. Even if she were to accept all of them, there seemed to be too many for their ranks. I am not sure what you apologize for. I simply meant if anyone else had been at the borders you could have rushed in and been attacked. She turned once more to the white girl now taking a step further. I'm afraid I have not fully followed, you've been gone a long time. I assumed you found life worthwhile elsewhere. She'd rather not break the bad news before she heard the full story, but Ira was well aware she would likely have to turn weary travelers away unless only some stay.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Of course Ira was right. She had put herself again in a situation that could have gone sour, it just simply worked out for her for the best this time. As Ira continued to explain, Reiko searched and racked her brain to try and put things into words without rambling on for days about what had happened. 

Life worthwhile somewhere else, those were the words. As if she had found a new pack and decided they were better, that her loyalty was fickle and easily changed just for some sweet empty promises. Then again, she did find Ibis and her pack, stayed there for a while and thought maybe she could feel like home among them like she did with Kaistleoki. I tried. 

With a deep breath filling her lungs, she spoke softly and as level toned as possible despite the swirling emotions and thoughts that clouded her mind. I didn't leave on my own volition. We can speak of it on more one on one if you wish. Refusing to cast a glance over at the group behind her, she didn't want to draw too much attention to her story. She had kept it to herself for so long. While looking for Kaistleoki again, I found Ibis and her pack instead and chose to try and make that my new home, but the pack disbanded. Many of our packmates vanished - some abandoned them. Kavik and Grezig, did the others too?

Not wanting to cause a rift between any lingering ties, she kept that little bit to herself. It was she who seemed to have a problem with Kavik, the one who chose to take up after Ibis and then abandon them all without a word. I thought of Kaistleoki every day. The final words stumbled out loosely, softer than the previous words, mumbled as she choked back the wave of emotions and grief.
Healing (2/6)

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count couldn't help but wonder what Reiko meant. She could see the look though, she would inquire later. The wolves that followed were new packmates or at least the ones that had stayed. For whatever reason, their pack did not last. I would like to say I could help you... Her eyes swept over the numbers once more to confirm that she had counted correctly.

I'm afraid there are too many of you to stay here. I won't turn you away outright since it appears you've been traveling for a while. A couple of days is all you have to make new plans and rest. It's all she could offer. Their food had to go to the pack's mouths as their energy was spent reclaiming the river.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
As Ira continued, a solid feeling sank into her stomach. The inevitable would come, and she would almost predict every word that the count would say as she said it. Cerulean eyes swept the small crowd as Ira spoke, and of course, she was right. They were too many, too many precious faces and individuals who were equally lost. Thank you, I understand. They had to come up with a plan, and thankfully, she and Vespera had already talked about a possible plan.

All she had to do was talk to a few more people among them, to Ira maybe too on a more personal level, and then they could all work together on making a new home where they all may rest and live together. Before we leave, I'd love to talk some more if you're willing? Still hopeful that maybe Ira was juts putting on a face for the crowd, that maybe they were still friends despite the disappearance and the sudden reappearance, she offered a soft wag of her tail as she eyed the roan woman with wide eyes.
Healing (2/6)

893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
last post from me! feel free to start up another

She could see the disappointment cross the white girl's face, but alas as she said there was nothing else she could offer. Ira listened as Reiko offered a more personal conversation and the Count would accept. For now she would give a wave of her tail to signal to the wolves behind her. They could pass the borders, strict rules were not needed as the plains were very open, enough so that she could keep an eye on their visitors. We can talk later. I need to finish my patrol. Your people can stay close to the center of the territory. Once the group started moving in, she would take her own path back along the edges of the territory.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
With a nod she accepted Ira's offer and waited for the Constable to walk off before bounding back to the group, wanting to enter the plains together rather than lead them in with her back turned to her. No, she was one of them, they'd move as one as they always had. Nudging a few members here and there to uplift their moods the only way she knew how, she smiled as they wandered into the deeper parts of Kaistleoki's temporary home in order to rest.
Healing (2/6)