Hoshor Plains I've got a hundred thrown out speeches
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
Being among the Kaistleoki wolves wasn't all bad. They were friendly enough, keeping to themselves or to their duties. They left Ibis alone for the most part; some of the younger members, the children mostly, had been caught spying on the travelling group a couple of times. She didn't mind that at all. It reminded her of the days when she had been tiny, and when her only problem was simple and vain: Eleuthera, her gorgeous sister-but-not-sister, being prettier than Ibis felt she was. Now she was older and her worries were heavier. She wished she could find her family and reunite them - that was always her desire, her greatest dream and failure muddied as one - and the rambunctious children of the plains reminded her of all this.

The plains were immense. She could stare in any direction for ages and not make out any landmarks. There were rolling hills of green and brown, sometimes dotted with dark silhouettes - creatures Ibis had never encountered before. She did not want to wander too far from her friends yet; the Kaistleoki wolves were offering them a place to recharge before further plans were made, and Ibis did not want to overstep. She chose to do a light patrol around the area the group had chosen to nest, popping by @Kukulkan while he tended to Wren, moseying to where @Reiko had been napping in the sun - then around again, feeling the wind rush over her.

There was a taste of freedom in the wind, and soon enough Ibis was so caught up in her run that she became a speck of dust among the reeds of grass, flowing along the hill and down across the prairie as if she were flying. She took deep breaths, ignored the burn in her thin limbs and the ache in her lungs, and kept on running against a backdrop of blue sky.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
I'm going to assume Howl knows Reneian Empire is staying here... yeah.

A few weeks into his stay within the Hoshor Plains and Howl was getting rather used to a daily routine of patrolling the borders and making his presence more known among the other members. But he had not yet had the chance to meet anyone formally from the Reneian Empire. He had overheard that they were being allowed housing here for a time but they seemed to keep to themselves and weren't fully integrated in with the pack.

Part of patroling was knowing who was allowed in and who was meant to stay out. Knowing others by name was a good start but learning their character, smell, and appearance would surely be a better tool Howl thought to himself. As this proposition strolled about his mind he caught the sight of a spry young female running a little ways away from him in an opposing direction. He presumed this to be one of the Reneian Empire wolves and thought a co-op run would be an enjoyable welcome, but he would have to catch up to her first.

Changing his course he increased his speed in an attempt to converge with her route. It was not an all-out sprint as he did not wish to look as though he was pursuing her in a chase, but was rushed speed needed to reach her.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She felt the wind whipping by her face, coursing across her chest and down her back, buffering against her—likely doing so if she ran or not, as the prairie often had sharp winds—so Ibis' sense of self became swept up in that same wind. All she could hear was the bluster of air in her ears. All she could feel was the earth beneath her paws and the seamless touch of momentum. Then there came a rival thundering alongside her; heavy steps, someone in pursuit maybe, which made her remember where she was and why.

A little bit embarrassed for letting herself get carried away, she arcs her path so that she can turn wide and look upon the creature chasing after her. She notices it is a man, swarthy and rugged, and certainly older than herself. He is not familiar-but he must be a part of Kaistleoki, and that warrants a small dip of the head and a smile. Hello, she tries to say, but finds her breath is coming in deep pants due to the sprint. It takes a moment for Ibis to collect herself. She is unkempt; wisps of fur framing her wind-burned cheeks.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her course begins to change and he catches her eyesight signifying to him that he had made his presence known. Making her way towards him he returned her polite nod and greeting with his own. "Good day Miss" he greeted in his usual gentlemanly tone, only more huffed with his breathing. Despite his lack of recent exercise, he felt this run was invigorating. The feeling of the cool breeze entering his lungs felt refreshing making him think he might be able to go all day like this.

"I presume you are of Reneian... Might I join you?" he asked wondering if she might want some company on her run or perhaps a more talkative walk/trot. Something where he could keep moving up while also striking up a pleasant conversation or at least proper introduction. Even if he may not be apart of this pack for long Howl found that the more wolves he knew the better his connections would be in the future, hence his opportunity to join his current pack.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The man slows with her, and as they both come to a halt she hears his voice clearly over the subduing din of the wind; her own heart feels as if it is thundering in her breast but not even that tumult can content with his clear voice, masculine and deep and somehow intriguing to her ears. She wants to drift closer to him but holds that impulse at bay - concern flitting across her features briefly as she doesn't know where the impulse comes from. It is not yet her season; but her body is preparing and while Ibis remains ignorant to the coming change within her, this alteration which will transform her from girl to woman, she knows something is off.

Still, she cannot deny the company. He is rugged, handsome, and older - reminding her in the same breath of her father and brother, which makes her belly flutter. I -- yes, I came here with Reiko, she murmurs breathlessly. I would love the company. Perhaps -- she takes another breath, feeling her pulse steady as she begins to stride again, inviting him alongside with subtle cues. -- perhaps you can tell me about Kaistleoki. I know your leader, ah... Ira, we were friends before she joined. I do not know much about this place, though.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Now that the pace had slowed he was able to catch his breath and hear himself and his company speak more clearly. It also gave him a chance to see his companion more clearly when previously she had been a blur in the wind. Comparative to him most females appeared small, but this one particular had a distinctly petite frame, likely aiding in the speed she had displayed earlier. It also made her look young and youthful, though she was both of these things naturally. Howl tried his best not to think about it too intently as admiring women was something he constantly did and historically caused a majority of his problems. Simply irresistible. 

Her speech was a bit stalled, likely due to her catching her breath. After confirming his assumptions she invited him to walk along with her. "I may not be the best one to answer your questions, since, in comparison to many others, I am relatively new. But if there is anything you would like to know I would be pleased to answer to the best of my ability. And perhaps you could do the same for me." he offered politely. An exchange of information. Perhaps along with Reneian he could learn more about Ira, since the two were friends.