Blacktail Deer Plateau I once threw beer at a swan and then it attacked my niece Rebecca
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
All Welcome 
dated for 03/13. pretty vague

The mountains were lonely, beyond Diaspora. No one really seemed to be living there. It was only when he began to descend that he noticed two things: the vast ocean emerging on the horizon, and the scent of wolves in greater numbers than one. Timberlake took the time to admire the former, having never really taken stock of it. Then, he decided to pursue the latter.

He approached the plateau still hoping for good news, but not expecting it. He could hear the not-so-far-off sound of waves and thought that was where he would go next. Play in the water, try his paw at catching some sea fish. That might improve his mood somewhat.

For now, Timberlake howled for any relevant leaders or wolves, feeling as if he'd done it a thousand times already. Pretty much had—he'd lost track. He was becoming a glorified scout at this rate.
163 Posts
Ooc —
Nieve was neither a leader nor a relevant wolf, depending who you asked, but she was nearby. She was picking through a shallow northern cave when the foreign howl caught her attention. The young she-wolf rose, shook the dust and stiffness from her coat and joints, and promptly headed toward the source.

There he stood, both tall and broad with vibrant amber eyes. Must've come down from the mountains to be on this side of their territory. Nieve approached with a lofty gait, tail raised in a welcoming wave despite Rusalka's guarded nature. Nothing wrong with being both friendly and cautious, she thought. Besides, he got bonus points for being a looker.

What brings you here? she asked, flashing Timberlake her typical winsome smile.
and i've found that in every man there's a child
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
A beautiful golden girl of about a year met him at the border; Timberlake flashed her a friendly smile in return. So far, so good. He was entranced by her eyes—blue as any sky—but he tried to stick to business. 

I'm Timberlake, he introduced himself. I'm looking for some of my family. I've got some names. . .uh—

He broke off, sheepish. The encounter with Padma had made him more determined to find his siblings. Unfortunately, it was to the neglect of his cousins. He still cared about finding them, sure, but now they were far and away his second priority. 

I'm looking for my brother and sister. Radcliffe and Meadow. Oh, and my mother, Pema. Do any of them live here?

Timberlake was hopeful, but not overly optimistic. Even if they were here, what if, like Padma, they'd changed? Dramatically changed, at that?
163 Posts
Ooc —
Timberlake, a man on the hunt for his family. Nieve could relate, though unlike him, she didn't put much effort into ranging far and wide in search of her missing siblings. It was touching, really, that he would go to such lengths. She wondered if he had others waiting for him elsewhere, or perhaps his siblings were trying to find him at the exact same time he was looking for them...

I'm sorry, none of those names ring a bell, she told him regretfully. If they'd ever run with Rusalka it was before her time. We're not a very big pack, I'm sure I would know them if they were here. She tapped her hocks with her tail thoughtfully, trying to reflect on if she'd ever met any wolves with similar names, but even in her travels she couldn't recall anything like Radcliffe or Meadow.

Wish I could be more help, she said. Have you come a long way looking for them?
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
No luck with his nuclear family. What of the cousins? He was polite, though, waiting until she had finished speaking before opening his mouth again. 

Not very far, I guess, Timberlake said casually, shrugging. I live a couple weeks' travel to the north. With a whole host of family. Speaking of that —

I'm also looking for some cousins of mine. Sunny, Valiant, Easy, Dauntless and Winterbourne. Are any of them here?

Another longshot, especially if the pack was as small as she described. Still, he focused on her brilliant gaze, now letting himself get a bit distracted as he waited for her response.
163 Posts
Ooc —
Timberlake's family certainly had interesting, colourful names. Some were mere words, others complex and unique. She thought only Clementine's name could compare to the latter, whereas the former were oddly to the point. She found herself wondering if Dauntless was truly dauntless, or if Sunny had a winning personality, or how Easy came by her name and if it was as insultingly true as it sounded at first.

Never met any wolves with those names, either, sorry, she apologized, tucking her ears sadly back. She wished she could help in some way. What if this was the answer he got everywhere he went? Soon he might run out of hope entirely. I can ask around about them when I go on scouting trips if you like? Just tell me where I can find you if I hear about one of them?
88 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
No cousins, either. Drat. How could they all be so scattered? Weren't at least some of them bound to be around here, somewhere—and together at that? Timberlake didn't hide the despondent look on his face, and instead of being keen on continuing the conversation, he just wanted to leave. Go to the ocean, decompress.

No, actually. . .he wanted to go home. That would be even better.

Yeah, that would be nice, thank you, he responded, forcing a smile. She didn't deserve a mopey visitor, after all. But if he stayed any longer, the young man was afraid he was about to get real existential and depressing. Uh, I'm traveling around a lot, but I'll be on the coast for a little while, he guessed. I live up north in a place called Round Valley.

Hopefully, he would see her. Seeing her would mean good news. And once he received good news, he'd be in much better spirits. He bid the girl adieu after her response and headed toward the waves, looking for a brief escape.