Phantom Hollow here i found no self control
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
It started innocently enough. A feeling like a light fever overtook her while she slept; she woke up late in the day, flustered, as if a dream had turned down a path she had not expected and left her filled with yearning. There was an itch just beneath her skin that she tried to ignore. Not sure of what she was feeling nor why (and presuming she was merely overtired after the great ordeal of heartache and travel across mountains) Ibis knew one thing for sure: she needed to get away. Stretch her legs.

Unwilling to involve herself with the wolves of Kaistleoki despite their arrangement, Ibis chose a direction and began to march. As she went, she felt the chilled spring air and smelled the steely notes of coming rain; so she sought shelter, a choice which drove her in to a foreign woodland expanse. She was oblivious to her condition and to the threats others might pose to her - all that was certain was the girl's desperate desire for physical contact which grew the more she roamed.

Precursor to her full heat. Open.
166 Posts
Ooc —
Lenny had been traveling for what felt like years, but in reality, it had only been a bit under a month since she left Torbine. Looking for Vallkyrie was exhausting, but it would be worth it in the end, she thought. The young Archer was an inky black shadow traveling over the terrain. Fog hung thick in the air and the threat of rain was imminent. Perhaps the woodland ahead would provide some shelter.

Traversing the river was easy, long limbs carrying her quickly across. She shook out the chill in her fur, turning moonstone eyes to survey the area. She could swear she heard the sound of paws crunching on underbrush somewhere, but she couldn't pinpoint the location.

"Hello?" she called, trotting up to the woods and looking around. Unease prickled up her spine - for all her confidence, this was a creepy place. "Someone out there?"
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Mal had been tracking a few deer that had split from the herd in his own forest -- probably last year's fawns off to find their future elsewhere, or something else. Hell if he knew, hew as just following the damn things. Certainly didn't seem like they were staying put here -- not that he blamed him, he'd been through this place a few times and though he was kind of bored of the creepiness, it wasn't his favorite place to hang. Maybe another hour of traveling and he'd turn around and head home. At least he could say he hadn't found any Bad Guy scents here either. For now, though, he kept going.

The wolf he noticed wasn't the one familiar to him. No, it was the other woman's call who drew his attention -- Ibis' own movements and scent were far enough ahead that he hadn't picked her out. But well, no question the deer were keenly aware of wolves about now if they had bothered to pause for a break. So, he turned and headed towards the voice, trotting along in a rather obviously-heard way (and depending on twiggy underbrush, probably soon-visible as well), but from a different direction. Once he spotted her (catching up if necessary), he gave her a whuff in her direction and a broad smile. He called out cheerfully in turn, Looking for anyone in particular? He meant it as a joke, not that she actually might be.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She had stripped herself of sadness. Left it behind in the prairie, rooted to where she had curled up and slept. It was a sense that persisted despite her best efforts but Ibis refused to acknowledge it; this was easier to do with the warmth in her skin, this yearning for contact which was thoroughly distracting. It would have been safer - and smarter - to linger where the travelling band had been allocated within Kaistleoki. Something about being around all of those people at once was off-putting, though. The forest was nearly empty when she arrived to it; the cold shadows painting dappled shapes across her pale body as she roamed through them, but this did not temper the sensations she had woken up with.

Was she sick? Ibis did not know what sort of ailment would cause her to feel feverish like this. She told herself it was better she be alone now, in case she was carrying something awful that could spread - social distancing and all of that - unaware that her body was going through a hormonal transformation and nothing more. Oh, if only her mothers were here. If only Lily were here too, to help her through this.

As if manifesting the great desires within her mind, there came a drifting shadow. It wasn't masculine nor feminine at first glance, but dark, and it called out with a sweet voice that caught in Ibis' ears and made her chest hurt. As she had been idly thinking of her deceased caretaker, to be confronted by a shape and a voice so similar (especially in her current state) was beyond confusing. She knew in her heart it was not Lily; yet she sought out that voice all the same, and emerged just as a second arrived. This other figure she recognized immediately as Mal — but it was too late, Ibis couldn't reverse course now that she was exposed.
166 Posts
Ooc —
Lenny knew well that the fear she was experiencing was irrational, but she had never been as brave as her sister was. But there was a loud crunching in the forest ahead and the black wolf paused, silvery eyes narrowing at the sound. Surely things like ghosts wouldn't be so loud, right?

Luckily for her, it was not a ghost, but a man dressed in fur they didn't have in Torbine. Splotches ran up and down his pelt and a dark mask adorned his face. Two different colors stared back at her when she made eye contact - he was striking, she had to admit. Much more preferable to running into a ghost out here in the night. 

"I am," she remarked, wondering how he could've known that. "My sister, actually. Do you know anyone named Vallkyr-" She cut off when a small shape entered her field of vision - a tiny wolf, smaller than almost anyone she'd seen before, aside from the pups back home. But she didn't look like she felt good. 

Ears angled toward the smaller female and she frowned, slightly concerned. "You alright? You don't look so good."
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Ooh, he'd made a good guess! Well, not really a guess, he'd made a silly comment and it had turned out to be true. He didn't get to answer, even though he did actually know the answer unless she was going to say Vallkyrotticus or something instead. Instead, there was a minor interruption as both of them spotted the moving light colored blot on the corner of their vision. Focus shifted, conversation paused. Ibis?

What a ghost from his past! But the Mal that Ibis was meeting now was nearly a different person -- she'd left about the time he'd started his transformation into the man he was now. The ruffled, angry boy was replaced with the confident, well-preened man who had been grinning away until he'd spotted her. There it faded, but what it was replaced with was something akin to confusion. Was taken aback the right phrase for his confusion at her state and existence? She looked worse than she had during the famine -- when she was around at least. Ibis? What the hell had happened to her? Had they somehow gone and traded places in the world, him happy, her sad or something?
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The voices she had heard faded with her arrival, as two sets of eyes alighted upon her. She already felt warm in the face (and other unmentionable places) but having the full attention of two people made her uneasy. How far she'd fallen from the enigmatic scout, the eager ambassador! All she wanted to do in that split-second was bolt; but she couldn't move, not as the voice of Mal hit her ears next. He sounded different. Older, maybe - a deeper voice, smoother - and Ibis felt weak in the knees. It must have been the fever.

Oh, um, she softly gasps, dropping her eyes from the two wolves as if she has invaded a private rendezvous. In the back of her mind she cannot help but think, 'Such glossy dark fur,' in relation to the woman. She is somehow out of her element here; of course, the ex-Archdruid did not expect to run in to Mal of all people. Hello Mal. And -- hello, her shy glances shift from Mal's face (was it always so appealing, with that roguish mask?) to the dark woman, to whom she smiles softly and nods a greeting. She's trying very hard not to look at Mal; every inch of her body is telling her to get closer and for all she knows, its the sickness trying to puppet her about.
166 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, there was something... off about the girl. She was so cute, to be perfectly honest - tiny and pale and green-eyed. A doll, some might say. Lenny was no doctor, but it didn't take a genius to tell that she wasn't feeling her best. Mercury eyes flicked from her, back to the male - Mal and Ibis. They knew each other, it seemed. 

The girl had certainly not interrupted any rendezvous of any sort. Len stepped forward and wagged her tail, hoping to ease some of the discomfort the girl was exhibiting. "Lenny. Lenny Archer," she introduced after the greeting. "Ibis, right?" The male - Mal - had said as much. "You look... like you need to sit down. Are you feeling okay?"

Lenny glanced over to the boy, brow arched. Was she always like this?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Archer was Vallkyrie's last name too, right? So that pretty much ruled out the whole random person with the similar start of their name thing. They could come back to that. A quick check of her scent said she was a lone wolf. So, recruitable probably? Once they figured out if Ibis was going to fall over right here or what.

He came closer to them both, stopping by Lenny's side (at a reasonable distance of course), looking between the two women before focusing mostly on Ibis. He did seem to be concerned, at least. Peering forward attentively, his question would answer Lenny's glance, And what happened to you? It did smell like she'd been around other wolves, but not anyone he recognized. It brought to mind another question -- where was Okeanos? But not now, it could wait. Seemed like there were more than a few of those right now. And if she was with other wolves, why hadn't they helped her? Why did she still look like she'd been run over by a truck or something? But at least right now there was no scent that told him what might be up -- just what he could see.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The silky black-furred woman spoke softly, and Ibis made herself listen and focus on her instead of Mal because—well, she had to. Every time she began to glance his way she felt so warm and touch-starved and it frightened her, to be quite honest. Plus the girl was quite pretty to look at too, reminding Ibis vaguely of Lily; rather than feeling sad about that thought, she found the warmth that grew with Mal's presence transferring easily to the woman—Lenny. What an odd name! Archer was pretty though, did she have siblings...? Were they all gorgeous and glossy and dark...? God, snap out of it.

—appened to you? Mal's voice; Lenny's eyes on her, though. Ibis was briefly lost in those eyes and then turned her attention away, which was probably a mistake. She found herself staring wide-eyed at Mal as if he were carved of marble. He certainly had the complexion, and had grown from the needy little boy in to quite the man— I'm fine I'm good, nothing happened, she bumbled hastily, growing more flustered.

Maybe a deep breath would help? She tried that, filling her lungs with crisp spring air - and Mal's layered scent, the wild notes of Lenny. A bit warm. I should -- I should go, I might be sick. Even as she said this though, Ibis didn't make a move to leave. It was like her body wanted one thing and the rest of her - well, it was conflicted about the whole ordeal.
166 Posts
Ooc —
It almost felt like she was approaching a wild beast, injured and trying to escape. But of course there was no way that the stubborn Valencia Archer would let that happen - especially not when it seemed the behavior was odd for the girl. Mal seemed to think so, and if they knew each other, Lenny would assume he knew if this was out of the ordinary or not. 

"I should go, I might be sick." It was stammered out, unease clear in the small wolf's voice. Lenny shook her head and stepped forward. "No ma'am," she stated breezily, a smile crossing her maw as she approached her further. "If there's anything you shouldn't do when you're sick, it's wander off at night by yourself."

"Besides," she continued, nudging the girl's side with her muzzle. "What kind of asshole would I be if I let you leave like this? You have a home?" She smelled like she did. The scent of other wolves clung to her pelt, unlike the solitude that permeated Lenny's. Both she and Mal had homes, it seemed. "If it's not far, I can walk you there. If not, we can find somewhere else for you to stay the night." Moonstone eyes flicked over to Mal hopefully. Back me up here? was the silent question that hung in the air.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Was she really like this those months ago? Her mannerisms seemed so different from what he remembered -- but maybe it was just how things had changed since then. Maybe now he was just more aware. And why did she look at him like that? All this weirdness -- it changed his tone, somewhat softer, You look like you've had a hard time. All he could think of was the famine, but again, hadn't that been over for a while now? Nothing else made sense.

And here she was threatening to run off already. Yeah, that shouldn't happen, he had questions. So he was all on board with Lenny's plan, he flashed Ibis a light smile, You don't smell sick at least. Look, how about you just rest a bit? Maybe it'll pass -- if it doesn't, then yeah we can help you back. He wanted her to stay for a few reasons, some of them outright selfish, but if Lenny also thought Ibis shouldn't just run off, then obviously that had to be the right decision. If they all just stayed put and had a conversation, everyone could get the answers they wanted.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The woman had a point. She also had a nice face, lustrous coat, and a voice like honey; it would have been difficult to ignore them even if Ibis was in her right mind. As she was currently feeling the buzzing warmth of pre-estrus, the more that the dark woman spoke the less Ibis felt like fleeing. Then, there was Mal -- his voice was even more appealing somehow, and the way he looked at her made her feel weak in the knees. But it was Mal; sure, he had the curious patchwork coat she'd always been vaguely jealous of, and the mysterious masking of his face, and he had grown in to his body somehow in the past few weeks --- You don't smell sick, at least.

Snap out of it, girl.

I.. Okay. Ibis murmurs as she slides up close to Valencia, purposefully making sure the woman was between herself and Mal (not that she understood why her interest was so strong and then so [i]not, every few moments). She went on to say, I do have a home. My friend Reiko, and our friends from the woods, um... We're moving to the vale in the mountains. I just got a little bit... Lost. How typical Ibis.
166 Posts
Ooc —
Lenny, for the life of her, could not figure out what was wrong with this girl. The poor thing looked so ill, but yet she didn't smell sick, and she was so eager to slide up close against Lenny's fluffy flank. The Archer was well aware that she dwarfed the little princess, so it was odd that a tiny, sick little wolf like this would feel comfortable enough around a larger stranger to be so forward.

Something about it made her ears heat up. 

Nevertheless, ever the purehearted knight, the larger girl cleared her throat. "Well, then, let's get settled. I'd say we take a little break here tonight and we'll see how you're looking in the morning, huh? Whaddaya say?" she asked then, voice taking on a bit of a fake, almost New Yorker, accent - it happened when she was nervous, okay?
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
So she had found somewhere else. But no Okeanos mentioned. He was still curious -- there were plenty of questions he could think up. But with Ibis acting the way she was, then there was opportunity to have those answered. And he was curious about Lenny as well. Too many questions! But whatever, Mal was sort of in his element, he'd be his charming self and get what he wanted. Wasn't like it'd do anyone harm anyway.

He looked to Lenny, After all, I think I've maybe got an answer to your question, and his look shifted to Ibis, and you might have some for me too -- or if you don't, I might. He gave them both a flashier smile, circling around to see both. Shall we find a nice place to camp and have a chat? Mal made a bit of a show of looking around at the general vicinity. Not the best options here, but eh. Was something.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Feeling dopey, almost sleepy, but also warm and eager to have company, Ibis drifted towards the woman and planted herself at their side. She was aware of Mal's drifting presence; the sort of awareness one might have of an attractive individual in a night club. Don't look, don't look, don't look — she kept reciting to herself, trying to stay focused on the dark woman's pretty voice instead. They were both alluring and it was the first time Ibis really noticed how conflicted she felt by both of them being near; she wanted to bask in their attention separately, but it felt like she would melt.

Okay, mm, I suppose that's -- that's a plan. Ibis softly accepts that she isn't going anywhere for the time being, and yet she doesn't feel like sleeping either. How late was it? She looks up at the sky, wondering if the stars were bright or not - but she can't focus, she's too distracted by the warmth of the two bodies and the sound of their breathing, their close proximity - and still, Mal, roaming; his deep voice complimenting the light tones of the woman. She dares a glance and feels her face grow warm.

How -- how are you? Um, but she remembers their last conversation being a tense one (except she can't recall what was said exactly) and wonders if Mal would hold that against her. You look -- good. Oh dear, is she swooning? She might be swooning.
166 Posts
Ooc —
Ah, so the boy had some answers for her. Lenny had hoped he might - appearing to her like a spotty little plot device. Plus, he seemed to agree with her that the smaller wolf shouldn't be alone right now. The dark wolf offered the littler one a smile and nudged her over toward a drier spot of ground, sheltered by a little overhang of bushes. They could all relax over there and answer as many questions as they wanted.

A smirk crossed the girl's face at the smaller one's evident swooning over the spotted boy. "Hey, whaddabout me?" she asked, playful, and moved to settle down by the roots of a tree beneath the shelter of the bushes. "I know the spots are cool and all, but I've got, like, the one," she teased, raising her paw to touch the white splotch on her chest.
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
The last times they'd met, Mal had certainly not understood Ibis at all. They operated on very different wavelengths, and had very much been at odds with each other even before that. Different perspectives. Now she was acting completely different. He'd already come to the decision long ago that he'd totally win her over by showing what a suave, handsome guy he was, what she'd missed out on by thinking so highly of herself. Or something. This was different. Too easy. Whatever, he was going to keep going with the original plan, so at her words, he gave her a smile, a little mischievous at that.

He followed to where Lenny lead, taking a seat carefully chosen to show off his best side (or what he thought as such). He was about to ask about Okeanos when Lenny continued, Hey, many is totally better, as you can see-- he paused, preening at the fur on his shoulder for a moment before stopping. Besides, I got questions. First to Lenny, Like what were you saying a bit ago? And to Ibis, And I know Okeanos went off after you. Never saw him again, did he find you? Because it didn't seem like he'd been around her recently, Mal was sure he would recognize the scent.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
-- what about me? the woman jokes, and Ibis watches her paw at the white splotch with a look of subtle envy. It strikes her sharply that this woman is attractive in her own way but also, she looks very much like her own father. Colder tones to her coat, but an enigmatic face and large-ish build which makes Ibis feel a sudden homesickness. She starts to reply when Mal cuts in.

The mention of Okeanos further deflated Ibis' drive to be close to either of them. She settled against the earth, giving Len a chance to respond and continue whatever conversation she had waltzed in on, and when given a moment - and the spotlight - did her best to answer.

I lost track of him during the famine. We had settled in the marsh over the mountains, and i... I waited there, but he... she shook her head, looking defeated. While I waited I befriended some people looking for help through the worst of it, so we banded together.