Blacktail Deer Plateau turning tables
i want more berries, and that warm summer feeling
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
Joining 
Kasatka had wandered the Wilderness with little luck of finding her family. So she had left, only to find what she had moved on from was gone too. Thinking that maybe they had come back here to find her, Kitten rerouted and returned. Thus far, her luck had not been the best but it wasn't something she fret over. She would turn it around in no time at all. Things could only go down for so long before it bounced back up again right? Now would be that time. 

But, to do that, she needed to find somewhere to live. Kitten had been nomadic and ran with packs off and on, but was looking for something more permanent. If she found her family, she could guide them to wherever it was she settled she figured. But loyalty was one of her core traits, and leaving each pack she had found had been difficult. Not something she hadn't let them know of in advance, but hard. Leaving new friends behind always was, and it just... wasn't something she wanted to keep doing. 

That in mind, it seemed too much of a coincidence that she would come upon freshly marked borders as she wandered that day. She was drawn to them like a beacon though knew better than to get too close lest she upset the wolves here. Some were more territorial than others. Kitten had learned that a lot of wolves went through hardships the season prior which made them that way, but others were that way to begin with and the events had made the trait increase tenfold. It was understandable, and Kasatka would hate to ruffle feathers. Anyway, back to the point—it felt like fate, finding this pack while she thought of all that. So why not explore it? 

Kasatka tilted her head and called for any who might have a moment to entertain her. First things first, Kitten wanted to be sure she was a good fit here... and that they thought the same.
Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision
Always had high, high hopes
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
fwd dated to present day (3/26) with permission from kit <3

Raleska had spent the last two weeks on the lam. It was not uncommon for her to wander - @Rosalyn likely understood more than most her need to get miles (and thoughts) under her belt - but it was time to go home.

She was close to the borders when a feminine voice cut through the plateau. Raleska had long since shed her outwardly aggressive demeanor in favor for something a bit more reserved: she wondered first and foremost, who this wolf was and did not immediately jump to hasty conclusions.

Coming across Kasatka, Raleska at first mistook her for Nieve. Only this one was closer to her own age, and paler too. She chuffed by way of greeting as she situated herself out of habit between the stranger and her pack, her somber eyes resting on the woman in patient query.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
It didn't take too long for someone to meet her there, and Kasatka's eyes turned to the Rusalkan. Her furs were wiry, her figure was sharp, and this stranger had legs for days. That hawkish gaze of hers caused Kitten to immediately look away, a little unsettled by its intensity but not afraid. Intimidated? Definitely. The mute query was invitation enough for Kasatka, whos gaze drifted back to Raleska but never landed on her eyes. Kitten wisely lowered her head, instinct prompting she show the other that she was not at all a threat. Her tail beat in guileless, submissive waves to garner better favor. 

Hey, I'm Kasatka. I've been traveling mostly on my lonesome the past few months and was hoping to set down my roots somewhere more permanently. This looks like a nice place, and so I was hoping to learn what you might be willing to share about it? Understanding life was more quid-pro-quo than it was not, Kitten shared: I'm as decent a hunter as any learned wolf, and I'm also good with watching kids, if there are any here... or any to be had, her tail wagged and she continued without prompting: the latter of which requires trust, I know. I'd hope to earn it beforehand, 'course, she added.
576 Posts
Ooc —
It had been a long time -- too long, even, since Raleska had met a wolf so observant of good mannerisms at their border. A brief flash of guilt then, as Kasatka looked away with an emotion unreadable in her gaze. Had Raleska inspired that?

She was at ease, in any event, by the proper display of subordination. She waved her own tail loosely in response, an ear flicked back to the Plateau to listen for any arrivals. She almost laughed unkindly at the Plateau looking like a nice place: it wasn't Kasatka's fault, but Raleska had never loved it there. "Hi Kasatka." The girl started, her tone tired but welcoming: "I'm Raleska. This is Rusalka. We could use some hunters here. I'm not the leader, though I could call for them if you'd like." She paused before sending her slim muzzle skywards in a howl for @Aningan, or @Rosalyn and @Erzulie -- but while they waited, tried to figure out how to best describe just what 'Rusalka' was. "We're kind of a roving pack. There's not many of us, but we're all close. Mostly just a group of...." She flipped through her catalogue of words she would use to describe the unique race that was Rusalkan. "..survivors. Sound up your alley?"
at times unbearably so.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the weight of the children were now visible against her slender frame. erzulie found this second pregnancy had been marked by a dismal increase in nausea. she longed for salt.
the visitors that had arrived to ask about caiaphas unsettled the woman. raleska's howl crooned into the air and was a welcome distraction; she left off an idle perusal for a densite and attended the two young she-wolves with a vague wave of her plume, mismatched eyes curious upon the coffee-cream stranger as she flanked the other rusalkan.
"i be erzulie," she said quietly after the previous words had passed, then was quiet again, patient.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
104 Posts
Ooc — (✿ ͡◕ ᴗ◕)つ━━✫・*。
Cool, she rejoined, tail waving. If they needed hunters, at least she could contribute that way and do something. Kasatka was somewhat surprised to hear that this wolf wasn't a leader, if only because their presence was so... intimidating to her. Though Kitten was also easily intimidated, so there was that. Yes, please, she answered with a nod, to which Raleska did. As Raleska described the motley crew, Kitten considered. I like that you're close, she was close to her own previous pack... well, the one that counted in her heart anyway. Her family. And... well, surviving... isn't that just what we do? So, yes, it did sound up her alley; all this said with a smile, as she was glad to just hear that this pack was... well, what one should be. And that was why it was up her alley, of course. 

Ezrulie came then, less intimidating somehow... but not appearing as though she deserved any less respect for it. Though there was a sweetness to the other with their beauty, there was something more. Kitten found her head dipping further then; she was not at all an ambitious wolf, by any means... and there was something to be said about a leaders natural ability to somehow, in an unspoken way, demand respect. Kitten would gladly give it. The other spoke in a unique way, I be Ezrule. Kitten had half a mind to answer her exactly in kind, thinking maybe that might be the respectful thing to do in her own customs... but that felt wrong. Like adopting something she ought not to. I'm Kasatka, she introduced again, tail twitching lowly between her hocks. I was looking to see if you might have room for one more? she asked with ample interest. Now that she had been told about them, she felt she could fit in.
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska fell to a tense silence, Kasatka's words replaying in her mind as they waited. Erzulie's arrival prompted a sweep of her ears in deference, and she stepped back so the two might make their own introductions.

Once it was over, Raleska briefly considered speaking up on Kasatka's behalf -- but the yearling seemed capable of her own conduct, and drove right to the point. Appreciative of this Raleska glanced Erzulie's way deferentially, offering little save her presence if it was needed.
at times unbearably so.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
kasatka. erzulie returned raleska's expression, a little smile lighting on her features. if her younger packmate vouched for this girl, then the harlot herself saw little reason to question kasatka further.
"rusalka is a good home for t'ose who work hard an' become part of de family," the beta purled. "i will expect dat of you.'
two-toned eyes were warm, however. "join us. raleska likes you, or else she would not have called for me. tell me somet'ing about yourself all de same."
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
576 Posts
Ooc —
Raleska's cheeks blushed to be called out so -- she hid a smile against the ruff of her fur as she turned, ready then to give the two space. It was Raleska's opinion few had mastered the value in quickly judging character as Erzulie had -- and if Erzulie thought the girl worth her time also, perhaps there was a future here for her in Rusalka.

Excusing herself, Raleska sped off on another errand. The borders needed some attention, and she had neglected them as of late.
at times unbearably so.