Greatwater Lake do you love her?
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Private 
for @Howl

Her proposal that she get closer to her goal by the next time she saw him felt unrealistic. Star knew in her heart that her hope was for children, for a family- and it seemed unfullfillable in Sagtannet. The men there were few, and most were too young or already associated with other women. She would not dare to infiltrate anyone's relationship, nor turn to people too immature to father, and so she was left empty-handed. 

Perhaps it was idealistic- what if, she thought, perhaps her heat did not come this year? Maybe her chances were all already gone, and she would die alone. Such morbid thoughts were not things she wanted to run through her mind, yet they did, nevertheless. As her mind wanders, her feet wander, and she finds herself in the flatlands soon enough. Star stops beside a lake, taking a couple greedy gulps of water, before beginning to take a walk around the curve of the water's edge.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
His recent joining of Kaistleoki had cleared his mind and opened it to a few things. The first being that he was finding a much higher level of enjoyment being around others and servicing others within a pack then he had when he was a lone wolf. The other was his need to return to his previous physique. It was true that now he was much older than when he had last been within the Wilds. But he knew that his recent lack of stamina and precision had been due to a lack of keeping up with skills and practice. Something he would need to get back into if he were to offer his full services to Ira and the pack before their move.

Short runs here and there had done a great job of rehoning his skills and figure but without a solid place to start and stop he was unsure of just how far and for how long he could go, things critical in evaluating one's stamina and physical ability. Having been to the Greatwater Lake before, for a much different reason in the past, he knew of its location and large size. Something he could commit to traversing around.

Making note of a large tree along the side of the lake he set his start point, took a deep breath and kicked off. Not a full sprint but a consistent run hoping to keep that pace all the way around. Elongating his strides and huffing his breaths, tuned into his movements, unaware that a familiar face would soon be around the corner.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Soon noise disturbed her pesce- a heavy panting. The galloping noise of a run as paws collided with snow and earth. Star whips her head upward, eyes soon finding the dark blur who raced the wind. Squinting dark eyes, he seems more familiar as he comes closer and closer- was it who she thought it was? 

Howl? She called out as the blur whizzed closer, and she stepped near his path, though made sure to steer clear of his track. Wouldn't want him crashing into her; he seemed awfully focused on the task at hand and she wasn't sure if he'd even stop in time or stop at all. And maybe her old lady eyes were getting to her. She couldn't tell for sure if it was him when he moved at such a speed.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Phone Post

In constant motion, head bobbing with each strengthened stride and no clear target in sight most of what he saw was blurred. Moving past him as he went onward. Only really looking up to ensure he could avoid large rocks and trees, the white pelt of Star was virtually lost amongst the sifted powdering of snow.

At first utterance of his name he took notice but thought perhaps that it was a chance of hearing whispers within the rushing air past his ears. He slowly scanned the area with his eyes whilst running, bringing his surroundings into focus. Only a few gallops away from her did she finically standout from the background and Howl made a quick maneuver to round her. She had stepped out of his oath, but in his heist he wanted to make she she received a wide birth wanted to garantee no collisions. 

He gradually slowed his pace and looped back around to meet her. Walking up to her he stood tall, his body puffing with adrenaline and heated muscle. His fur nicely slicked by the force of the wind. His voice was heavy as he slowly huffed a greeting. "Star... A pleasure to once again... see your shining face... It would seem... you are in fact a fate seer." he complemented referencing her previous prediction of their paths crossing again.  
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
His quick maneuver surprised her just slightly- but soon he slowed and came to meet her, chest heaving with heavy post-run breaths. Deep voice greeted her sweetly as ever, and she smiled genuinely at his words. I suppose I am, she joked in response, grinning. It's a pleasure to see you too, Howl. I'm surprised- I didn't even have to howl for you. She laughs, before settling down into a seated position on her haunches.

Considering the way he'd just been running, she motions to a spot next to her. Come, take a seat... maybe drink some water. And we can chat, She suggests lightly, big dark eyes flickering over to the lake before back to him.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He laughed along with her to the pun involving his name. It was a joke he used and heard somewhat regularly and despite its frequency, he still found it funny, mainly because there was no way around it. "Very true... Lucky you." he responded.

She took a seat and suggested a rest and conversation. "Ah..." he paused a moment, looking down the river bank thinking of the rest of his run. Turning back to her he said "Yeah. Of course... Thank you." he would have plenty of time to finish his run another time, conversation and interactions were more limited. He took a seat beside her and lowered his head to the water. "How have you been... in the, what... 2 months since I saw you?" he asked before lapping up a large amount of the cool refreshing water.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Lucky me! Boy, was he charming, and he seemed to know it quite well. Was she falling for him? She shook the thought out of her brain- romance was for young women... right? 

He seemed to hesitate on the decision of chatting with her, and momentarily she felt regretful. She hadn't meant to interrupt him, only hoped they might have a moment together... but soon he obliged, and her worries left her. I've been good, she explains, Though... my leader, Andraste, passed on. She frowns, gaze moving away momentarily. But our pack merged with another nearby one, and now we are stronger than ever. She decided with a firm nod. Black gaze moves back to him. What about you? How've you been?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
More unjoyful news, it seemed there was nothing keeping the two from it. Maybe it was something bound to happen with old age. "I'm sorry to hear that" he said softly. Luckily this time it was accompanied by good news, a merge between her pack and another.

When the conversation turned to himself he couldn't help but smile a bit knowing he had good new to tell. "I am officially part of a pack now. Been promoted to noble even." he said with a humorous voice, knowing the title could sound a bit corny. "Doing my best to help any way I can really." he confessed more humbly.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Momentarily he shared in her grief, which she appreciated. The event had certainly not been easy... but Star had seen many deaths in her days, and so Andraste sadly joined that list all too soon. After that though, Howl seemed proud and eager to share his news- the fact that he was part of a pack too, a noble who helped around the grounds. Star's tail wagged with happiness for him- having no home was a sickening feeling, at least for her, and so she knew the happiness that came with being in a pack. The pride one would feel when assisting to help the community.

Howl, that's fantastic! She congratulated, giving him an enthusiastic nudge of her snout. At the second part she nodded more calmly, smiling softly. Yes- I think that helping a pack is one of the best joys of this world. It's what I've always longed to do, and I never let myself go long without finding a community to join. I think there are always people to be assisted. She shrugged casually, as if to blow off her little speech. So you found that same joy, I assume? Is there a particular trade you have?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
His pride was met with enthusiasm, something that made him smile and was undisturbed by her nudge. Her expression of the joyful feeling of helping others and being part of a community only reinforced his previous assumptions. She shrugged it off but Howl still thought it was rather humbling and kind a thought.

"Yeah... I have." he replied "Well I've always been a guardian and on occasion count around. But I'm a bit out of my comfort zone as of late. The pack needed more domestic assistance with regards to others needing some emotional support. So I'm trying my hand at therapy" he said with a nervous smile. Though thought was a bit silly to him, never thinking of himself as a therapist, though he naturally seemed to drift into deep conversations with other. "What about you? What role do you play in your bigger picture?"
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Hearing he was a guardian was no surprise, but counselor threw her off a bit. Him- a therapist? Actually the more she thought about it, it made sense. He was invested in deep conversations as she, and often their chats were on this next level... rather than the boring and domestic small talk of others. Star could understand how he might be good at this new job, whether or not it was out of his comfort zone. 

Ooh, really?~ She hummed with playful intrigue, grinning up at him. I actually think that's a great skill to pursue. My pack doesn't have a counselor- so when you feel like shit, you just kinda get over it, She joked, though it was truth. She knew that when she was feeling down she would've appreciated someone there to lean a shoulder on. There were packmates of course- but they didn't always have great advice or the best choice of words.

For me, I'm a warrior and hunter. Always have been, always will be. I would've liked to be skilled in something like counseling- but I'm not great at that. So I stick to what I know. She shrugged casually. If the scars on her pelt didn't make that clear, her muscled legs (despite her small stature) might. Do you think you were always a good therapist? Or is it more like something that came to you later in life, after you gained wisdom?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He snickered back at her playful comment and lightly laughed at her joke. Though it was a joke in a time when she had just lost a pack member a counselor would be greatly appreciated, for her and any other member of her pack who had felt connected to that member. Her claim was only slightly surprising. It wasn't often that Howl ran into females with a fighting spirit, but it fit Star well he felt, and her physique was surely meant for speed. When she mentioned not being skilled in other areas he remarked "Well I think telling the future is a bit more impressive than listening to other's problems" he grinned.

"I'm not sure I'm a very good one now to be honest" he answered "But perhaps all my years talking to others has wisened me up" he said his voice increased in comedic aged decrepitcy. "Getting old might be good for me in that way"
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Well I think telling the future is a bit more impressive than listening to other's problems. 

Star chuckled good-naturedly at that, shaking her head slightly with warm eyes. Telling the future wasn't exactly her mastery, and she figured he must do a fine job- but she kept these comments to herself. Instead she flicked an ear as she listened to him speak of his own opinions on his experience as a counselor. At his final comment she laughed, nodding enthusiastically.

Hey, She reprimanded him, with a small playful shove of her white paw to his shoulder, I'm sure you're great at it, okay? And about age... agreed. When we started to realize we were old I bet we both hated it, She chuckled, But I actually think the growth of wisdom and maturity is worth it. Star was quiet for a moment then, before tacking on- Even though you're a little younger than me... I think you're just as mature as me, if not moreso. She joked, eyes crinkling with her smile.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He was being overly modest again. A thought driven into him as she lightly shoved on his shoulder and complimented him. He understood her words and reasoning as they resonated with what he had learned. Even if he wasn't as physically able as maybe some of the younger men, he had the experience to back up his authority and duties. And once he got to a point where his physicality was a hindrance rather than an additional help, teaching others would be a way to help others. Still giving him a place within a pack.

To her next comment, he couldn't help but jest in reply. "Well of course I'm more mature. That's just how men are" he paused. "aging like a root vegetable [potato], scaring and bruising till something starts growing off them." he said playfully hunching his back. "Women age like saved berries [wine], fermenting into a sweetened flavor that makes them and others feel more youthful" he smiled. "But you shouldn't have too much at one" he said as a joke but his past experience would only further give this point meaning.
539 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
And a joke too- perhaps he was not so mature in that particular moment, as he joked about men and women; the way they aged differently, the comparisons to things in nature. Star couldn't help her musical laugh that tumbled out at his words, eyes squinting in a smile of their own. Oh, Howl, She chuckled, laughter still dying down. You are too much. For the record, I think I will start bruising and growing things before you- and you are the one, who makes me feel youthful. As her laughter became more heartfelt words, her smile softened into something romantic. In the same way, time seemed to pass quickly when she was with him, as if she was always craving more. Evidenced by the sun that grew closer to the horizon with each passing moment- she motioned to it with her muzzle almost reluctantly. It's getting late... I think... probably I should head back to Sagtannet, now. She sighed, looking into his eyes to frame that photograph in her mind. 
you can fade w ur post!
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Her laughter was intoxicating and to see it lit up his world. He wasn't sure what about it made him feel in such away. Perhpas it was due to just how genuine it was or the fact that he had caused it. She went on to describe herself growing things and Howl allowed it, not wanting this back and forth to continue forever. "Perhaps your right." he said. But all he could think was that if anything were to grow off her it would blossom into a beauteous flower.

She motioned to the sky and this far into their conversation Howl had forgotten that he too had been in the middle of something. "Yeah. Safer to travel with light." he said. Wishing that wherever home was it wasn't too far. Her trip would be a lot safer during the day. "It was nice running into you again." he said. He left it as that though he couldn't help himself but to think about mentioning how he in fact didn't run into her.