Hushed Willows There's only one crown
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
All Welcome 
'Nother thread for other faeries <3 takes place before her fall out with Aoibh

The fae, as usual, was minding her own business. Loinnir was perched at the end of her spine, pruning her fur and removing some twigs that had gotten tangled in it. The feeling made her relax a little; temperatures were rising, and she couldn't wait to see the forest in bloom. She wondered who else was out and about on this early morning - it was time for her patrol, but she wanted some company.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Prob about time I toss her in here since everything is crazy rn <3

Bridget had spent the last few weeks wandering the mountains, but she'd grown tired of it.  Despite the beautiful views, the place was boring when there were only birds to challenge to races.  Stupid flighty things couldn't even pay attention long enough to make a solid try.   Anyway, she was over it, and now it was time to take Orlaith up on her offer.

It took her time to return to the place they'd met, and more still to trek the direction they'd chosen to meet.  She'd not expected to run across a pack in the process, but at the borders, there were a few scents the wolf recognized.  So she'd found more friends even!

Bridget sent up a howl for anyone who might hear, thrilled.  Okay, so long as this group wasn't as stuffy as the one she'd left, she'd get on fine here! And they'd be damn lucky to have her, hell yes.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae had just returned from a hunt, burying her catch in a new cache she'd found on her way to the heart of the territory. The sounds of dripping water surrounded her as the ice crystals lining the willow branches began to melt, creating an alluring melody that was hard to ignore. She could not decide on whether she'd liked the soft tinkling of the crystals being blown against each other in winter, or the more calming noises spring had brought with her more.

Loinnir couldn't care less about the noises of the forest, he was much too busy pruning himself vigorously after flying for a while as his mode of transportation was out hunting. He glared at her from under his wing. Oh yes, how dare I leave you to provide for our pack. She nodded sarcastically. One day you'll see that this exercise will be beneficial for your health - or do you want Lale to think you're fat? She poked, upsetting the bird further but eventually both gave up their bickering.

It was then she heard the call of a vaguely familiar voice, but Lumi could not place where she'd heard it before. Curiously, the fae fluttered to the borders to find the blonde coat of Bridget. It took her a while before she could put it all together - the cream accents, the unusual mask, the wing-like marking - but she got there in the end. Bridget? Is that you? She asked carefully, but with a warm smile.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She hadn't known the wolf who approached well, but as with many of the fae, her markings were distinctive enough to identify her on sight.  Bridget grinned.  Another familiar face, and apparently a claim in the making!  The one and only! she answered with a swing of her tail.  Hey! .... Lumiya, yeah?  What's goin down here?  She asked, glancing behind.  She was intrigued.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Lumi smiled at the comment of confirmation, glad to see another familiar face. The other was looking well, much like the other faeries she'd recruited along the way - she reminded the little Lumi of Orla, in the way she seemed so confident and comfortable in her own skin. Indeed — Some faerie folk and me are building a court here, not unlike the one you hail from. She informed chipper and proud of her achievements thus far. The others told me they were sent away, is that the case for you, too? She asked, again, carefully as to not cross a line somewhere.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Me? No, I left.  She replied quickly, as though the question were ridiculous.  Then she realized how that came off and continued.  The court was good, just... big.  And hard to grow in.  It was nicer than she usually would have been, and far kinder than she'd been around Orlaith.  She wasn't sure how Lumiya felt about the old court, though.

Is this looking to be the same? She asked, interested but wary.  Lumiya seemed pleasant, but Bridget had felt too confined and unheard in the old court.  Would it be the same here again?
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
It was nice to hear that Bridget had not suffered the same fate as the others, instead choosing departure herself. Lumi could understand why it must've been suffocating to live in such a large group of wolves, and with every year more would spawn. Their philosophies were too unique and peaceful to be lost in the heap of minds - the new queen hoped to keep them.

Well, I was hoping I would not have to send souls away due to overpopulation. She explained in a softer tone. Therefore stricter breeding rules shall apply here - as for the old court's philosophies and traditions, I'd like to keep them the same.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Hmmm. She said, as though needing to consider it.  Really, there was no question.  She was lonely and recapturing a piece of home without those who had made it worthwhile to leave was irresistible.  But her humor wouldn't let her just say it.

You'll be needing the best help you can get, I bet.  And I suppose that means I should stay.  She said it with a grin that clearly showed her hand; she was mostly joking.  Not about being one of the best, however.  She was a damn good worker and if they wanted to build a pack here, she had little doubt she could help.  Now to see if Lumiya felt the same.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The fae smirked ever so slightly - silently in awe of the other's confidence. She wished she had had that kind of confidence growing up, but at least she was getting better at not putting herself down too much. She was still too considerate and kind, but so far only her parents had proven it to be a wasteful endeavor.

Indeed - it means a lot to me that you are willing to help us. She replied sincerely. The golden female truly was an asset, even though she came with some spice. Hopefully she'd be less good at upsetting the young queen than Orlaith who had found a way to toe the line with her.
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Rad.  Bridget didn't worry overly much about fitting in.  She'd not been too many places where she hadn't, and Lumiya seemed nice enough.  Little stiff in her words, but she wasn't one to judge.  Maybe that was a leadership thing.

I'll get right to it.  Borders, hunting, all that jazz I assume? she asked, taking a couple steps and then pausing to let Lumiya take point.  She didn't really know where she was going, but she was amped to get started.  She'd pull her weight, but in the meantime, wouldn't be so bad to meet some of these new fairies she'd signed on with.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Fade with your post? Then I can add it to our list of forming threads :)

Lumi's formal attitude and manner of speaking came from her mother most likely - she'd yet to have a negative reaction towards it from someone else and therefore didn't know it was kind of... tiring sometimes. Now that she wasn't shunned for speaking out loud anymore, she did it quite a fair bit and it was even better knowing that others wanted to listen.

"Rad" was a word that wasn't included in her large dictionary, but she assumed it meant something similar to "cool" or "okay". She smiled. That would be lovely, but make sure you settle in well. I'd hate to have you overwork yourself. She advised sincerely, turning then to the forest expecting the fire faerie to follow. Perhaps a tour would suffice?
Brecheliant
Family
798 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Please!  She had little doubt she'd manage on her own, but it never hurt to get to know the lay of the land a little better.  Or the lay of the boss, she thought, watching Lumiya with earnest curiosity.  She'd heard mention of her, but they'd not shared in any real time at the previous court.  Now would be the time to change that.

She paused to let her lead the way, following as Lumiya showed her what was to be her new home.