Big Salmon Lake Sister, I'm not much a poet, but a criminal
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Private 
for @Praimfaya set tomorrow after he was at MSP

Leaving the wolves of Moonspear behind his thoughts went immediately to dinner. He had taken a good deal of time to pause on his journey back ending up clumsily fishing  because one salmon leaped right out and floundered on the shore for him to kill with ease. He had caught a second one after multiple failures ending in him falling in and  after much internal debate set it aside to bring home, knowing naturally pups meant more mouths to feed. Laying in a upright position he crunched through the scales, licking his maw happily proud of himself though it had gone embarrassingly bad. The breeze felt good though after a while began to chill his wet fur. Standing up he shook himself out and then resumed his meal, spacing out as he lay by the shore.
3/10 mastery
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
tags for reference! <3

while recognizing the logic behind hydra's rule of 'don't venture beyond moonspear's borders by yourself', her usual go-to goch op tag along was still healing from his wound and praimfaya will not bother him with accompanying her. she is confident enough in her abilities to keep herself alive; alas, she is a contradiction in that she is too much like blodreina and at the same time not like her at all ...and she never strays too far. she remains within howling distance and close enough that her scent trail is fresh to any that might trail her should they worry.

she looks for something to hunt to take to @Dacio while he recovers though her interest in hunting does not extend beyond simple gifts and keeping herself alive. though she feels she is safe enough within a neighboring region of the spear that looms like an ever present sentinel at her back, praimfaya keeps a keen eye surveying her surroundings and uses her acute hearing to keep herself aware.

it is as she nears the shore that she hears the splice of teeth thru scales and fishmeat; the crunch of hollow bones. she continues forward; cautious, frostbound gaze studying the agouti earthen colored boy ( around her age, perhaps ) that dines. for a moment she considers passing by but at last moment lets out a chuff to garner his attention instead.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The chuff came as he took a particularly big chomp from the fish, ears shooting up though he took a moment pausing and turning slightly to breathe in the scent of her as he swallowed and licked his lips clean. Confirming it was a girl and noticing the moonspear scent he turned to give her a cool but curious glance before rising to give respect "Evening" he greeted her, pitch rising questioningly at the end as he gave her a curious once over. She didn't look like someone who was too weak though she lacked the warrior's muscle that Hela had. Unaware that he could potentially be called rude he continued to study her unabashed while waiting for a reason she had called to him, tail giving a single wag behind him to display his lack of menace.
3/10 mastery
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
evening, the stranger greets her.

while he, himself, is an unknown to the commander, his scent is not. she recognizes it as nightwalker from the several times she's run into them and theirs in the past ...though this is the first since the downfall of roangeda that she has crossed paths with one of theirs. she thought they had dissolved away as roangeda has; a memory. she is neutral about how she feels on being wrong. unlike with moonspear, she'd never gotten around to solidifying any kind of alliance with them prior to roangeda's fall.

for a moment, praimfaya considers stating what she knows to be obvious for the both of them: that he is a nightwalker; but doesn't. evening. she offers in return. how's the fishing? she inquires in a 'how are the fish biting' way, inclining her muzzle towards the lake after her frostbound gaze swept over his small bounty.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
but she stared like Hela.

It was like a familiar game and Valour stood taller his gaze becoming direct as she returned the greeting, inquiring about the fish with that cool stare. He smiled with ease no real emotion behind it though he gave a wag of his tail. He had absolutely no idea why the pale girl was being so cool toward him but it was fun to rise to the challenge of maintaining calm during it. "fairly well. The first jumped itself on the shore. You guys have dinner handing itself to you so I caught extra to bring home" he wanted to see what she would say to it, eyes glimmering with mischief as he witheld the information about the pups. There had to be a reason she mistrusted him and he was curious as to why it was. "My name is Valour" he introduced himself with a bow of his head after a pause deciding it was probably best not to come across to badly to an ally even if they were the same age.
3/10 mastery
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
unable to help herself as the mental image of a fish consigning to it's own death by jumping upon the shore; praimfaya laughs. its both amusing and a bit hard to imagine ...but she hasn't paid much attention to aquatic life enough to know that salmon had a knack for jumping. that almost sounds like cheating, praimfaya muses, a teasing lilt to her tone. any prey she's ever caught had either put up a fight or had given her a valiant chase. but i suppose easy food is easy food. she murmurs with a rise and fall of her shoulders in a shrug. for a moment, her gaze moves to skim the surface of the lake before it flickers back to him.

the nightwalker introduces himself as valour and offers her a slight bow of his head. an appreciated gesture to the wanheda. praimfaya. she offers her own name in return, sans the titles. in this moment they would feel superficial. is it the fish that brings you this far north-west, or something else? she inquires, subtly letting on that she's well aware of what pack he's from. her curiosity is not malicious but just because roangeda has fallen does not mean she isn't interested in the politics of the wilderness ...even if they do not precisely pertain to her as hydra's subordinate.

she might be a subordinate of the spear but she is still wanheda to her people and commander of the kongeda besides.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The sound of laughter filled the air and he slowly blinked, startled for a moment by the reaction. Honestly he didn't think he had ever made anyone laugh but he liked it he decided as his own lips curled into a humorous grin tail wagging behind him "It basically asked me to taste it. Couldn't say no" he joked and then cleared his throat looking away, unsure where to go from here. It was odd to realise how little normal conversation he had ever had, ones where being vicious and vile weren't needed to get by. He didn't know anyone who wasn't a Nightwalker or from Moonspear, he didn't have friends because Vengeance taught him they weren't necessary or allowed. Before he delved too deep into his thoughts she gave her name, a pretty one at that and asked him of his business in the area. "I was at Moonspear earlier speaking with Hydra. Nightwalkers is allied with you guys" he answered "You're from Moonspear right? Good place?"  he asked her trying to keep the conversation as positive as he could. With Hydra in the lead he imagined Moonspear would be a strong pack, the woman radiated power even more than Vengeance had. 

I'm sorry my writing is terribly rusty
3/10 mastery
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
psh, your writing is fine! <3

saying no would be rude if it asked you to eat it. begged, perhaps, she adds mentally. there was no denying that a fish jumping onto the shore was either an extremely unfortunate accident or suicidal; there was literally no other way she could think to spin it. maybe i'll be as fortunate as you. she remarks in a thoughtful hum, gaze flickering to the lake and back again once more. even if she wasn't she doesn't intend to return to moonspear empty jawed. she set out with the desire to catch something for dacio — and she would see it done.

i'm aware, praimfaya assures him with a soft shrug of her shoulders. i am with moonspear now, yes. i lead roangeda before its fall. inevitable really, with a child at its helm — despite that she had dacio's help. i never got the chance to speak to nightwalker's leader before i forced the disbandment. it had been the spirits of the commanders, telling her she had not yet earned the right to call herself a heda.

she has won her conclave, though, and she feels that in time, the next iteration will not fail. it is strong. and that, praimfaya thinks, is why she likes it.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It was new that found himself nearly smiling at her response feeling a playful sort of air come over him his tail swaying at his ankles. As she toyed with the idea of repeating his 'luck' he did laugh quickly before uttering a humorous "perhaps" as if taunting her to go ahead while remembering his many clumsy attempts. It was funny for a few moments to imagine her falling into the water before he wondered if that was good with her being a girl. The only other girls he'd seen were a weak little stray and Hela, if this girl fell would she get hurt? As Praimfaya spoke he began to wonder at what kind of girl this one was, not understanding what she was talking about by Roangeda but impressed immediately by her declaration of leadership. He studied her intently taking a more confident stance "I don't know of Roangeda, But the old Warlord is dead. Me and my friend claimed the lead, we're trying to change things up there hence my visit" the declaration wasn't true, not yet but she wouldn't know nor would Hydra think any different with his coming to her of his own accord to declare the Nightwalkers good intentions and leaving with his show of respect. His posture was loose and relaxed his tail slightly curled up "I'd like to hear how you lead" it was made as direct request, his eyes keen on hers seeing if she would actually grant grant him the knowledge. It was really interesting to meet another young ruler, even if her pack had fallen. His expression gentled "I'm sorry it ended" he said in a softer tone his tail ending up slowly sliding back down as he felt bad, genuine sympathy for the first time in a while. If Nightwalkers fell he would be absolutely lost. She seemed to accept his condolences and moved toward the water. He assumed she was going to hunt and explained he had to return home, picking up the extra fish and carrying it with him to bring to Serem.
3/10 mastery