Northstar Vale "You were never on my side"
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
Private 

The vale was gorgeous, and Yuudai had spent the last few days — weeks — exploring the place that was destined to become his new home. Their new home. This morning had found him trailing through the territory, lavender gaze pausing on the blooming vegetation. Spring was well and surely underway. Yuudai’s favorite season.

A small smile graced his lips as he paused, a group of daffodil’s blooming bright yellow stopped his path. He dipped his head, gently nudging the vivid flower with his nose. His head bent toward the ground, Yuudai caught not only the scent of the blossom but also of his Empress. Surprised by what was processing, Yuu subconsciously ventured toward the smell. @Reiko?” He called softly, knowing her keen ears would hear his subtle voice.
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Blossoms were slowly rising from their slumber, now that snow no longer encased them into frozen earth, the greenery began to poke out of the soil and some of the early bloomers were already showing their brilliant colors. Of course, daffodils were the first to come and welcome empress to their new home, their bright yellows as beautiful as ever. Soon enough the cherry blossoms would follow and Reiko would be the first to witness their magnificence.

She was enjoying the blossoms, yellows, and blues as the early blossoms speckled the ground in the waking vegetation - but as she heard her name sounded in a familiar voice, her heart lept into her chest. She had always had feelings for Yuudai and Hiromi, however, recently with her first heat, the feelings she had for Yuudai were stronger than ever. It brought her fear, excitement, yearning, and lust - to the point where the empress simply couldn't keep her mind clear.

Stepping forward toward where the soft voice came from, she padded forward. Softly, gingerly, as if she was hesitant on finding him but simply couldn't help the pull she felt. Yes, Yuu? Her own voice was just as soft, uncertain of her motivations.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

As he drew closer, he slowly realized the predicament the imperial woman was in. It wasn’t the first time he had encountered a female in heat. Being a year her senior Yuudai had seen it before. The coy smiles and the undeniable draw. His mother had never looked at anyone romantically in his whole life but disappeared for a few days during spring. When he was younger, he had been left under the supervision of the King, until she returned. And he himself, once he was of age, had never looked at anyone in such a way before. There were only two women in his whole life who held his heart, and he would be honored to sire children by. And one happened to be standing before him.

Swallowing slowly Yuudai took another step forward. “Are you alright?” Yuudai would never want to hurt her, but he also knew there was only so long he could ward off his desires. So with his hesitant steps he stopped, rigidly in place.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It was as if the strings of fate themselves, summoning the two and drawing them in closer and closer to one another. The two were slowly approaching, curious and cautious as two uncertain teenagers thrust into a romantic novel. 

As the samurai came into her line of sight, all she could do was try to steady her heart and breathing. Nerves gave her butterflies, as well as a pair of wobbly legs that barely wanted to function. Even now the thought of her parents loomed over her. Their traditions. Their beliefs. Her betrothal to Takeshi.

Would they be upset from beyond the grave? Yuudai and her weren't even a couple, and yet these feelings she simply couldn't deny. It was the same for Hiromi, but today, her focus was on the man standing in front of her. Could she turn a blind eye to her parent's final wish, the arranged marriage and follow her heart? Her own selfish desires? Y-yes. The word caught in her throat.

Are you? I mean... You called out for me after all. Lightly she teased, trying to alleviate the moment the only way she knew how.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

He head hadn’t he. His gaze fell quickly to the forest floor, a blush forming beneath his fur. This is why socializing was overrated. “I suppose I did didn’t I.” He figured there was really only one way to try and avoid any awkwardness on his part, and that was through work/duty.

“The umm…borders are coming along nicely. I was just finishing my morning patrol, nothing seems out of the ordinary.” Yuudai provided a very cursory morning report, just as he often did with the King and his mother while she had still been alive. Or rather when they had both been alive. “I was going to check in with Vespera later today, I know she has been working hard to help claim the territory.”

Yuu had also thought it time to speak with Takeshi. No mater how much he wished to avoid the man, the greater good of the pack was more important than some petty rivalry. His jaw opened to say as much, when he realized their predicament. He shut his jaw firmly, clenching his jaw. “I see Takeshi has arrived.” There was only one person that could invoke such jealousy and anger in the normally calm and collected samurai, and that was Takeshi. Reiko’s betrothed.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
There was a soft sway in her tail as it slowly swished from left to right, waiting, anticipating his answer. There was no stopping her fluttering heart, hoping dearly that he felt the same as she did - and he spoke about the borders instead. Mild disappointment flashed across her face as her tail dropped slowly behind her.

That's fantastic news- Forcing a smile onto her lips, she tried to keep face despite the feeling. Always so professional, stoic, at arm's length emotionally. Thank you for all your hard work. But she didn't want the professional, the man who only saw a princess to protect, did she?

But would that ruin their friendship if things failed? If Yuudai didn't feel the same for Reiko as she did for him? That alone kept her from moving in, for testing their relationship further herself by being brave - she cherished what they had already too much.

Then the topic of Takeshi came up again, and her mood dropped further. Tail falling flat and limp, ears softly turning away while her own gaze fell to the trees on the wayside rather than deeply looking at Yuudai. Yes. The word was barely audible as she herself barely wanted to say it. He followed yours and Hiromi's trail, I found him not too far where we reunited... or rather, he found me.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

The ultimate failure that dropped in his chest at her words nearly drove Yuudai to turn around and leave. He had led Takeshi here. He had lead the man he so detested straight to the girl of his dreams, and ruined any chance he might have had. Of the silent daydreams that lingered on his mind. “Rei… I…” The words started to tumble before he could stop himself, as he again subconsciously stepped toward her. His eyes coming to linger on hers. But he stopped himself. Breath caught in his chest, as he stood longingly in front of her.

“Are you going to stay with him?” Yuu changed tactic once again. To noble, and to loyal to act on the feelings that were surging in his chest. If only he had confessed sooner. But it was to late now. Now she was no longer free… right?
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Even as Yuudai fumbled for words, she couldn't look at him. Not now, not as she was trying to keep face in front of him. Gently seating herself, tail wrapping around her toes with a gradual curl, all in the attempt to keep her legs from shaking. Despite it all, she couldn't ignore the feeling that kept bubbling up - through the sorrow of Takeshi's presence, the longing that would not be satisfied, there was no ignoring how she truly felt. 

There has been no conversation about it as of yet. As far as I know, we are just friends. Even friends was a strained definition for them, pack mates and only that would be more fitting but cold to admit. Her tone was flat, uninspired. It was like every time Takeshi was in conversation it felt like he was looming somewhere nearby, stealing the happiness she felt. I'd like for it to stay that way. She admitted with ease, perhaps the easiest words she managed to say as of late.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

He wasn’t sure what that meant for him. For the chemistry that he hoped was mutual. He didn’t want to look at her, but he found he couldn’t stop himself. She avoided his gaze, but Yuudai dared to pry. Dared to stare her down. “I—Reiko…” But again he couldn’t do it.

“I’d like it to stay that way as well, highness.” He dipped his head to the side. Once again standing the straighter, more ridged. “He’s not right for you.” His opinion was voice, but no alternative was offered. He wouldn’t dare hope that she would ever consider him to be a worthy suitor.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
As he tried to continue his thought again, she couldn't help but shift her view to him. For a brief moment, bright cyan met with soft lavender. His gaze was sharp, demanding, prying, and she felt vulnerable. Ears flattened against her skull as for now she felt like a deer in headlights, uncertain of what to do next to avoid the inevitable. 

You're not the first to tell me so. But her parents thought he was. Believed his parents were well off enough that he might follow in their footsteps. But who was right for her? Hiromi? Ibis was pretty cute too... Yuudai most of all stood out of the crowd lately. Both mind and body screaming for a child, for a family, for someone to stand by her side and help run the pack as a team. To keep them all safe. 

Defeated by her own thoughts, the Empress' shoulders dropped as a sigh fluttered free from pale lips. He and Hime would have been a match made in heaven, I always thought they should have been paired off. And away from here, freeing her from these shackles he forced back onto her.
Healing (2/6)

158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana

Uncharacteristic snort was her reply, “A true power couple.” He added. Because of course they would be. Hime and Takeshi. “Although I think a match made in hell is more appropriate.” Yuudai wasn’t usually so outspoken about the other princess, but after the carnage that was his and Hiromi’s leaving, Yuudai held a deep-seated anger toward the woman made Queen.

Yuudai wasn’t sure what gave him the courage or the strength to try and try again, but took a deliberate step forward. Encroaching on the seated Empress’ space. “I’ll always protect you Reiko. Even from him.”If necessary. His mind supplied. He scent grew stronger the closer he got, and it wouldn’t be long before he could no longer turn away.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
A gentle chuckle broke free at his thought, yes, perhaps it was best for everyone that Hime and Takeshi were not what her parents originally plotted. Lord knows what would come from it if they truly did combine their cunning and power over others. You aren't often this outspoken Yuu, you must be pretty passionate about it. There was nothing wrong with it, it was refreshing really, to see Yuuai in a new light. 

I hope you keep to that. She teased half-heartedly, though there was only so much Yuudai could do against a promise made by her parents long ago, she could only hope he would always be watchful. The closer Yuudai got the stronger the pull she felt as well, not wanting to part ways, Reiko equally didn't want to approach just yet either in fear of not being able to fix or turn back on what would transpire. 

Instead, she let him find a comfortable spot while she stood her ground... appreciating the samurai from a distance, every curve of his muscle and angle of his face. He certainly grew to be a handsome man.
Healing (2/6)