Whitebark Stream And so it begins
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
All Welcome 
There was new life in the pack. And a new life for herself, too. 
She was dissapointed in the fact that her own genes were not among the new generation, but- she had resigned herself to the fact that she was young, and had plenty of time for that. Even if it wasn't with Aiolos, or with the Spaniard... although to be fair she really hoped it was with the Spaniard. She was planning to wait a bit longer to check the pups, allow them to bond with their mothers before she performed her duties as healer. She still wasn't entirely sure there wasn't a healer already- Though they hadn't met. The healing den now held the sulfur, which, when soaked in water produced a bath that cured SkinRot and could treat IllWater as well.
Loner
186 Posts
Ooc — mercury
he had spent much time exploring the ins and outs of his new home—that was weird to think about. his new home. he had never thought of a place beyond his family's land as 'home,' and even this territory hadn't reached that lofty place in his heart. still, he figured that if he was here for the foreseeable future, it was home, and thus he should know it somewhat well.

surya was moving past one of the dens when he noticed movement inside, and came closer, intrigued. it was not artyom's mate and her pups, nor the other whelping mother. . . no, this wolf was alone, and as he stuck his nose inside with a chuff, his nostrils found the smell of. . .herbs?

what are you doing? the yearling inquired, chipper and curious and completely oblivious to any emotional strife the woman might be facing that present moment.
english | hindi
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She was startled from her focus on the herbs in front of her and turned, a clump of leaves falling from her maw. 
"Oh. Hello. I'm Aphrodite, the healer! I was just sorting these herbs." She wanted to babble on about each one and what they did but managed to curb her enthusiasm, though her tail developed a life of its own and flopped about excitedly. So excitedly, in fact, she knocked over a stack of dried flowers. "Oops...damn tail."
Loner
186 Posts
Ooc — mercury
the healer. surya cocked his head, quite intrigued. he chuckled lightly as her tail sent a stack of plants to the ground, though there was no cruelty in his laughter, only a shared sense of levity. she was pretty, after all, and he wasn't in the habit of making fun of pretty girls.

what kind of herbs? he asked, entering the den with careful steps and observing aphrodite's stores. he had been staring at the flowers for a long moment before remembering his manners, looking up and adding sheepishly, oh—i'm surya. i am new here.

there hadn't really been a dedicated healer in nitya-mata, only wolves with some knowledge of plants and their properties. for his part, surya knew nothing. but he was willing to learn. . .especially from an enthusiastic teacher.
english | hindi
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
He was handsome, she decided, and as a yearling it was already apparent he would fill out to be a fine looking wolf. She didn't feel the same desperation as before though, with Aiolos or Santiago.. and it made her wonder if her frenzy was simply a result of hormones. 
He showed a genuine interest in her trade, and she smiled. "Oh, all sorts of things. Milkflower to calm nerve, Whistle tree bark for stomach ailments..." She gestures to various piles of dried green and brown things. In a hollow buried under grass she kept a hidden stash. "Red Fairy, deadly if you eat too much, but makes you see spirits. Meadow Witch, extremely calming but addictive in some wolves. Skunk lettuce, sometimes calming, sometimes energizing, sometimes makes you see or hear things." 
He introduces himself and she is captivated by the sound. "I came a few months ago. It's a pleasure to meet you."
Loner
186 Posts
Ooc — mercury
his eyes widened slightly as she began to go through her apparent trove of knowledge, listing names of herbs he'd never heard of in his life. surya tried to keep them all in mind, but when he stared at the flowers, all he saw was. . .plants. how do you tell them all apart? he blurted, shaking his head in disbelief. they all look the same to me.

it was impressive, really. brute strength and swift paws were one thing—that seemed to come naturally to an apex predator. but to remember all this? it took skill he couldn't dream of.

the pleasure is mine, surya replied nobly, grinning. it appears you've settled in well. she was a year or so older than him, and more worldly by far. there was a high probability of the young man making an arse of himself. . .but he'd recover. he always did, right?
english | hindi
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She giggled softly at his bewilderment, and if a wolf could blush she probably would. 
"I found a need and filled it. And is it...really...all yours? The pleasure, I mean?" She looked up at him through her big blue eyes, arching her neck demurely. 
"Here. Let me show you." 
She scooted aside, vaguely aware of the implications of inviting a strange male into her den. Her pelt brushed his as he moved closer, and she smiled up at him, captivating blue eyes meeting his own. "See...they smell different. And there's subtle difference between the shape of them." 

She gestured to two piles, pointing out the difference. "Where I am from, It was a sacred art. I studied for hours under my mother..." 
He
Loner
186 Posts
Ooc — mercury
oh, she was cheeky. surya ducked his head, looking mock-bashful as she became all soft and demure. dutifully, he followed her lead, bringing his nose down to smell. well. . .i suppose you're right, he murmured, breath stirring the leaves slightly as he spoke. the shape was a little lost on him, but the scents between them did have different notes.

aphrodite mentioned her mother, and he felt the now-familiar twist of his stomach as he thought of his own dam, though it passed quickly enough. that is good that she taught you, surya replied, smiling. someone has to know all this. my parents were hunters, mainly, and scouts.

and what of your real father? he cast the errant thought aside, slightly perturbed that it had popped up in the first place.
english | hindi