Wheeling Gull Isle Put my finger on the spot
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Joining 

She knew it would not be long until her sister returned home. Only hours before they'd argued, and now she stood at the edge of the coast, staring out across the land bridge with pointed seaglass eyes, knowing she'd arrive soon. And considering the scent that had been so fresh on her pelt, she figured Fengmian would soon show too. Huā fully intended to greet them in whatever way necessary, and prayed the interaction would be nice enough to help clean up the tension between her and her sister. She could only hope.
it took longer to get to the island than he would have thought.  the rest of the pair's travels went as smoothly as they could've, yet the cold seemed to fight them every step of the way.

he had an immediate and distinct disdain for the land-bridge, and the bottlenecked structure of the island.  he did not voice these concerns.

unsure of how formal he was supposed to be and somewhat-sure of the kind of empress that huazhen was from what ying had told him, he carried his shoulders high but his head low, tail sweeping against his hocks before it stilled.

huazhen.
FENGMIAN IS ASSUMED TO SPEAK MANDARIN AROUND THOSE WHO SPEAK IT
nothing in life is to be feared,
it is only to be understood.
857 Posts
Ooc — nami
cameo unless acknowledged

Remembering their recent confrontation, she kept a short distance between herself and her sister. She lingered just behind Feng; when he stopped and greeted the Empress, she turned her eyes away. Silent, Ying watched as their introductions continued.
[ hover for translations ]
sequoia coast · open for threads (3/5)
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
speaking chinese im just lazy

Fengmian. She responded dryly, cool gaze moving over him, unimpressed, and then up to Ying. She gazed at her sister lazily for only a moment, but was content to offer nothing to her. 

What do you want? I'm guessing you're one of Ying's "army". Why are you here? She inquired, tone not especially rude despite her words. No longer could she accept every washed-up manwhore that Ying would try to bring home. She was sure this boy was one of her minions. They had been accquantinces- once- but all those from before the incident no longer were close to her, and each would have to prove themselves to her again. Fengmian was no different.
the fur along the edge of his spine ripples, though he contains the rest of his prickling.  he did not expect to be greeted so coolly, with such accusation!

did we not grow up together, huazhen?  did you not leave me alone, without a word or second thought?  he tilts his head to the side, eyes sharp as the tongue he is holding back.  ying told me that the jiangs had settled here, and i —

his mouth clicks shut.  there is a pause before he continues again, and there is less indignance and accusation in his tone.  everyone just left, he says finally, and i wanted to see them again.  whatever frustration had fizzled out rekinled again as he tacked on, i wanted to see you again, too.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Her eyes narrow further at his words. Had she known the thoughts in his head, she would've cast him away immediately; who was he to question her leave? Did he think their once-friendship was more important than her freedom? It was unlikely that he would be one of the ones who knew nothing of the sisters' slavery; one would have to be as reclusive as Ruò to have never known. 

Lucky for Fengmian, Huā could not read his thoughts. 

Instead she lashes her tail back and forth once, gazing at him with cold blue fire. Giving in, she tells him, I wanted to see you too. But it's been a long time, and things are different now. I don't know you in the way I once did... you will have to regain my trust. Everything is different since we left the south... She sighs, gazing out past him to the mainland for a moment. 

Her gaze turns back to Fengmian, If I am cold, it's because I'm careful. Don't take it personally... you are welcome to stay with Yuèlóng. For however long it suits you.
fengmian did not know of their slavery, mostly because his player didn't know it was something he was supposed to know (and because it's juicier if he doesn't).  

she says that everything is different now that they've left the south, but immediately follows it with the fact that fengmian is nothing here.  he is nobody.  whatever fondness he thought he'd be met with — she had news for him!  sorely mistaken.

i see.  the line of his lip is flat.  huazhen is lucky that he fengmian can't read thoughts either: to think that the sisters were the only ones who'd been dealt a bad hand in life was not only foolish, but selfish, too.  

thank you, huazhen.  it is all he says; he has no polite words left for this sister.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
She could feel the cold radiating off of Fengmian in waves; it was clear he was unhappy with the way she treated him. But at this point in time she could feel no remorse. She would deal with situations in the way she desired- she was empress, after all- and if he couldn't put up with it, she would send him elsewhere in due time. There was little room here for those who crossed Huā- and with that thought she pays a glance beyond Fengmian to Ying. Gears turned in her head, but she was silent- she had nothing left to say either. She turned away from Ying and her pawn then, heading towards her cave to ponder.