Whitebark Stream My whole life I felt like a burden; I think too much and I hate it.
Moonglow
Zeta
378 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
Her father was back and it felt like the young female was just waiting for him to disappear again just like everyone else in her life had done in the past. Yes she had her mother closer in spirt but it didn't stop her from feeling the sadness every time she looked upon her mothers new grave. Many days she spent laying near it. She wanted to be happy but it just seemed so damn difficult.

Minnow had caught a rabbit earlier that day and had saved it as gift for her aunt. She had heard of the arrival of the new young and she lingered outside the entrance of the den. "H...hello?" The smell of milk and afterbirth filled her senses and she waited outside.

@Artyom
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It was rare that Dawn ventured from the whelping burrow, and she never did so for long. The sterling Alphess had slipped away earlier to quench her thirst and stretch her stiffened limbs, leaving Artyom to hover protectively over their young brood.

He talked to them often in his mother ttongue, despite knowing that they could not yet understand him. He recalled how his parents had reared their second litter, his younger sisters, by communicating regularly in both so that they grew up fluently bi-lingual. They'd brought him up in the same way, Artyom supposed, and he wished for his own children to learn too.

On hearing the sound if approaching paws, the pale leader quieted. He pricked an ear and listened quietly, nose working toward the hollow's entrance for any suggestion of who might be close by, and let himself relax at the sound of a familiar voice. "Minnow," he called to his niece softly, "come and meet your new little cousins."

Moonglow
Zeta
378 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She hadn't really expected anyone to answer and would of ran off if it wasn't for him. "I..I brought food." She said simply before he asked her to come see her cousins. The young wolf walked calmly into the den and saw the little things and it was surreal to think that she was that small once. "Their adorable." She looked upon them and smiled.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
"Dawn's not here right now," he responded to the girl's announcement of having brought an offering of food, and shot her an encouraging smile as she ducked her head to enter the den. "She will be back soon, I'm sure."

Minnow's gaze swept over the four newborns bundled together in the nest their mother had made for them, cooing and mewling as they nosed around at one another. Her observation earned a proud sweep of Artyom's ivory tail and, moving in closer, he hovered over each pup's downy back while he introduced them: "this is Storm, Frost, Juniper..." he poked the fourth gently with his nose. "And Winter."

Moonglow
Zeta
378 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She watched over the little things as they squirmed around on the floor. As much as the girl wanted to be happy for them, she hoped they wouldn't have to go through half the things she had in her youngest days. She made a mental note of all their names so that when they got older she'd be able to tell them apart.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Minnow fell silent, and the gilded leader's earthen gaze drifted from the cubs to look upon her with quiet concern. He wasn't sure what he expected from her - that the babies might bring her forth from the rut she'd recently found herself in, perhaps. Seeing them grow and her playing a vital part in raising them as their big cousin was something he hoped she might find happiness in.

He consided asking how she'd been doing, if she'd had a chance to better acquaint herself with her newly-returned father, but he felt a little fearful to know the answer. Artyom could be a good listener should the need arise, but he was no counsellor - especially for teens with daddy issues. So instead he offered a warm smile of encouragement and settled to the ground, sweeping his tongue over the Juniper's brow as she piped up in a soft mewl.

"You'll stay a while?" Artyom asked gently, "I'm sure your aunt would love to see you."

She would not, unfortunately, and her visit was a short one. Artyom stared at the empty space that Minnow left in her hasty departure and breathed a sigh with the wish that he could ease whatever pain she felt.