Moonspear be sure to treasure it
inhale the stars, exhale fire
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
All Welcome 
A morning of steady sleet had confined the roving Antares largely to the thickest stretches of the forests. From there, he kept his watch and freshed up some scents he passed over--mainly just nosing about. He stayed determined to move around despite this, so by afternoon, when it was still a chilly rain, annoyance was setting in. Everything was damp, him included.

As he went roving along with no set directive, Antares eventually hung back for a pause long enough to shake out his coat again and consider; maybe, if he really squinted, the rain was starting to let up. He lingered thoughtfully, watching the woods around him and wishing he could get a good trail on his uncles--either Arcturus' return to help put them all at ease over that matter or Jarilo resurfacing from the heights, whatever he was up to lately. It wasn't ranging out or training with him, or even giving him a good lead to shadow after, so he supposed it hardly concerned him. He would just keep watch for any sign of them, one way or another, as the afternoon hours spanned.

Dipping down his head and slinking off after a vague trail of scent, he decided to move on again--off to another stretch of their lowlands that may as well be worth a check for anything of interest on this dreary, gray day.
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Delicately, the dark Ostrega was returning to his routine proper--trying, at least. Things had been different for him lately. Not bad, but very different and in all sorts of ways that kept him busy in many ways that he was not experienced in. He was new at this, so just going with the flow, and doing what seemed to feel right to him.. which had been keeping away with his new wife, prowling, hunting, and romping with her while ensuring that they made good use of the time together--seeing to it that Moonspear's springtime boon may expand by a few more, if they would perhaps have their part in it. He he had done what he could, anyway--not at all complaining about where he had been, and what had busied his time lately.

But back among the pack in full, he was putting some of the first distance between them and even now, he was all hung up on the thought of her and what he could maybe hunt to bring back later. The poorly weather wasn't helping, and while he still hoped it would clear some soon, he set to skimming the woods. It let him begin to find fresh trail on Antares.

Slipping into his quietest footsteps, he stalked after the youth's trail and when he spied dark fur, he chuffed at him to reveal his approach with a slowly-spreading smirk.
gonna be gratuitous here for myself since it was open still and i can do backdated stuff for the both of them. don't mind me for a minute.....
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
The shadow felt eyes on him, first, and pivoted second to find his uncle suddenly appearing from the woods nearby. Since he had not been able to find him lately, the young Ostrega was sure some surprise flitted across his features to be found by Jarilo instead, but he settled quickly. He chuffed back. I wondered where you were, he said quietly, and lurked closer to find a spot beside him to plant himself in his business for now.

Antares had nothing better to do for the moment, and his navy squint searched Jarilo's expression, then the rest of him quite openly where he only seemed to find more questions to slog through. He didn't ask yet, but the look he offered spoke its volumes.
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Jarilo's look remained with a hint of mischief, especially at the near-yearling's tiniest bit of surprise he saw then--since indeed, it was far more difficult to sneak on any of the cubs these days, but he chalked this up to a job well down by all of their respective teachers. Mhm, I've been keeping busy, he replied, a verbal wave of a hand at the subject at large, despite the questions he saw beaming at him in silence. Not about to get into the nuances of what exactly he had been doing... Kukutux and I are mates, now, he revealed, careful not to toe into too much detail for the younger Ostrega but supposing a simple explanation like that one should suffice. And I know you didn't really need any more aunts, but she is one now too thanks to this, he added along with a nod and a glint of his toothtips beneath a grin, letting Antares take it or not.

Before much else could come to be, however, he sought to move the conversation right along. We should find your brothers and sister, how about a hunt? he baited, tail swishing, for he kept the subject rolling before the dark boy could forge his questions. I want to bring her something good.. and I bet your mom would appreciate it too if we get lucky. I'm thinking you all are some of the best help I know how to find, he goaded, then reached to brush shoulders with the dark boy. He looked to him encouragingly, hopeful, before he set off towards his best bet on finding what he wanted.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
330 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Antares, eager to find out whatever he could, was easily all ears but he was sure to keep his suspicious squint on full display--even in the face of more details as they came forward. Noted, however, and he figured that probably meant he ought to get to know Kukutux a bit better all things considered. He didn't have a lot to remark on about that, despite the thoughtful glance he spared, before he found a whole knew focus.

Far more interesting to him presently than additions to their family tree was the prospect of something to put good energy towards. Very welcoming for a distraction with good chance of payoff, he stepped lightly after his uncle and swung up his tailtip when the first flicks of thrill towards what could come found him; there would be no objections today. I saw Vega not long ago, and Atlas shouldn't be hard to find, he reasoned, hopeful that between them both they could finish the group and find Osiris too, before he too set off towards their newly-christened goal.