Razorback Ridge Something Quicker Than Heaven
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
All Welcome 
Had he known the climb up and down the mountains would have been so tiresome he might not have headed in that particular direction. While evidently powerful he wasn't necessarily built for the long term. Endurance wasn't his God given gift. A sigh fell from black lips and with ever slowing movements he eventually found himself at a complete stop. Eyes turned over the lands that rolled from beneath where he stood and he couldn't help but to find everything particularly breathtaking. 

He was mostly impressed with what he had observed thus far. There didn't seem to be many locals that were in his way--of course, he had made it a bit of a habit to avoid what smelled like populated areas. Not for fear of anything in particular. It was simply that he was taught to throw caution to the wind and never throw the first blow. Pack wolves had a tendency to be particularly nervous when a vagabond traversed too close to their territory. A particular crime he wouldn't be caught guilty of any time soon. He did need to find his own kind soon and hope they weren't too wary of him. 

Ears fell back on his head in mild annoyance. It was frustrating to go from a group to an individual. Odd to not be apart of the system that was literally a part of his DNA. He fell back into a sitting position. It was easy to relax in the evening sunlight--a gentle breeze ruffled his fur and for a little bit he fell into an easy peace.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 

taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Back to the ridge where they had originally lair their eyes on the Vale of which they now call home, the overlook was even more breathtaking now that she knew what laid below. From up here the newly crowned Empress couldn't help but wonder what everyone was doing down below?

Even now she remained vigilant for the missing Sarah, choosing to look around the ridge in hopes of finding a trail left behind by the Queen's aunt. Nothing. Not even a small whiff of the woman was left behind, it was like she vanished in thin air after Emberwood. Something she would keep to herself in fear of dredging up some negative thoughts of the young Queen - it was better now to be surrounded by nothing but good news than anything reminding her of lost loved ones.

With not even sign to point her in the right direction, the Empress was beginning to journey back into the Vale. Even now she didn't like being away from the borders for long, not without guards to come and assist her should things turn sour out in the neutral lands. Thankfully both Kaistleoki and Empire wolves were but a call away - and that is what kept her from running and hiding at the sight of the greyscale stranger. 

He was large and clearly muscular. Keeping at a safe distance, she let out a soft chuff to announce her presence. At the ready, her muscles were coiled and prepared to leap into action if necessary, to swiftly carry her to either border should this man not be of the friendly type. Maybe he might have come across Ibis' aunt... it was worth to ask if he turned out to be friendly enough to chat with.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
As it would happen his attention would be drawn towards the end of the breeze. His nose wrinkling at the scent of another. He turned his head to face the direction it descended from and it wouldn't be much longer before the it turned into a she and with a clean echo she announced herself. He observed her with careful eyes--so as not to alarm her. 

His eyes swept her body and noted that while she was poised and ready to run (albeit he had no means of catching up to her) she didn't appear threatening. She wasn't set to lunge towards him but away. His head lowered towards her in an eased greeting and his ears pressed to his head. It wasn't a show of submission, but it was an attempt to ease any fears she could have. After all--there were terrible men out there masquerading as someone much like himself. 

"Hello," His lips turned upwards into a gentle smile and he decided to raise his head and lift his ears. He had made quite the attempt to look gentle and if she chose to not see that and go else where there would be nothing lost and nothing gained, "How are you, miss?" His voice was classic, smooth, and warm. He was clear and proper in his words as always he had been.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Certain she could outrun him if push comes to shove, she kept a neutral expression for now. No fear or excitement in meeting someone new, she would let him chose how their first encounter would go. 

While she waited for a response from him, carefully the Empress watched him with a careful glance. Silently judging every movement he made and expression, studying the tall man for any ill will that might filter through his mask. She had a pack now to take care of, individuals who trusted her not to abandon them as others have, she couldn't risk anything for a mild possibility of finding someone who had been lost over a month ago. 

Behind her the woman's tail swayed happily as his actions soothed her nerves, bringing a smile to her face as she perked up from her position. Hello~ She echoed happily. I'm doing well, how are you? The plush tail moved a bit quicker now as she felt more at ease. For now, they would do their introductions, the pleasantries of getting to know one another and no longer being strangers but perhaps at least familiar in a positive manner. Perhaps before parting ways she'd inquire about Sarah.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
She was probably a pretty girl and Collision might have noticed if that was something that entertained his mind. He had never really seen others in that light. Only saw them for what they were worth--or were not worth. He couldn't delve too much into what their first encounter would be. He didn't know her and it wasn't exactly easy to gauge anything about her. She was reserved in her expression as if she wanted him to play the first hand. 

It was the first sign she had given that she was thinking anything in any direction when her tail began to drift side to side. When she answered him her body seemed to sink into more confidence that he was a good man. He was. But what if he wasn't? 

Her voice was nice. Probably more so since it had been the first he had heard in days. Even his own voice had been on a quiet reservation awaiting the moment it was necessary. Collision rarely spoke unless spokent to. There was little to say if there was no direction to be taken, "Better now," That sounded odd, "I've not had the pleasure of an audience in awhile," The smells of others were rampant in these lands, but it seemed they knew how to keep to themselves so far. 

"My name is Collision," He nodded his head and his smile left him. Without intention--it was more often than not he was expresionless. Stoicism was something impressed upon him. Hopefully, she wasn't expecting anything from him. He really hadn't much of a clue about anything in this place. Did she? Maybe she could be useful to him.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
He was charming, well at least she thought so with his first few words shared. His voice was calming, soothing, though she wouldn't approach any further, nor would she sit should she still need a quick getaway, her posture had clearly relaxed since moments ago. Slender shoulders falling to a composed state. I hope to be a pleasant one if that's the case. Offering an impish grin she teased.

Truth be told she had always wanted to be pleasant to everyone she met, not always were the feelings given in return, but she liked to try and give everyone an equal ground to stand on. If she could hold a grudge on those who had not done well on their first impression would soon be tested with her new title as Empress; would she turn away those who had wronged her in the past, or would she remain true to the Empire's design as a fresh start. Hoping the later, we would all know in due time. 

Hello Collision. It was a mouthful for a name, but she has heard worse before. Kukulkan was one for sure, even now she would still trip on his name if she tried to pronounce it to this day. They were packmates for months too! I'm Reiko Izuka, Was it wise to hand out her title without a guard nearby? It's a pleasure to meet you. Remaining on the safe side, for now, she would leave it. 

So now with more words exchanged, is it a pleasant audience after this "while" without?
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
As their banter began Collision would let a single thought begin to settle within him. she was sweet. It suited her, but there was something stronger with her. Perhaps she was capable of sentiment, but only to those that reciprocated it. What was her bad side like? Truthfully, he wasn't curious about it in a typical way. What was her heart like? Would she fight for what she believed in? 

"I should think you have the possibility," He didn't smile again. Not yet. It would have been unnerving for him to smother a pseudo feeling across his maw. He didn't express well. What would he learn about her today? What would he teach her about himself? Those were the questions that crawled around in his head. 

He found it soothing to hear another speak his name. It occured to him quite easily that it had been some time since someone had spoken his name at all. He forgot what it sounded like. It had been months since he had separated from those who had known him. An acquaintance was much needed; appreciated. 

"Reiko," He did offer a pleasant smile now--one that was almost pleasant and not so plaintively stiff looking, "The pleasure is all mine," It wasn't a lady's duty to bear any extra burden, thus he felt incline to remove even the slightest, "perhaps...if you could teach me something I don't know. This place--it's foreign to me. I've found myself quite hungry for intel,"

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Teach him? This was new. Though Reiko often found herself talking on and on about certain subjects and perhaps unintentionally teaching someone something about herbs, medicine and other random things - to be requested something of someone she saw as an equal and not a confused youngling came off as strange to her. Normally it was she who was being taught something, but perhaps, it was something she had to get used to soon, especially if she was to become a mother soon.

Cocking her head to the side, she looked on at the man who called himself Collision. A curious twinkle in her eye shone in his direction. What would you like to know? The local packs? The lands? I know herbs and medicine and dabble in the stars - so tell me Collision, what do you have in mind? As she spoke, the young Empress realized one thing. All the things she had accumulated within the past year, her exile from the clan; she has learned many things. More so than she had originally thought. 

Maybe most of it was trivial, but it was knowledge, and knowledge of any kind was better than none. It brought a sense of pride, a belief that maybe she could do well as an Empress and not some failure leading a group with her eyes closed.
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision was a man that possessed what he observed to be a rare trait. He had never reached a point where he felt he knew enough. Wether it be a technique he could perfect (there was always room for improvement). Most seemed set in their ways. He enjoyed quiet observation and while in some ways he was narrow minded--it was arguable he could be quite open minded. 

She seemed curious about his question, alas, she would play along and that made him slightly happy. His tail wavered side to side, slowly, behind him. "I think the packs are a good place to start....I don't intend on being a loner forever. This purposeless is daunting," He felt uncomfortable about the admittance, but it was the honest truth. He wasn't good at living without a purpose. 

Collision would relax before her. His muscles were unwound and his rear legs would fold beneath him so that he could sit before her. An attempt to remove all trepidation from their meeting was made by the male.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
A home, he sought a home above all else. Raking her memory for the packs she has heard of and encountered, as he sat so, did she. A sign of trust between them as the Empress would relax as well in his presence as he did with her. I'll tell you of the packs I know of. He desired purpose, it was a respectable desire of his, if only more had that thirst for purpose, perhaps more would be like him.

I'll start with the ones I know the least about. There's a pack in a mountain to the west, they call themselves Moonspear. Then to the south in the mountains, lays another mountain pack called Sagtannet. To the east is Whitebark Stream, I've met with one of their leaders, Artyom is a good man. Artyom, that's right, she would have to go and visit him soon and see how his side of the world was coming along. Not far from here to the East as well in a forest of weeping trees is a budding pack of wolves who call themselves the Seelie Court, lead by a pretty little wolf calling herself the Queen of Fairies.

Somewhere is a pack called Esthollow, I only know of them through Kaistleoki's leader, Ira. They're allies with one another, and Kaistleoki is our sister pack just at the foot of this mountain by a river - which brings me to my pack. Just below this ridge in the valley between the mountains is the Reneian Empire, I am their Empress. She hopped her own demeanor was enough to bring some light onto who the Empire wolves were, not wanting to boast too much or try to coax him to follow her. It was his choice, and his freedom to explore and find which pack suited him best. 

Kaistleoki and the Empire are the only packs I know most about, the rest is a shallow knowledge mostly of their names only.
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision had come from a very large place where many had gathered and for a long time it had worked well. There was a certain code of ethics that Valhalla had impressed upon most of the wolves. Of course when his adoptive father passed and his children took over things had taken a turn for the worse. Valhalla suffered at the hand of a stingier king and the more capable heirs had been wed off in arranged marriages. Collision was not blood and ultimately the light in Valhalla had begun to dim. It eventually disbanded and Collision was found looking for a new light, and so he listened to her very closesly. Harping on every word. 

Moonspear wasn't much he could think about. After all, she hadn't graced him with much knowledge about it. Sagtannet. Another information free mountain pack. Artyom--perhaps a male he could seek out and press for information. He wanted to know the kings of this land and he wanted to know their intentions. A noble cause worth offering his adherence. 

He didn't know what to think of a pack where a woman lead with such fantastical views. Queen of the Fairies? Hard pass. He instinctively felt it would be far too feminine for him. He hopes they were of a positive alignment. Perhaps he could find friendship among wolves he couldn't quite live around. Them and their fairy Queen. 

Finally she broke into information about a couple of other packs, but what seemed to overrule his thoughts was the fact he had been in the presence of a leader this entire time. Reiko was the Empress of some place called the Reneian Empire. His head twisted inquisitvely and he found himself wondering how it was she had come to rule. Was she born into the role? Had she singularly brought wolves together? Collision wasn't against a woman leader, but most of the women he had been around had been more of healer types--the exception being a few warriors. So Reiko was strong enough to hold her own. That was comforting to know about her. 

"I feel as though I've under acted to your presense, then," He dipped his head to her, "Tell me about your Empire, Empress," She was not his leader, but he found a modicum of respect to offer her. She had gathered her title in one way or another and that was worth at least the praise that he could offer to her. "Your followers are blessed to have such a level-headed leader," He had no reason to believe she was anything other than a good woman so far, and so he would endear her with the compliment.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Not at all! He certainly was courteous, it brought a warmth to her face to be treated in such a way. Not wanting to put a damper on his kind show of respect, she chose not to ask for him to refrain from it and would simply not expect everyone to treat her this way just become one man decided to show his respects. I'm flattered knowing you think I'm level-headed~ So much flattery the young woman didn't know how to act!

She smiled from ear to ear as Collision inquired more about the Empire. Pride bubbled up deep within her at all the work she and the others had done to make it come true - she would never take all the credit for bringing all these individuals together. Everyone had their part to play and she simply was the common ground between them all and acted as the glue to keep them all together.

It's a place of new beginnings. I was a part of our Queen's previous pack and all but us few lingered, we sought to keep together. Our sister pack was too full to allow us to stay, and so we created the Empire so none of us would be left behind if we stayed in Kaistleoki, as a place for all to retreat to if they need a place of belonging. We don't ask for lifelong loyalty, we only ask for peace, and should they chose to do more for us in return for a safe place to stay is up to them.
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
She is a friendly face and Collision would grow appreciative of her will to tell him the answers to the questions that he had. his smile was a polite one and he was pleased to know that something he had said had inspires happiness to her. there were burdens to being a leader. momentary bliss was hopefully enough to level the mental playing field. 

"Would I be welcome to come see it?" He was not going to pledge his allegiance--he was not certain someone of his kind would fit in with something that was presented as a sort of inbetween. he was driven by a specified direction. he was a warrior through and through designed to fight on behalf of those that needed him. Did she need his kind in a place like that, "I want to know the company you keep there. I'm not asking to be a part of your empire," not yet, "I aim to defend--I'd like to see if I could be an asset," If upon meeting others he felt useful--then perhaps it was serendipitous their meeting and he could rest easy knowing he was doing good. This was his only present interest--nothing more.

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
"Would I be welcome to come see it?" Even as he corrected himself the young woman simply couldn't help but let her tail whip wild behind her, thudding against the ground and even whipping up small clouds of dust with every contact it made. He aimed to defend, though the pack was not something that would require him to do anything he didn't want to do, he could indeed be a great asset - but she kept her mouth shut. 

Biased on the matter, of course, she wanted to try and coax him into joining, but it was his decision to make. Guardians were always welcome with all the women present, especially with many of them either pregnant already or soon to be. Not to mention both their leaders were such small women, neither of them akin to fighting. Absolutely, you are welcome to come and explore at your leisure.

And why not? Provided that Reiko and all others knew of an outsider coming to visit, so long as they knew they would be watched for any suspicious activity, the Empress didn't mind having someone familiarize themselves with the new pack. Even if Collision decided not to join, perhaps word of mouth would spread and more would come seeking sanctuary. I must inform you however that either I or one of our guards will keep an eye on you. As wonderful and kind you may seem, we still need to be cautious. Thankfully there were no newborns as of yet too, otherwise, a visitor would be simply out of the question.
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision was pleased that it seemed she placed enough trust in him to allow him to venture not just to her packlands, but to be granted a temporary visa of sorts. He would be permitted to explore and hopefully meet another couple of the wolves within the borders. If they were anything like her perhaps he had found his chance at happiness.

Ah, but there it was--her catch. A simple cautionary implication. He was proud to hear her say it--truthfully. They had only just met and he couldn't be expected to be trusted with the innocent within her borders. He couldn't be expected of anything--staying or going. This was all theoretical. Perhaps it could be this easy...

"You will take me there, then?" Perhaps she would volunteer as his guide through these lands. True enough that he could probably pick around and happen upon it, but there was an eagerness to see where this adventure lead him. Who was out there for him to meet? "If you're headed home,"

IMPALA 

649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I would be happy to show you to our borders. This time, she rose to stand next to him. Should they travel together, there had to be some kind of trust now and she could begin with closing the vast distance between them that lingered during their conversation. Before you cross I must inform everyone of a visitor, for your safety of course. Vespera, Yuudai and certainly Takeshi would all be all too happy to show their ugly sides to someone who they didn't know was a welcomed guest. Takeshi the most dangerous of them all for a male as far as Reiko was concerned.

Perhaps she would keep an eye on Collision for his own safety instead. 

After that I'll come to fetch you and you can roam freely. With that said, she would guide him as promised and arrange all the necessities for him to travel safely across their borders. Hoping he would enjoy everyone within if he was not to join, she hoped they would all make a good enough impression that he would pass on the good news of their presence. 

We can end this here if you'd like?? We can either assume they did what she said above, or we can play it out in a thread, your choice!!! I left a news update on RE's page and will post in the discord!
Healing (2/6)

THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
She was pleasant enough to offer him passage and he is pleased to agree with her. A nod of the head and he stands beside her. Gesturing for her to lead the way. He could inquire more about this place en route. Really, he was hyper focused on what her empire had to offer, "I'll wait until I have the appropriate introductions," and he would. He would patiently wait until she could inform any and everyone that she had brought a stranger to their lands in the hope that he wasn't a serial killer. Solid plan. Actually, it started to sound a bit bad. But, he knew his heart and was thankful she was willing to give him a shot. He followed her to his next adventure. 

[exit]
 {that sounds fine! we dont have to do a thread on it we can go off her word :3 and i'll get something rolling in RE soon}

IMPALA