Bearclaw Valley Never Seen You Before
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
After that whole situation with the stranger trying to impose on the borders, Skoll wasn't sure what to think. And then there was that other wolf that Skoll had yet to meet. The pack seemed to be getting bigger by the day, somehow. Though the dark wolf didn't doubt Merrick at all. He was perfectly capable, and Skoll didn't think he would fail. Things were just moving so fast and he had a hard time keeping up with it. 

However, with more and more wolves showing up, it meant the pack was closer to being official. Which meant hopefully weird strangers that had no intention of joining would steer clear from where they were. Unless they literally wanted to be devoured by the bear that was Merrick. The girl from before had thought it to be a joke, but it wasn't one. 

It was raining atop Skoll's dark fur- though it didn't bother him. The rain from it being spring was a lot nicer than the snow from winter that made him stand out like a white rabbit on the black earth. He shook out his pelt before sitting back down on his haunches. Man, things were getting weird. 

@Evien
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Evien cursed himself for being antisocial. He was part of a pack now - he really should've spoken to more than, what, three of the members? In his defense, he had been quite busy, finding the medicine den and gathering herbs and treating the injuries of not only packmates who fought off a legitimate threat and packmates who thought it would be fun to shred one another for funsies. 

With a sigh, the brown wolf padded through the territory. It was a nice day for a walk, he thought, and to go out looking for more herbs to add to the stash he was steadily growing. In all honesty, Evie was proud of his work. He'd done a good job for his pack, damn it. 

The rain felt amazing on his fur, reminding Evien of living by the river when he was younger. Briefly, the boy closed his eyes to relish the feeling, and when he opened them again, he spotted what had to be one of the larger wolves he'd seen. Skinny, and dark, but very tall - almost a full foot taller than Evien himself. 

"Hello," he called, angling large ears forward. Was this stranger one of his packmates? He couldn't recall seeing him before. "You're from Ursus, too, right?"
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll was just beginning to relish the quiet before a voice cut through his thoughts like a knife cut through bread. It was just a greeting, calm your shit Skoll. Turning his head to face the other, it was a male, one he'd not seen before, that was awfully short. At least, compared to Skoll's tall lanky form he was. Skoll could only squint at the question though. It was pretty easy to tell Skoll was in Ursus- he was there before this weirdo he was sure! 

A nod, to the question was the reply the other wolf got. Skoll didn't recognize this one, or any of the others that arrived out of what seemed like nowhere- Merrick must have found some other wolves to talk into joining somehow. He wondered if the others had been taken on murder sprees like Skoll had himself. Those foxes surely wouldn't be coming back for some time. 

"I've never seen you before." He commented, voice quiet. 

@Evien
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Ah, the man was a quiet one. Evien could deal with that - there were quite a few of those in Ursus. It was a little hard to get a read on this guy, though, and Evie found himself stopping quite a few feet away so he didn't have to tip his head back too far to make eye contact with the older man. Were his eyes two different colors?

"And I've never seen you before," he countered calmly, a small smile settling onto his maw. That was step one of the introduction - awkward, weird, but step one. 

Clearing his throat, the boy offered the man a wag of his tail. "My name is Evien Kastner. I suppose I'm the medic here." Supposed was too light a word - he certainly knew he was the medic, from how often he had to patch together these wolves. "What's your name?"
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll stood to turn his body to face the other wolf instead of sitting. It was easier to see the other, that way. The way the other stood seemed off, somehow, as if one of his legs didn't cooperate with moving. Must not be a fighter, then. Skoll wasn't much of one himself despite his size. His sister was always the stronger one. Heterochromatic eyes watched the other from a distance, no matter how small it was. 

The other wolf hadn't seen Skoll yet- though the dark man always was wandering through this place. Most of the time it was spent in secluded areas he could get some quiet, away from all of the excitement a pack held. Skoll knew what joining a pack would do and what it would get him. Wolves that wanted to speak and learn more about him when Skoll wasn't that interested in anyone except for their leader's odd personality, and why Astara didn't seem to speak. 

A medic, Skoll was right. Not a fighter. And a name to go with it. Along with a question that was right to be asked. 

"Skoll Almir" He replied. 

Skoll didn't have much of a rank, though Merrick had called him a good planner, and said he'd make a good spy before. Skoll couldn't disagree. 

@Evien
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Skoll Almir. It seemed fittingly dark and daunting for the man before him, he thought, interested by this spectre. He could be Fields' shadow, Evien thinks in amusement, green eyes scanning over similarly long limbs and skinny physique. Essentially the opposite of Evie's own small, short body, but perhaps he'd be more slender if he were stretched out to that degree, as well. 

At least Evien wasn't the only tiny wolf in Ursus. Merrick and Ico were both his size, if not smaller than he was. More nimble and dainty, whereas his leg served as an anchor to tie him down to the earth. 

It sucked, to put it bluntly.

Still, the name itself didn't give Evien much to go off of in terms of conversation. This man was like a safe, and Evie had to find the right combination for it. "What do you think of Ursus?" he asked casually, dark brown tail swishing behind him. "Do you think it's a good home?"
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll didn't know what to think about this stranger. Though he was looking down upon them. Moving closer, Skoll practically towered over the shorter wolf. Like a tiger compared to a domestic cat. Except Skoll was the dangerous creature, meanwhile Evien was the domestic, calm one owned by others. One could also say Merrick had Skoll chained on a leash. Not as a good comparison initially. 

Skoll hadn't met the other newcomers to Ursus, but he certianly would soon, he imagined. Once you'd met one, you would meet the rest. Everything was pretty predictable to figure out. Skoll could tell this wolf was trying to get something out of him. Skoll had no information to give. 

"I've been here longer than you- if I was planning on leaving I would have already."

@Evien
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
If the approach was meant to intimidate, it did not. Evien stood his ground and simply craned his neck back to look up at the man, smile never faltering. Yeah, this was about the same height Fields was, he thought, though the pale eyes were unnerving where the golden boy's were a comforting sky. Was Evien owned? Perhaps. Bound, certainly, by some sense of morality or bond or duty. 

But he was no house cat.

Truly, what he was looking for was conversation. And that was as much as he'd gotten out from the man yet. "That doesn't convey a feeling," he said thoughtfully, tilting his head to the side. "I suppose, though, I can't say much either. Don't really know how I feel about the place just yet."

Forest eyes traveled back to the man. "Are you busy right now?"
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll's intention never was to intimidate- the man wasn't even aware that he could appear that way. At least, to a wolf that he wasn't trying to look like that to. He could be rude, but he wasn't aiming to scare his own packmates. At least until they showed anything treacherous. He didn't want to have to deal with fighting in the pack- and currently didn't know that something along the lines of that had happened. If he did, though, he'd be hunting down the one that started it to chase them off. Even if he wasn't the leader of their group. 

He was completely aware that what he'd said didn't convey a feeling. Skoll didn't have a feeling about the place, and likely wouldn't until he found some reason to want to stick around. Besides his curiosity for Merrick. Nothing of this place was as interesting as he was- speaking of living with the bears. It was interesting and he wanted to see what came of it. Until it put his own life in danger. 

"No." He replied to the question of being busy. All he'd been doing was sitting there. In the rain. 

@Evien
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
I'm so sorry I thought I'd replied

Excellent - a big tall strong wolf with nothing to do? Evien could make good use of that. "Then you won't mind helping me?" The question wasn't really much of a question, really, but rather a statement - albeit not one intended to be rude. Packmates were supposed to help one another, right? And if Skoll needed, Evien would heal him. 

"I was planning on going out to gather herbs. Two mouths would be better than one," he continued, offering the man a smile.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chishio
Away
Skoll wasn't sure what he was supposed to think about the wolf asking help of him. However, he figured that helping a packmate would be better than not. One of the many ways to build up some form of trust within the members of the pack. Especially helpful for healers, that needed to be there to help a pack member in need. 

"Fine." Came his reply - he would help this wolf for now. Even if the rain was falling onto his fur. 

@Evien
[That's fine!]