Whitefish River Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
@Howl! He doesn't have to fish too, just something to get this thread going :P This thread is backdated before Hiero and Inna enter the cave! Fishing rolls here!

Finding himself at Evergreen's favorite fishing spot, Hiero waded back into the water to try his hand at fishing once again. He would not be outshined by the bearish man for long, no sir, not if he can help it! Wet from head to toe, he couldn't feel the cold of the water and so it was easy for him to remain way past the time most would have at this point. Even if he knew it might be a good idea to leave, Hier was adamant about practicing just a little longer.

With a quick dive and snap of his jaws, the painted male withdrew from the water with another small prize - nothing impressive in comparison to Evergreen's immense haul on their last trip. A little pumpkinseed fish, though colourful, was barely enough to feed Hiero himself.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Continuing to follow the river's edge on a mission to better acquaint himself with the members of the pack Howl was alerted by the sound of a sudden thrash of water. His head perked and his ears detected that it was a short distance from his location. Moving in a trot he soon came to find a male splattered of color and water wading in the river.

With his back turned to Howl his face was out of eyeshot, but there weren't too many reasons for a wolf to be in the water. For fun and for the game. "Have you happened upon anything?" Howl asked towards the male.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
As a voice called out to him from the land behind the painted man, Hiero turned with a mouth full of a colourful small fish, a grin peeking out at the corner of his lips with teeth tightly around the creature. Ay hasvs. The fish made it hard to enunciate properly, even drool seeped out from the openings while he trotted his way back to shore. Tossing the fish onto the shore to begin a little pile, he offered a smile before clearing his throat. It's small but better than nothing, right? Being as optimistic as ever, food was food, he just wanted to get a good fish too so he can compare with Evergreen's catch one day.

You're new here aren't cha'? Name's Hieronymous, how are you on this beautiful day? Never leaving the waters, tendrils of brown fur of all shades drifted in the current as he remained standing in the waters. Even while chatting he still expected to return fishing soon after introductions, who knows, maybe this man would like to help him out.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The painted male turned her head, a mouthful of fish and mumbling utter nonsense. It brought a smile to Howl's face looking at the scene of amusement. Once out of his mouth the painted male was able to make more sense and remarked about the size of the fish. "Certainly" Howl remarked. Howl had done some fishing in his day but couldn't remember a time when any of his catches were particularly ginormous, he did, however, know that fish was rather young, small and may have better served its purpose back in the water. But one fish wouldn't offset the whole river so Howl thought to leave it be.

"Yes I am. Nice to meet you, names Howl." he introduced. "I'd say I'm doing alright. Yourself?" he asked returning the question.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Good good! I'm doing really well! Glad to see everyone is back and the pack is bigger than ever. It must be something Ira would be glad about too. Something to be proud of with all her hard work. It was also a beautiful day, winter was leaving and soon prey would be so abundant all their bellies would be fat and full, a nice change in comparison to the famine they just had. 

So Howl, how are you liking Kaistleoki thus far, being new and all. Hiero was new too once, but he was too busy fawning over Ira to have really noticed anything until the "new" feeling faded. Now he was here, half a year later as a knight and no longer just a newcomer trying to settle.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
"It's a bit of a change." he admitted. He had been part of a pack for a considerable time in the past but had been on his own for quite some time since then. "I'm having to get back into the swing of pack life, but I will admit it is the place I feel most comfortable in." He had always been made to help others, protect others and be part of a pack. "Everyone I have meet so far has been nice and I don't expect that to change." he said with a smile.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
As Howl spoke, Hiero waded back into the water to watch as the fish continued to swim by. His ears flipped so he may listen while his eyes wandered the shallow waters in hope of finding something worthy. I'm certain Ira and Evergreen would be pleased to hear that. Knowing that it was they who had worked the hardest in creating and keeping life within it.

Something brushed past his leg and one again he swiftly scooped it up - small, again. Small enough that he almost swallowed it whole! Spitting the fish back up, allowing it to swim away - it would only be boney and unpleasant to eat anyway so Hiero didn't feel letting that one go would do any harm.

Do you mind me asking what you excel at?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl took no offense to the male continuing his pursuit of the trawl seeing as how it was he who interrupted his activities and not the other way around. It didn't seem to bother the painted male too much though as he continued the conversation without hesitation. "I'm a guardian mostly, looking out for boarders and protecting those within it. I guess you could say I have experience scouting and hunting as well, though I'm not sure I excel at them anymore then the average wolf. But if you are asking for a helping paw I wouldn't mind giving one" Howl offered politely. Though Howl had the skills of a therapist it wasn't yet something he realized he had a talent for, though he was trying his best to gain it.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Even if his eyes were focused on the waters, trying to pick out any large shadows swimming by, Hieronymous' ears were focused on Howl. Listening to him as he spoke more about himself. Good, they needed more guards. The more bodies around that would watch the borders, meant less for Hiero himself to do in that regard. This way he could focus more on his own passions of storytelling and song! 

Nothing, no scales brushing against his legs, no shadow to speak of. With a heavy sigh, he finally turned away from the water and rested those brilliant seafoam eyes on the companion at the banks. Guarding is an important task, especially with so many young ones soon. Would they also count the sister pack once it was official? He was curious to know more about that once it all came together.

Connor and Ira are fantastic scouts, and I believe we have a few hunters as well - so don't worry! See, I can fight but I don't like to, so you being a willing guardian is such a relief.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He applauded Howl's craft and expressed the packs need seeing as how the scouting and hunting roles were already firmly filled. "Nothing wrong with keeping the peace rather than defending it" Howl stated in response to the male's desire not to fight. Those not wanting to fight weren't usually the problem, but rather those who wanted to fight against those who didn't. Howl's role and hope were that he could fight for those who didn't even if they could.

Hieronymous said nothing in response to Howl's offer to assist him in his catch but thought it wouldn't harm his chances as long as he stayed a distance away. He surveyed the bank, looking for an area of the stream in which there was a bit of foliage, and dipped in a paw before pulling it out quickly. "Goodness that's a lot colder than I had anticipated" It wasn't unbearable, but shocking.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
I'm happy to do both if necessary - I'd just prefer to talk things out. He quipped with a chuckle. If he could avoid a physical altercation, that was a good day for Hiero if he must say so himself. 

With a shit-eating grin, he watched as his companion slid into the water and almost immediately complained about the chill he felt. Ha! Is it that bad? Perhaps I should get out myself hmm? If it was too cold for Howl to bare, then it was possible his own body didn't like it either without him getting the damn message to get out of the water. 

Wading out of the water just in case that was what was happening, he was far enough off from Howl to let himself shake the excess water off before trotting over to Howl. Wanna hug it out maybe? he teased with brows wiggling as a grin sprawled thickly across his mug as he threatened to rub all the water from his fur and transfer it over to Howl.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Sorry for the late reply. Finals week and real-life :P

His comments about the temperature of the water seemed irregular. As though he was asking if the water was cold even though he had been standing in it for some time. He came onto the shore and freed himself of the excess water before making a humorous comment about a hug between the two males. Howl laughed along with the male and even gave him a nudge on the shoulder as he laughed. When he did he felt the chill from the male's pelt and took a startling step back. The sensation from hot to cold wasn't an impossible thing, but the sudden transition defiantly made the hairs on the back of Howl's neck stand up. "Goodness. You might need one. You're so darn cold. Doesn't that bother you?" Howl said almost in amazement.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Sharing a good laugh with Howl felt nice, the two chimed in unison at the joke and Howl even felt comfortable enough to nudge Hiero in a sociable gesture! It was the sudden jerking back that stopped the painted man from laughing, suddenly feeling the same urgency that Howl might be in this moment. Shit. Am I? He frowned in response, seating himself on the ground somewhere dry enough and huddling up on himself to try and keep as much warmth as possible.

Hmmm sort of? How do I explain... Perhaps after this it might be a good idea to hide in a bush or something, something that will help retain any heat than to let it radiate off of him to freely until he was nice and dry again. I can't feel cold, or hot, or pain in general. It's a curse. I rely off of you guys. Usually, by now the waters were warm enough in his experience, but maybe his region was just colder than what he was accustomed to.

It's okay! T'is the season :P
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Now he knew for certain something was up. Who wouldn't know that they were cold? Yes sometimes being at a different temperature for a long time made it hard to realize one's own temperature, but not to this degree. Hieronymous was quick to move to a dryer area and huddle up, now aware of it. After explaining his condition it made more sense. Unable to... well... feel. "Oh... ok... interesting" Howl was initially amazed and filled with questions. Hieronymous called it a curse, which wouldn't have been Howl's assumption after hearing of the condition. But after thinking of it, and seeing the current situation he could see how it would be a hindrance. "Is it something you have always had, or did something happen to trigger it?" 
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
While trying to huddle up, he moved his muscles around as much as possible to get them to produce some warmth of their own through well... whatever they do when in use. Others shivered when they were cold so he thought this was always a good stand-in, he never knew if it worked or not but heck, it was worth a try. I was born with it, no one thought I'd live to see my first birthday - once I beat that, it was all routine from there. Don't pant, don't breathe deeply - all things that everyone did in hot weather to cool themselves off he had to do the opposite.

I got lucky with a diligent mom from the get go. Smiling, he thought back to her. What a wonderful woman she was. She was brilliant really, all these little tricks and ideas often came from her, the reason why he was able to make it this far.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
OOC: Trying to finish up some of Howl threads, not asking for a quick end, just and FYI

As he went on to explain more and more the hardships he had faced growing up due to his condition, Howl was now convinced that though it had perks, it was indeed more of a curse than a gift. Having to keep track of something diligently whereas others simply knew must have been frustrating. "You must have been a pretty tough guy to get through all that. Likely inherited by your mother." he complimented. "I'm glad you told me. I can make an effort to remember and offer advice for different situations in the future." he offered. He didn't want Heironymous to feel babied or helicoptered by the Howl, but being thoughtful enough to dip a toe in at the beginning of their conversation might have saved the male some huddle time. "I could offer you some warmth, or perhaps just an OK once you've warmed up if you like" he thought it might be a bit awkward to cuddle up to Heironymous since it was the first time the two had met, but if he was used to that kind of thing from the other member's Howl would suck it up. At least letting him know when his body had reached an ok temp felt like the least he could do.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
To be honest id love to finish up older threads too! So it's okay! i think this one is close to ending, maybe a couple more post?

Definitely taken from her side. He joked, but not entirely. She was a stern woman, now that he was older and more understanding of her choices and decisions, she was full of love that he may never see again. Truly, if he were to meet her again he would not only thank her for all her hard work and patience with an unruly child - but apologize for being such brat for so long until it was too late. I'd appreciate it, Howl. It was definitely an advantage for him to be in a pack, and in one who was full of helpful and empathic wolves.

Chuckling at Howl's offer, Hiero smiled, maybe a little cheekily and teasing considering the situation. Are you offering to cuddle? Feeling pretty confident in his sexuality, such an idea didn't bother him at all. Especially since it was for something so helpful. If you're comfortable with it, I certainly am~ c'mere big guy. He was clearly mockingly flirtatious, a simple device to make an awkward situation a little more comfortable that Hiero used often enough.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Sorry for the late reply. Feel free to draw their interaction to a close with your next post if you would like. 

Hiero laughed and joked about Howl's offer, but that was what he was suggesting. A bit of a platonic cuddle. If Howl wanted physical intimacy, he wouldn't have trouble finding it on his own, and it sure wouldn't be with another male. Not that he thought there was anything wrong with others' preferences. They just didn't suit him. He rolled his eyes to Hiero's "big boy," but also had a smile on his face. It was clearly a joke so Howl had no problems with it.

Walking up to Hiero he lifted his front paw and pressed it against the male, testing to see how cold he still was before laying down beside him. "I suppose you can't even feel how warm I am, Howl remarked. "I don't think we'll have to stay this way for long. You're already a lot better then you were before... So I wouldn't get too used to it" he said playing into the joke just a bit.