Moonspear uneasy hearts weigh the most
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Private 
Arcturus was still missing, and Dacio was dead; everything had gone terribly wrong. Life had made a turn for the worse recently, changing the young man's perspective; Moonspear had become an increasing source of anxiety. Although he fared psychically, his mentality suffered. He was consumed by grief, concern, and guilt—nothing was able to distract him. 

Today was much like the preceding days; Osiris had slept late and had only left the den once the sun was at its apex. Bleary-eyed, the young man ambled towards the nearest waterway, looking to satiate his thirst. 

"Dacio would still be alive if it weren't for you," was Osiris' first intrusive thought of the day. He huffed sadly to himself, acknowledging the idea, and continued down the rocky pathway.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The shade moved along the mountain with a pensive expression on his scruffy young face. The hollow look in the gold of his gaze traveled along the terrain he had learned well in his growth there. From pup to the towering beast that he had become, Atlas had truly come into his flesh and bone with some powerful grace.

The figure of Osiris met his sights. With a small pause, the dark beast regarded his sibling with a watchful stare. There were troubling thoughts that weighed on the emerald-eyed boy.

Long limbs carried him closer until he could release a chuff of greeting to the agouti figure. A small swish of his tail suggested that his approach was friendly. When he had neared the side of the burly Ostrega boy, Atlas regarded his kin with a small and knowing smile. “These are troubling times, brother,” his gruff voice sounded.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris turned at the sound of Atlas' voice, meeting his brother's gaze solemnly. "They are," he agreed gruffly. Osiris couldn't comprehend how Moonspear could have succumbed to such tragedy— it seemed unwarranted and undeserved. 

"How have you been faring?" he asked in his next breath. "I would hope that you've been better than I have," he mused darkly, a slight grin curling his dark lips.
spear of the sun
263 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Such an expression had never been witnessed before, not on Osiris’ face.

Atlas almost recoiled. The weight of such emotions had never truly been felt by the shade. To see that his kin was experiencing the hurt that he was, it was challenging to empathize with. More than this, the golden-eyed Ostrega was keen to find someone to place the blame on. He had searched for a figure, and though he had not settled on where to fixate his need for justice and the cause of the wrongdoing… there was a face that continued to appear in his mind.

“Such things do not affect me the way they do with you, but I would like to offer my ear to you. You are my brother and you mean more to me than anything else. Please, share your thoughts and feelings so that I can understand,” the shade answered quietly.
523 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Guardian
Osiris was relieved to have the support of Atlas. He knew that he always had the help of his brother, and it was immensely appreciated. Osiris sighed then and readied himself to admit what he had been keeping to himself.

"I feel responsible for Dacio's death," Osiris admitted; his revelation was easier to share than he had initially anticipated. Still, his voice softened as he elaborated, as the weight of his guilt increased. "If it hadn't been for me... he'd still be here." Atlas was often hard to read, but Osiris still sought his sibling's expression for any inkling of his opinion.

Confiding in Atlas would soon prove to relieve some of Osiris hurt—when the brothers were done talking, he came out of it all feeling much better than he had since he had been attacked.