Northstar Vale Somebody With Too Much to Lose
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
All Welcome 
He had gotten the okay to enter from Reiko at the borders and then split ways with her to begin his explorations. He had resumed looking painfully stoic and doing what needed to be done. For the most part eh vale was quite attractive. Elegant almost. There were definitely women around....That was abdundantly evident with the smell of their heat dancing around the plateaus. Instinctually it was intriguing, otherwise it wasn't something he was interested in. 

The sun was mid way into the sky and Collision was sunbathing in the frigid air. A chuff left his throat completely unchained and he waited to see who all would come forward. If he was going to invade their lands the least he could do is make them aware of his presence so they could as whatever questions they felt necessary. There were a lot of decisions he needed to make relatively soon.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA 

133 Posts
Ooc —
The cowboy was ever a wanderer, not at the borders this day but simply wandering the territory to further explore. The land always had a way to hide her secrets and reward those who took the time to learn her. A steady hum beat at his throat with each step, not particularly worried about any dangers. After all, he was pretty deep in the territory.

It was then that the chuff sounded, distant but close enough for him to investigate. Navigating the trees he would come across the large male, taller than he even. Reiko had mentioned something about a visitor, perhaps this was him. Howdy. Tobias gave a curt nod as he approached, Reiko's scent clung to the man's fur enough to leave him unconcerned. You must be the Empress' guest, right?
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Little time would pass before his efforts were answered. A brown male only slightly smaller than himself would appear. His eyes were a earthy green and his demeanor seemed quite nonchalant. Collision would hope the rest of the wolves here were much of the same. He wanted to see if he was needed and then he would know if he were supposed to be in this place. He also needed to know that the wolves here could stand on their own. This man was probably a protecter of someone within the court. He looked promising enough. He recalled a young male he had known long ago and the boy had been a grand hunter. A body style similar to the stranger before him. Perhaps?

"Hello," He greeted him properly and offered a slight bow of the head. He wanted the wolves here to feel unthreatened by him and made no attempts to appear less than respectful. This was their home; not his. "I am," He confirmed the man's suspicion's before making his own formal introduction. It was kind of Reiko to inform her pack mates of his presence, more kind of her to allow him in, but he wanted to offer his own greeting and leave the rest to them, "My name is Collision. I apologize if my presence is an intrusion. Reiko was kind enough to educate me briefly on these lands. I wanted to see where she came from," Because she had seemed so respectable--he figured the company that she kept were equally so.

IMPALA 

133 Posts
Ooc —
Nonesense, you're a guest. In the cowboy's eyes, any friend of Reiko was safe here. The time he knew her for was short, but she had a good head and a kind heart. There was no doubt in his mind that anyone she trusted would not be bad for them. I'm afraid we're all a bit new, but if there's anything specific you're searching for, I might be of some help. He had traveled these grounds before the pack settled on a location, more so now that it was their claim if there was anyone that could show him around, Tobias was near the top of the list.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
he is reassured that his presence is no bother and collision nods his head in appreciation. it is nice to hear that he is welcome among more than just reiko. perhaps he could at least make a few relations within this territory. that would make this advent all the worth it. 

"i came here to see if i could be of use," he explains it casually. he is aware that not all have the same determination he does, but he does not spare a moment in trying to search for his ambitions. "why did you choose to settle here?" collision made his loyalty a life long promise and breaking it was akin to a death.

IMPALA 

133 Posts
Ooc —
To be of use? Perhaps he was curious about joining. The cowboy was no stranger to the heat scents wandering the claim and he was sure there would be at least one or two litters to protect. With how new the Empire was and how small their numbers were this could be a huge opportunity to gain a big guy. Ah, well I'm sure there's something to be done. Never 'nough paws to help out if you know what I mean. He let out a hearty chuckle as his mind wandered to when he discovered Reiko.

Well, the Empress 'n I go way back. We were founding members of the Empire's sister pack. She had always been a friendly face and a hard worker, but she disappeared after an accident. The details of that were not his to spare so, for now, he kept the story vague. I ran into her past the mountains and she seemed to have collected a little following. Looked like she was in need of some assistance so I decided to join her. I like to travel so I figured the change in scenery would help as well.

Emerald eyes scanned the man's pelt for scars or any other form of turmoil, but he appeared clear despite his obvious strength. Perhaps he sought a path away from one of a warrior. A gentle giant of sorts, almost like the former Count of Kaistleoki. What about you? What's your story? I'm sure you've already experienced the influence of our Empress. A sly grin fell upon his maw as he took a seat.
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision had always been on the innately formal side of things and he would harp around every word that Tobias spoke. he spoke a quite obvious truth: there was always something to do around a pack land. anywhere he visited he was certain he could a place among them. following beneath a queen instead of a king would be quite different for him, however, it wasn't something he felt he had a problem with. it had simply always been that way in Valhalla. Alas, women were some of the strongest warriors within the lands. the fiercest hunters. the most knowledgeable medics. women had never proven to be anything less than equal. 

Collision was sorry to hear that the empress had been harmed in any way. that was the kind of information he most needed. He wanted to prevent those annoyances from happening to her or anyone else within wherever he chose to be his home. but Tobias did not further explain what had happened. The grey lad wouldn't ask either. That history was not his to inquire about. what an interesting beginning to a possible story, "How terrible," he remarks. it was something severe enough to drive the woman from her territory, yes? 

"This is a newly formed place, then?" curiosity glimmers across his face and he considers what other gatherings must think of the new empire. Reiko was a formiddable woman and he assumed she did not have many enemies--alas, everyone boasted a handful. 

Collision was asked about his growing up and while slightly embarassing, given it had essentially failed, he cleares his throat, "My home was called Valhalla. We were a large assembly. I was brought to Valhalla by a woman when my birth mother presumably left me for dead," that was the story he had assumed. assuming it allowed that he never sought after her. Would he have turned out like he did had his birth mother raised him? "My adoptive father and mother lead Valhalla and their children were all wedded by arrangement albeit myself and his birth son. His birth son lost a challenge for the pack and everything fell to shambles. We were mostly all constantly trained to be warriors in the event it was necessary. When the new King took over most went to our sister pack and they invaded Valhalla in war. I...have a past with the Alpha and it was not a place for me after victory over Valhalla,"

a feeling akin to anxiety crawled within his skin. that was the first time he had told anyone from this place about his history. more so, it was the most he had talked since he had brought himself into the wilds.

IMPALA 

133 Posts
Ooc —
Tobias fell silent as Collision explained what had occurred in his old pack. Perhaps he had been expecting a more pleasant story, but then again why would he have ventured out if life was sweet? The cowboy often forgot that he laid in a minority when it came to moving homes, I'm sorry for your loss, didn't mean to pry so deep, but I appreciate your openness. Truly what spoke more than sharing everything you've lost? It was too complex to be constructed leading to the male trusting their visitor just a bit more.

Well, if you're lookin' for a new start this is as good a place as any. Seems a lot of folks here have lost something or someone recently. It's what brought 'em all together, but yeah we're still fairly new. If it brings the spirits up I can tell ya the good we have around here?
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Suffice to say it pleased the man that there was at least a good conversationalist within this place. Granted, he was not the best himself. Still, there was the ability to converse without hostility or overly territorial behavior. That was either indebted to the fact that perhaps this sir was one of relaxed demeanor--or he held his Empress in high enough respect that he trusted her ruling to allow Collision within this place. 

"Things happen," And they did, and it would always be for a purpose. If it were bound to happen how hard one tried would rarely be a true factor. 

"I would like to know as much as is possible, for now, about this Empire," And that much was true. He wanted to know what he could very well be getting himself into. There was a regality about the wolves of this place that he made him wonder if there were odd traditions? What was the good? Also, what was the bad? Collision was looking for both of the things. One could not simply exist without the other.

IMPALA 

133 Posts
Ooc —
Ah straight to the meat then, very well Tobias could do that. Anythin' about the Empire? Where to start? an amused chuckle escaped him as he tilted his head in thought. Much of the structure was still new to him given how fresh everything was, Well you already know our Empress, she's in charge with the Queen at her feet. Ibis is pretty close to Reiko I reckon, but I've never actually spoken with her. You could consider her a Beta. For a moment the Baron debated getting into all the individual ranks, but he was still memorizing the rank order himself. Better to let someone else handle that so he didn't spread false information.

There's a noble structure set up that's your typical hierarchy, though no one really waves around rank. Not yet at least. Newcomers enter as commoners. Moving up is a birthright, that or you prove your worth or mate someone of higher rank. Essentially the leadership stays within the family unless something happens. It's a lot of words I'll let ya hear from the horse's mouth if you wish, wouldn't want to talk your ear off. I've done it before. The Baron took a moment to laugh at his own joke before swiping at his muzzle for an itch.

Has anyone gone into detail of the sister pack yet? First time I've seen somethin' like it in my lifetime. Our Empress is also fond of the stars. She gave everyone some star guardian upon entering, but I'm afraid I don't know much about it yet to really tell ya.Truthfully he should get on that, it opened a lot of potential for future stories, especially if there would be kids this season. I suppose I should just ask if there's anythin' specific ya wanna know? Might be easier to break down the info that way.
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
It would become quite apparent, very quickly, that the two were good at sharing knowledge with one another. At first impression Collision would make the observation that Tobias was a level headed man that was probably very easy-going. Was there a dark side? There were to most. That was always much more personal and the colorful gentleman would dismiss interest in knowing that side of Tobias. He liked what he saw so far and that was that. 

"The Ranks are foreign to me," There were a lot of names accompanied with a bit of confusion in his mind. He didn't necessarily mind a rank, but he knew it weren't necessary that he utilized one to be useful. Tobias seemed to be a little confused about the ranks himself. Surely, Tobias was no 'commoner' as he referred to them. 

"I know nothing of the sister pack--I'm assuming it's a bit more than a simple alliance, however," Collision was, truthfully, interested in everything the male said. He made himself comfortable and did his best to show a look of intrigue, "Tell me about our sister pack. I suppose they should weigh in on my decision to stay, so tell me the tales,"

IMPALA 

133 Posts
Ooc —
ugh sorry for the wait we can try to wrap this thread up

The man mused a hum as he listened. It seemed the ranks were different for many, but he couldn't really say he had seen many empires. Well I suppose it matters where I start. There's a pack by down the mountainside by the river, Kaistleoki. The birth of new beginnings to most, even Reneian Empire gained its start through them. A hard-working pack that's trade-focused. Actually for being sister packs, the Empire was quite different from the river, but their core values remained the same. Reiko an'  I used to be a part of them, but for our own reasons ended up separating. She made some friends away from the territory and tried to bring em back, but there were too many of us. The leadership is reasonable though, and an agreement was made. A truce of sorts, in this case a sisterly bond was made.

Tobias gestured to the vale around them, it was large and full of beauty, truly a little heaven amongst the peaks. During our travels back to Kaistleoki we discovered this place. So happened to be right by our allies, truly perfect in every way, no? The Empress wants our bonds to be strong so as long as you've proved your loyalty here you may openly visit our brethren and they may do the same. Open borders, that's what she calls em. What a weird concept. Never had he seen something like it in his days of travel, but if it worked it worked. He was certainly interested, plus he knew the Kaistleoki wolves. Just as it sounds, you can walk right in.
THE GOLDEN KNIGHT
212 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Collision quite enjoyed the tale that unfurled from Tobias. There was an honest respect for the way both packs had handled it. He found that a modicum of jealousy sparked in his heart from the story. It was a moment where he would wonder if his own home had acted in such a manner. Would he be where he was today? They had completely dissolved at such a shift. Of course...his home underwent more than just a leadership change. The entire paradigm had taken a new face. 

"Perhaps I'll make way to meet them soon," Collision was all for any wolves that he could muster respect for and he wanted to be sure that anyone that needed it would always know he was someone that could be called upon. Brothers...or well "sisters" in arms would always be welcome in the event things from other sources became heated. War was common in his home place. What about this wild?

"Thank you for explaining. It's an interesting concept to me to have such open borders with a pack so close to our own," But at this point Collision had learned enough for the day and he had also come to the point he felt he was going to begin becoming the awkward conversationalist that he truthfully was by design, "I need to go see, Reiko. I think I need to let her know I've made a decision. I appreciate your company, Tobias." 

With that the boy would dip his head and make his leave to find the white woman provided Tobias had nothing further to say. 

[exit]

Thank you for the thread <'3 I figure closing this given how fast things are advancing is a good idea xD

IMPALA 

133 Posts
Ooc —
It was good that Collision was interested in visiting their sisters, that was the kind of relationship needed to strengthen the bond between the two packs. He couldn't blame the man for questioning the laws set here, it was different from many of the packs he had visited too, but who was he to judge? Change could be good after all. As Collision pulled away to leave he'd return the thanks and give a nod of his own as he watches him go. Silently he hoped that his declaration meant he had decided to stay in the vale, the could benefit from another set of paws, but that was between Collision and Reiko. For now the cowboy would carry on until their paths crossed again.