Tuktu Weir Search for your crimson, it will be your guide
Yao didn't know where he was going.

Understatement of the century, really. He had no clear intentions on anything when he left his home other than to find glory and earn some battle-scars. The wars that his family and tribe had fought before (and during!) his birth had paved a haven of peace and prosperity for miles around his home. He had to travel far before he found any sign of trouble and even then, it was little more than skirmishes between small family packs. Nothing that a mercenary could hope to benefit from. 

Perhaps he was looking in all the wrong places. There were bound to be places like home — hot spots of wolf life, various packs and clans and factions. There had to be. It just made sense. 

He was finding none of that here, not yet. But he had only just arrived. There was sure to be something of interest, worthy of a warrior's attention.
CommonKiswahili
Current Location  — Neverwinter Forest
Fighting/Sparring Methods
44 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Once upon a time, Artax had roamed these lands. Since then, he'd been elsewhere. Where he had been was really unimportant, as well as the what he'd been doing. He was coming up on six years in this world, and for whatever reason, he found himself back here in the Teekon Wilds.

When Jorma spotted a wolf up ahead, he woofed to gain the stranger's attention.
wrapping up threads
on account of being dead
A wolf called his attention, and Yao was struck by how much this foreigner looked like one of his family members. The smell and pace were all wrong, though, but the appearance was uncanny. He knew that the words of respect that he normally gave to an elder would ring on deaf, confused ears here. It felt strange for him not to say them. He simply bowed his head instead, woofing softly in response, waiting for the other male to take the first step in the conversation.
CommonKiswahili
44 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
It seemed as though the wolf recognized him for a hot second, and Artax squinted, wondering if he should recognize the wolf who bowed his head. But the expression was fleeting, and Artax assumed it had only been a mistake. Or he was being played a fool, and he had been recognized by this guy. That sounded way too confusing to deal with, so he settled on the former explanation.

Hey there, he greeted, tail waving gently from side to side. He didn't really have any direction to go with the conversation, so he threw out a wildcard instead. Wanna help me scare up some grub? I bet we could find some rabbits around here.
wrapping up threads
on account of being dead
Hunting. The great equalizer (for wolves). He nodded, a smile crossing his face. Sure. My name is Haoniyao. he said, assuming that the other wolf would also introduce himself. Are there many rabbits around here? he'd been used to rabbits living in more open land than this, though the little lagomorphs had proven to be adaptable.
CommonKiswahili
44 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
This punk had the audacity to ask if there were rabbits around here. Truthfully, Artax didn't know. But weren't rabbits everywhere? Listen, H, no way he was going to try and pronounce that doozy of a name, I don't know if there are rabbits around here, but I wouldn't have asked if it we didn't have some good chances. So, you in? he asked again. Artax didn't want to deal with somebody second-guessing him every step of the way. He was too old for that shit.
wrapping up threads
on account of being dead