Whitefish River And the whole wide world is whistling
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 
for @Howl <3

She couldn't be happier that Spring was finally here. Once She had finally tore herself away from Emrik, she realized just how much work needed to be done, especially if she were going to have pups in the summer. It was too soon to tell just yet, but she already felt the urgency to make sure everything was in order. He first stop was at a place near the edge of the water where she had found Marigolds already this year. 

She found the spot easily and quickly got to work, plucking the plants and making a pile near the water. She tried to only collect a small amount each time, and what she had found was helpful. But she knew that soon, she would need to search for more things outside the territory. The thought made her kind of anxious. She still had no idea how diligent Moonspear was being in their search for her and if she was pregnant, she needed to be extra careful. But the pack needed their medic to be prepared too. So her plan was to ask Emrik and one of the pack's mercenaries to accompany her on a few herb collecting trips. She wasn't sure how Emrik would feel about it, but it was something she needed to do. 

Today, she could relax, though. She found plenty right here within the safety of the borders, and she quickly let herself get lost in her work.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
At a leisurely trot, he made his way towards the river, wanting to refresh himself after this morning's patrol. As he approached the water's edge he heard some light snapping and rustling ahead. He wasn't quite sure what it was till he came across a smaller female head down in some foliage. Along the bank of the water was a small pile of flowers yellow and orange in color with a puffed top. He made a light chuff of his voice to make his presence known then gestured to the flowers asking "Medicinal, edible or simply beautiful?"
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy was focused on her task and didn't notice that she had company until he spoke. She lifted her head from where she had been working, plants held between her teeth. She smiled around her mouthful and took the few steps to her pile, dropping the flowers on top of the others. Medicinal, she answered. I use them to treat and prevent infection, she explained. Then she walked over to stand in front of him. He was taller than she was, but that was pretty common for her. She smiled and dipped her head. I'm Speedy, she offered. He was one of their newer members, and she hadn't really learned much about him yet, so she was excited to do so now.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Really sorry for the late reply. Finals week and RL stuff

His question was meet with a cheerful grin filled with more eye-catching foliage. He stepped to the side to allow her easier access to her pile and smiled towards her as she approached. She dipped her head and introduced herself. Replicating Howl bowed his head, making sure it reached below her own "And I am Howl Miss. A pleasure to meet you." He kept his head low and only raised it as he asked: "I take it you are the pack's medic then?" A critic member of any pack.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
no need to apologize <3

She smiled warmly at his introduction, dipping her head in return. It's nice to meet you, Howl, the healer offered. To his assumption, she nodded, her smile growing. I am, she confirmed. She picked up a mouthful of flowers and added them to her pile. Then she looked back to her new packmate. They're called Marigolds, she said, pointing her muzzle to the orange-gold flowers. I use them quite often, Speedy explained further. They grow in large amounts her, thankfully, so I try to stock up on them before winter. She had a feeling she would probably overcompensate this spring with what happened last year still fresh in her memory. She knew things would most likely not be as bad, but it was hard to forget how worried she had been all winter with such a small herb supply. 

She turned back to Howl. And what about you? she asked curiously. Do you like plants? Or exploring? she looked him over, noting his tall, muscular form. Or fighting perhaps? she suggested. Any would be beneficial to the pack.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
After confirming his assumption she went on to describe the purpose of the herb she was collecting. The conversation then turned to his interests in flower, or if he had any others. "I like flowers as much as the next wolf" he said with a polite shrug. "But I have more experience in scouting... and yes, experience in protecting" he clarified. He enjoyed a spar here and there but he usually wasn't the one to start a fight or engage in one unless there was something to protect by doing so. "Ira let me know, however, that a more domestic role would be appreciated. So I'm going to do my best with that for now" he further explained. Getting to know him was likely part of her question, but knowing what role he was serving or when she might need to go to him was likely another part.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
It was no surprise to her that his love was not for plants; it wasn't for most wolves. Speedy nodded, a smile still present on her face. My mate, Emrik is a scout. If you haven't met him yet, you should, she offered. Maybe you guys could scout together? the healer suggested, although she was sure her husband didn't need her help making friends. Still, she couldn't help but to say something. Protecting is important, she added next, not missing the emphasis he put on the word. Especially if we have pups in the next few months. 

And when he mentioned a more domestic role, she looked at him curiously. And what does that role look like for you? He hadn't completely turned down the topic of plants, so maybe he was looking to help there?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Sorry for my late reply. Always something. We can finish up if that's easier for you.

Howl had remembered meeting the ladies friendly mate but remembered the reason he had to leave. To avoid getting in trouble with a said miss for being away from the den. Not sure to what extent Emrik was being serious Howl decided to just nod along not going away to either notion. He didn't want to cause bickering over something too small.

"For now... introductions. Then once others get to know me and I them, just some conversations. Offering my ear and wisdom to those who feel they need it," he explains with humble regards to whatever wisdom he may have picked up among the years. "Your paws must be pretty full though. As you mentioned, pups are coming."
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
I'm fine with whatever honestly. i don't mind waiting but if it's easier for you, we can def wrap up

Speedy nodded. Sounds like a good plan, she told him. I like to offer support and wisdom to others too, so I totally understand that calling. She smiled and her tail waved behind her. She always like meeting fellow healers—those of body or mind. 

She laughed softly at his next comment and nodded. Yes, definitely, but I don't mind. She never minded helping anyone who needed her. She motioned to her plants. I've been trying to stock up while I can before things get too crazy, she explained.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Speedy had amassed a large pile of plants at her side. The Marigolds she mentioned. Each one seemed to be plucked at a specific height was great care and precision. But there were also of them. He didn't know much about flowers but he was willing to try and help as much as he could if needed. "Would you like some help gathering of carrying them back to someplace?" he offered.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
I would love some help, she told him brightly. She was done collecting plants for the day anyway, and his help would save her a second trip. She separated the plants into two piles and then nudge one towards him. 

Come on, I'll show you where my herb den is. Then she picked up her own pile gently between her teeth and headed in the direction of where her plants were all stored. 

feel free to post again or archive
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It was a small task, carrying herbs back to a den, but it was the first step. It wouldn't take much effort to do, but it would be a way to further show Speedly that Howl was a helpful individual, and a friendly one. Hopefully if needed she would not feel more comfortable asking for his help. As for Howl's other benefits, he would know where to go in case he or others needed some medicinal aid.

He smiled in her direction and gently picked up the pile of herbs she designated for him and followed her lead to the den.