Whitewater Gorge some memories so warm
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Private 
Patchy snow falls over the Wilds, and Evergreen is… well, overwhelmed. This whole transition into realization of true parenthood has left him in a bit of a panic, let alone how it is gradually affecting Ira, who has bouts of nausea out of seemingly nowhere.
He thinks first of Speedy, but seeing as she is in a similar boat the bearish Count’s mind whirls in various directions until he lands on @Aibreann. She’s a healer, she helped him out before, and was kind… she probably knows about this all, right?
So he travels along the winding river of his realm, slipping into the territory that borders the gorge and hot springs. He just isn’t willing to put up with the stench again, sorry Aibreann. His big nose thanks him. There, he paces for a few beats before he gathers the courage to howl for her.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She isn't far when Evergreen calls for her. She's searching for herbs, though she hasn't had any luck yet — so the distraction is welcome. Her tail sways when she spots him, and she smiles as she greets him. Evergreen. What do you need? Her words are direct, but warm, a slightly friendlier version of her typical straightforwardness.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Fortunately it isn’t long before he sees the healer—relief and an anxious ramble sit on the edge of the bearish boy’s tongue.
Aibreann! Uh, thank you for answering, uhm. You’re a healer, so I thought maybe you were familiar with uh…. pregnancies? And pups. It’s… it’s the first time I’m going to be a… dad. And we have a medic in Kaistleoki, but she’s also gonna be a mom— He rushes out too much information at once.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She listens to his rambling patiently, waiting until he seems finished to start her own response. I am a healer, though not all of us have knowledge of things such as pregnancy and childbirth, She answers gently, almost businesslike in her explanation and lacking any condescension. Midwives are trained in these matters; I happen to be a midwife myself. I can answer any questions you have. Parenthood is a big step — one I expect to take myself this year. There is much to learn and keep in mind. She smiles again, meant to be reassuring despite the weight to her words.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Although Evergreen understands there are branches to the caregiver tree—being the lead of a trade-oriented pack—it is new to him to learn the exact details of the speciality; midwife a new one that he would spend more time dwelling on, if not for the state of mind he is currently in.
Thank you! It would be a mess if Aibreann didn’t know—her patient mannerism is a mirror towards his mother, Oki, and it soothes him somewhat. And uh, congrats? But, uh, yeah… what… what should I look out for? The, uh, mother seems to be… nauseous sometimes, is that normal? Should I worry? And uhm, what can I do to help?
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She nods, patient with the questions from one obviously entirely ignorant to pregnancy. The words the mother only give her pause for a moment, before she remembers the male she'd assumed to be Evergreen's other half. It makes sense. Nausea is normal; expected, even. As long as it isn't keeping her from eating properly, she'll be fine. There are herbs that may help. I can bring some to you, if you'd like, but they aren't always effective. There isn't much else that can be done. Try not to be too distressed over it — you may cause her additional stress. That should be avoided. Excessive stress or improper self-care can turn a pregnancy dangerous for mother and pups.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He nods along, would have been scribbling notes in a book if he had the ability to. Instead, he tries to pay extra attention to remember the wealthy knowledge Aibreann shares with him.
Oh, uh, right. Didn’t think of that. If he’s stressed… and makes Ira nervous, yeah, he can see how that’d end up poorly. The herbs would be, uh, awesome, if you have any to spare. But we do have a healer as I mentioned so, might be okay on them. I could… double check? Would Speedy be offended? Ugh, he doesn’t know. His brain feels scrambled.
What about, uhm… when they’re… here? Are there any common signs that I should look for that scream danger? He doesn’t want to miss any symptoms of a sick or injured puppy when they can’t talk and explain what’s going on.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She nods to his first question, then turns her focus to his second. Lethargic pups, or those who aren't eating would be the most obvious examples. Any sign of illness should be taken seriously in a young child, but again, try not to stress too much. Children are fragile, but not as fragile as many think; they heal quickly, and with fewer lasting effects. Just watch their behavior, and pay attention to changes; your medic should be able to handle things from there. It will come more naturally than it seems, once they've arrived.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Makes sense, and now he feels a bit more prepared for the whole thing—although he doubts he’ll ever truly feel ready for it all. Still, that hidden worry lingers; what if he doesn’t notice in time? But the reminder that he isn’t alone in this shines through, he has Winterbourne, Ira, and Speedy to help with it all.
Thanks, Aibreann. This… this helps a lot. His grin broadens briefly. Is there, uh, anything I can do to repay you?
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
Her own expression is warm, happy that she'd been able to help in some way. She shakes her head at his offer. I appreciate it, but I don't need anything — or... perhaps in the form of another visit? A new friend would be ample repayment, Evergreen's company is pleasant, and she could use some new friends. Things have been a bit lonely with only herself, her plans, and Mal — and she can't help feeling she needs to maintain a certain distance with her packmates.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Oh. Evergreen’s cheeks warm with surprise—embarrassed and giddy all the same. It’s been awhile since he’s made a new friend. Of course he tries to keep close to his packmates, but feels in similar vein to Aibreann. He has to make sure he seems sharp in front of them; trustworthy enough to lead. He’d scratch the back of his head in an “aw shucks” fashion, alas he settles for the smile.
Uh, yeah, of course. I’d like that, too. Is… uh, callin’ okay? You’re always welcome to howl for me, too, or uh, come visit Kaistleoki if you ever need to wander away for a moment. He can imagine sometimes it’s necessary to get a fresh breath of air.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She smiles when he agrees, showing more emotion than is typical of her for a moment. Yes, it is. That sounds wonderful, She says, already making vague plans for her trip to Kaistleoki. It'll have to be soon, before her heat comes. You're welcome to look for me at the borders of Neverwinter Forest, as well. I won't be able to travel much in the coming weeks, and I'm certain Mal wouldn't mind.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Nice. Suddenly Evergreen feels a lot better about everything; knowledge tucked under his elbow and a new friend made, it’s been a pretty successful adventure for how impulsive it’d been. Thank goodness Aibreann is a saint.
Awesome! Uh, I’ll do so soon, to… check on you, and I gotta talk with, uh, Mal soon anyway. With the whole promise of meeting up with the pack leader from their previous meeting… Eve got a bit distracted with everything going on, okay?
I’ll… see you soon? He shifts, always awkward with goodbyes, but he waits for confirmation before he turns the way he came with a bounce in his step.
101 Posts
Ooc — suledin
She nods in agreement, tail wagging behind her. See you soon. Have a safe journey back home, Evergreen, With that, she turns to leave, intending on getting back to her prior task: herb gathering.