Hushed Willows i will remember your life
my power they'll never take
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
@Lumiya — she isn't really leaving ofc :,)

The sunken faerie grudgingly dragged herself through the willows, her eyes looking grayer then before, as if a thundering storm gathered, raging — in her delicate iris as the eye of the storm. The now lonesome Aoibh remained solemn since her falling out with Lumiya, their clashing numbing her will. She was still infinitely bothered to be ruled over by a child . . . but Lumiya was already becoming of age, and was much more qualified than she, anyone really. The question still poked at her as she woke every morning since then, why couldn't she be as such? Not prissy nor too awfully authoritative, but possess the quality of a leader, why not be adored the same way her sister had in all other's eyes? The old court held no hope for her, not because her deisres and taste, but her firery soul overall. It was even difficult to compete with Orlaith, of all faeries.

It seemed like a waste of time, to try to fix what what already terribly broken. That being her welcome in the glade of willows. As the crimson sun rose over the illuminated horizon line, it's orange powers lured her to follow, to rune where the sun was and perhaps find her answer. It felt so wrong to leave her sister, but Deidra had no qualms with herself, and she did not need to contemplate the demons as her sister had to do. Watching the sky made her nervous, as if fumbling over the first corpse ever caught be a new hunter, disgusted at the crooked mouth of the animal they ahd taken life from. Any longer she lingered, and guilt would proceed to taint her day to day. One step and touch the light, another . . . 
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Lumiya was conflicted more than anything about her falling out with Aoibh some time ago. She felt like she had reacted too harshly, even if every word she'd spoken was true. She understood her points, but they were nothing more than petty - if she had the skills of a leader, a decent one, who would care about her age? She'd turned a year old not too long ago, and she was working hard for her place in the world and for her place in the court. Still, it seemed there was more to it for Aoibh... Was there some secret hidden past she had no clue about?

It wasn't fair to say she was tracking her down; she was doing her chores as usual, not looking for anyone in particular. Neither was she avoiding the hurt fire faerie. As much as she'd want to, she knew she couldn't escape her problems and therefore rarely tried to. She knew the other would come around, or so she hoped.

Going out for a hunt? The queen asked the faerie upon spotting her near the border. What other reason could there be for leaving their forest, save for scouting or... Something she'd rather not think about at the moment. Her form was casual, her speech the normal formal tone.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Of course, the queen had to be present;
as if their qualms did not still the air around her enough these past suns. The ardent faerie sniffed and cocked her head away before their eyes could lay unto each other, their opposing needs best not faced wit each other again. Honestly, did that bird of hers have eyes everywhere? Perhaps that's what fueled her self-assurance, a spy among the Court's branches to keep savages like herself in check. The night still lingered in the sky, casting diffuse grey in the forest. Yet, the sun still kissed Lumiya's face to welcome her. Nature favored her itself.

❝ What? Have ye come to console me? ❞ she growled, showing her backside. ❝ It's as if yer looking to squabble. ❞ Besides the fact they diagreed on every front and were polar opposites, Aoibh was already embarrassed for her passionate outburst and her rushed exit to the safety of the willows. Of course, it could only fuel Lumiya more. 
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
It seemed that neither faerie was who the other thought they were. Loinnir stretched his wings atop her back, seemingly unbothered by the stillness of the air and the coldness of their meeting. Even if the white bird was the spy Aoibh thought he might be, there was no way for Lumi to question just what he had seen. The bird did not speak to her, or perhaps she simply didn't understand his language. It was much like trying to understand the fire faerie.

Not quite. She answered gently. I merely thought you might wanted some company if you are going out. She stated with a smile. Even if she were talking to the rear end of the fire faerie, she couldn't help it. Nature urged her to be kind and accepting, and she hadn't been it before to Aoibh. It seemed like she was trying to make up.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Aoibh searched — taking a footnote of the shift of her muscles when she smiles, or the rise and dip of her chest ... but the self-proclaimed huntress could not read this animal. Maybe she could not understand her own kind, even. This made he flabbergasted. Sniffing and flicking her ear, Aoibh gathered her breath, as if it drooped ripe from clouds. Aoibh never speaks her true, true mind. Feelings are a weakness. But at this point, after quarreling with her heart and her past court, she he knew she'd have to dedicate herself to Seelie one day or another. 

"I'll make this short, and don't dare say I said this too you," she grumbled firstly, her face only two inches distanced from Lumiya's sweet breath. "But ... I apologize for my ... snapping at you. I was acting childish. There you have it," she wrinkled her nose, her eyes avoiding the queen faeries'. She didn't know Lumiya that well, so she could predict her reaction. Yet, she didn't expect her to be as good of a charity to apologize back. At least it was over.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Though she kept still and calm as the fire roared in her ears and nearly burned the hairs on her chin, she thought she'd done it for real. Aoibh was so mad at her that she had decided to leave, or so she thought 'till she continued. Instead of the harsh words the fae was expecting, it was an apology that came spilling from the flames resembling liquid gold. Though her eyes avoided the mismatched ones of the queen, Lumi could tell she meant what she had said and took a breath of relief.

You weren't wrong in saying I was young — perhaps I am insecure about my age, but I have nothing but good intentions for this court I decided to establish. Conviction was ripe in her voice, determination spilling from every fiber of her being. I, too, apologize for taking those insecurities out on you. It was good of you to speak your mind, though perhaps next time it can be done without us having to fight...
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The barbaric huntress could only take Lumiya's word with a granule of salt. She wasn't all to sure she could live up to the status as an advocate of her royal policy, at least not publicly. The little owl still made her incredulous — but no matter. The woman simply nodded towards the sunset. "I'll be leaving sometime soon, just to visit a friend," she murmured. "She lives on an island, so it'll be a a day or two journey if I hurry. Just wanted to let you know since we're doing this ... cooperative business now."
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Lumiya was relieved to have settled things with the fiery faerie. She could be no more different from Deidra, the way the eternal flame roared inside her heart. Her sister was a dreamer, it seemed Aoibh was a realist. Of course Lumi sided more so with the dreamers, she was a dreamer too, but as their queen she needed to be more grounded. Perhaps Aoibh could be that chain to reality before her ambitions got ahead of her.

Her ears perked at the announcement shared next. A friend on an island... how mystical. The fae smiled. Alright - make sure you come home safe. She warned, only slightly worried. - And make a good first impression for the faeries of the court, perhaps an alliance can be formed to ensure frequent trips to this friend of yours. She added with a playful wink.
44 Posts
Ooc —
Away
"sounds  like  an  exquisite  deal  to  me," the faerie hums. she hadn't been all too involved in the politics concerning the court, but when have those ever interested her. she didn't know if allies along the coast would be beneficial besides inland and ocean item trades. well, trades and the trade of heart. aoibh glanced at the resting light on the horizon line and brushed past lumiya. "i'll  make  a  date to  leave  officially  then.  just  know  politics  are  not my  strong  suit." 

the fiery witch retreated deeper into the shadows of the willows, they seemed to be her best friend nowadays. soon she couldn't wait to feel the silken lips and touch of the sea serpent. it'd be hard to remember any of her bestowed ambassador duties. should she bring flowers? all dates bring flowers, of course she should bring flowers (or maybe sea wolves prefer crab delights?). her mind pranced on a rainbow of cheeky delight as she hummed an irish tune away, away ...
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Feel free to archive and/or post one last time <3

Though she thought the suggestion to be a little too forward, it landed well with Aoibh. Though a pack on an island far away would indeed be no help in something like a war, Lumi believed that the more allies they had, the better. She'd rather have them as acquaintances than neutrals, especially if Aoibh felt positive about them. Just make sure you're a decent guest. She assured. And have fun. She added, watching her pad towards the willows again.

Lumi herself let out a soft sigh, deciding then she'd make her rounds on the border now instead of later. She was here already anyway.