Sunbeam Lair and I told you to be fine
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
All Welcome 
@Goliath Rex (I'm so sorry for the delay on this!)

It was daring. 

How her heart drummed with the staccato of terror at the thought of him finding her. How her being trembled with it, as if her very matter would crumble to dust. 

Yet, the thrill of this - the knowledge that she was free to come and go, unbound - of freedom boldened her. There was an itch beneath her rosy flesh to see the sights of the blossoming world around her, to explore and discover. 

To dare. 

The irisvar comforted herself with the fact that she only left the Vale for the sake of her work: to find medicines for the wolves she'd been tasked to care for. 

Thus, with her sturdy badger pelt cast over her shoulders, the battered woman found herself journeying west into the region of Sunspire for the sake of healing. 

At the Lair's threshold, she dared once more. Silencing the echoes of tortured screams and pleas for mercy ringing through her skull, Awenfen shrugged off the vistage of Grinestone, stepping into the shadows.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
1 Posts
Ooc — Akando
Yellowstone had been Goliath's home for as long as he could remember. His family had been there for many generations; hell, Goliath was pretty sure at some point that his ancestors had ruled the entire forest, especially considering how infamous Caw was with the ladies.

Yellowstone had been his home.. until it wasn't. His home was gone, something fierce called a volcano ripped through the lands, taking everyone and everything in its path. Goliath had never seen such madness. Even stone and rock fell victim to the red ooze that came out, from the ground. 

Gray ash flakes clouded the skies, falling like rain. He couldn't risk going back without being trampled. He had to abandon everyone and everything he'd ever known and that alone was both heartbreaking and terrifying. So he'd run; running for many miles until he'd entered new, healthy forest of Sunspire. 

The first thing he had to do was eat, though. Something to drink would be nice, also, but that came with the territory, depending on how juicy the meat was. Nostrils flared, ears perking forward as he came upon what looked like a badger. That would do, right? It didn't smell like a badger, though, but that was most definitely a badger coat! Ah well, food was food, right? For now, and mostly because he wasn't familiar with these forests, he'd follow the thing. Maybe it would lead him to more tasty badgers?!
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
so sorry for the wait!

Suddenly, the fae halted - head drawing up alertly as her fluffy auds perked forward, listening intently. Wary seelie eyes scanned her surroundings, profile shifting as she turned this way and that. 

Nothing seemed out of place amongst the moss and stones, yet, she couldn't quite shake the feeling of eyes roaming her skin. Tugging the hide closer about her frame with a few nips of her teeth, Awenfen lent into the wind whistling through the cavern and pressed on with haste. 

Scurrying onward with anxious steps, the midwife would not stop in her path again until locating a splendid growth of borage - reaching around to take the corner of the badger hide in her pale jaws once more, intending to pull it off with a slight flourish.
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."