Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
making an assumption based on his lw status <3

When Rosalyn returned, it was to find her son gone.  As she ran over their last conversation, uncharacteristically, she fretted over how she might have done things differently.  But what could she have done?  Begged for answers, or taken him by the scruff until he spoke.  He was no child any longer... and uncharitably, perhaps, she discredited his silence to immaturity.  If he could not overcome whatever demons plagued him then perhaps it was better he found his answers elsewhere.  

She wondered again if all of this was a reflection on herself... inopportune timing, seeing as the telltale nausea was again making itself known.  It seemed her time with Rosencrantz would bear results, for better or for worse.

She hasn't told him yet.  Quietly, in the early morning hours, she buried the meal she'd just thrown up beneath the softening spring earth, then made her way slowly to the stream for a drink to rinse the taste.  She should tell him... and Erzulie too.  Lowering her head, Rosalyn took a long drink, closing her eyes.  Last year she'd made the mistake of second guessing every step.  She wouldn't do so again.  This was a blessing, and despite the rough weeks to come, she knew now that the outcome would be well worth it.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The ache his shoulder was dulling, though the wounds themselves seemed loath to heal; deep and torn, it would likely take time and he would simply have to deal until then. Moving helped him to forget, working the muscles and skin to relieve tension. Part of him wanted to ask for help, to be bandaged up and sent on his way, but he refused himself the luxury. As far as he was concerned, he deserved this—he shouldn’t have fought his packmate, he shouldn’t have drawn blood. In doing so, he deserved exactly what he received.

Aningan was on his way to the borders when he crossed the stream, the freshwater luring him in. Suddenly aware of how dry his mouth was, he lapped at the surface until satisfied, then began following along the water’s edge—an act that led him to Rosalyn, who he wondered if knew what had happened. Swallowing his nerves, he made his way towards her with a soft chuff to catch her attention; he stood in such a way as to attempt to shield his marred shoulder from view. “Morning,” he greeted. “Out for a walk?” If he acted like everything was fine, then everything would be fine.
Characters are more than welcome to mistake Aningan for a polar bear.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
AHHH ty for joining, they needed an updateee

She didn't quite make it before being interrupted, but she continued towards the stream, glancing Aningan's way to show she'd heard.  Her path to him led to the water anyway, so she lowered her head for a quick drink before responding.  She didn't trust her voice until she had.  Gods, she had forgotten.

After a long draft, she lifted her head, then sighed audibly.  Just a drink.  Though I was thinking a walk would be nice.  She turned, looking to him fully, with a half smile.  They'll be sparing soon, I think.  Erzulie's children were due any day now, and when that happened, she'd likely be more denlocked than now.  She and her wife shared the burden of looking after the children, and she planned to allow Erzulie as much freedom as she needed to roam as well.  It was no different, even if this time their cycles would not align so well as last.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Just a drink, came her reply, and he briefly wondered if it would end there. But her words continued, ending instead with a comment he was puzzled by until the realisation dawned on him. “Will you be staying with Erzulie a lot?” he asked, curious of how it all worked. How long until they were both less to be seen? Considering the future further, Aningan tilted his head as a silent invitation was extended, before making to begin walking; if her chances to walk would soon be limited, then taking advantage of the current moment seemed ideal.

As he took a few steps, he was quiet—but it was short-lived. “Will I be staying with you two, also?” he asked, glancing her way. “To help with… them?” Could he help? And if so, how? Aningan could not remember the days when he had a father of his own, nor had he any figure of the sort to look back on. These were uncharted waters and he couldn’t help but feel as if each and every wave wished to drag him under.
A snowy owl can also be noted hanging around with Aningan, usually in the trees or sky, unless stated otherwise in my posts.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
I will.  Children require constant care when they are young; having two makes it easier.  She answered, pausing for a light stretch as he spoke the next.  She shot him a look, one with more than a little amusement, though she tempered it quickly as she saw the eagerness of it.  Sometimes she'd forget how young he was, and then he would say something like this.

No.  But she will need food, and they'll need protection.  They'd not share their den with Aningan, but when the pups were older, she no longer cared what his role was to them.  If he wished to claim the place of father, she'd say nothing to argue.
303 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
She confirmed what he suspected, to which he nodded slowly. They needed constant care—so both Erzulie and Rosalyn would be there to provide them with it. “When will you two be able to leave them?” he asked. “How long does it take them to be able to move around?” These were things Aningan did not know, having not been around puppies before. He could not remember that far back for himself, unable to pinpoint exactly when it was that he started doing things such as walking and talking. Ah, talking! “How long does it take them to talk?” came another question. Maybe he could tell them stories—about Rusalka and the sea.

“I can bring food,” he said, eager to help. “And I’ll make sure they’re always safe! I want us all to be safe.” Bringing food and keeping the puppies safe—it sounded simple enough! At least until they were older and curiosity grew.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
He was full of questions, and Rosalyn was no expert.  Before last year she'd neither been around nor had interest in children, and to be completely honest, she didn't fully remember all of the milestones.  Time had gotten away from her.  Some days it seemed like only yesterday, others it felt like years.

About a month, I think, to truly move outside.  Talking varies.  It was the best answer she could give.  But until they can hunt for themselves, they'll need the pack around them.  And hopefully... she trailed off, then gave a slight shrug.  Not all stayed, obviously.

It was good to hear he would help.  He sounded so eager that she relented.  I'm sure they'd appreciate visits as well.  It wasn't as if she and Erzulie would keep them isolated, and every so often, a break in the watch was nice.  She trusted Aningan would do them no harm.