Seaside Moors Panic on the brain
163 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Almost overnight, a change came over Nieve. With the birth of her baby siblings, ferocity bloomed where timidity reigned the day prior. Uncertainty made way for powerful conviction to nestle in her bosom. By the time the sun was in the sky, she'd already rounded half the territory, soaking the fringes in urine.

Time to shape up. There was no longer time for worry or trepidation. No time to balk at the seemingly insurmountable mountain of work ahead of the remaining fit Rusalkan wolves. Now was the time for decisive action. To protect them all, not just the vulnerable newborns. That was why she broke from the borders, bladder empty, to search for @Rosencrantz with purposeful strides.

No obligation to join, but it's been a while and I'd love them to get to know one another better, and Nieve has ideas!
and i've found that in every man there's a child
Babe, there's something wretched about this
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Tirelessly he wandered the borders, pads raw and numb from restless patrols that kept him up day and night after Erzulie had brought new life into the pack. He didn't dare meet the puppies as most of Rusalka had, no, even as the signs beckoned him to greet them - he remained steadfast and doubled his vigil as everyone else made their way to welcome the puppies that the Beta and Alpha had produced together. He was tired but restless, incapable of sitting still - and in those mindless, growing more aggressive as the days ticked on without sleep, reminded of the gifts needing protection, Nieve crossed his path.

I was hoping they'd thread too!! thank you for making one! <3
New Threads: closed
163 Posts
Ooc —
Their stalwart guardian wasn't difficult to find. The man had very nearly worn a rut in the ground all the way around Rusalka's claim, so frequent and tireless were his patrols, and he could be found there again today. Part of Nieve worried that he was going to run himself into the ground, but the other part recognized that they really had no choice. Erzulie was down for the count, Raleska was too pregnant to take risks, and Aningan wasn't the most present of wolves at the best of times, so that left precious few to man the fort.
Rosencrantz! she called out, hoping he was in the mood to talk with her. They didn't have much of a relationship but at least she was old enough now not to flinch at the sight of his ruined muzzle. She hoped he didn't hold her initial reaction against her. Do you have time to talk a bit?
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
Turning as his name was called out just to see Nieve approaching, he calmly gazed at the quickly growing young lady - who should probably be done growing by now he assumed - and offered a nod to accept her request in talking. Of course. But to be certain, he voiced it and patiently waited to hear what the little lady had to talk about. So much had been going on within the lands, so many rounded bellies, old faces going, new ones joining. What could she want with him of all the other wolves within the borders? He was curious to hear more...
163 Posts
Ooc —
Nieve drew level with Rosencrantz, then continued walking, hoping he would join her. Sometimes it was nice to walk and talk at the same time. Nieve found it easier to keep her mind from wandering when her feet were doing it for her, which helped immensely with the anxiety she sometimes felt. And what she had to talk about wasn't the happiest of subjects, so the distraction was most welcome.

I was wondering if you'd cut a deal with me? she began, glancing sidelong at the man. I'm a real poor hunter and I'm worried there won't be enough food to go around. Are you any good? Would you mind trading border duty and hunting duty with me sometimes? Even if it was only a few times, if he was a stronger hunter than her, it would benefit the pack in the long run.

I also kinda wanted to talk about Aningan...
477 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Away
To cut a deal with Nieve? Instantly he was curious of it all, what kind of deal she could likely have to offer him but he would listen. She was getting older now after all, and beyond the year of being a pup to guard over and soon will be a guardian to Rusalka herself. He had to treat her as such now, and respect what thoughts might be forming in her pretty young head. The youth had more to offer than some might realize, fresh ideas. 

I don't hunt much... He admitted slowly, feeling ashamed of it. Poor depth perception. He had managed thus far by being in a pack, eating what he can including carrion while out and about beyond the borders, and he had gotten used to it in close combat, but hunting was something different. I suppose, I can try. Offering a smile, he would give it the old college go instead of flat out refusing it. A change of pace may be nice after all.

What about Aningan? At this his gaze hardened. Rosencrantz was already not the biggest fan of the Alpha, and now Nieve had something to add. He could only hope it was something good, he needed good news to have any faith in the man they called Alpha.