Nova Peak When you skip steps on the way up
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Private 
The aspiring Queen's mind had been turning as spring turned warmer and summer crept upon them.  The mountain was still cool, but it was as empty as ever, and she was now convinced that this course was not the correct one to hold.

She had a plan... and now she just needed to consult @Yami.  She set out looking for her friend on the mountain, (where I'm assuming she is, though that Moonspear thread could go any number of ways).  She could have called, but for once, she wasn't keen on anyone interrupting.  For this to work, Kiwi would need to keep her friends close.  Yami was the only one she could trust to pull this off with her.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
By the time Yami had recognized her season was upon her, it had nearly passed. She had been fortunate to not have come across the paths of any males that would've tried to take advantage of her, and she'd had enough self control to not go seeking any either. She'd never really considered the possibility of becoming a parent one day, but it didn't take her more than three seconds to decide there was no chance in hell that she wanted that for herself. She was determined now that she'd recognize the signs next year for what they were and would do everything in her power to avoid the risks. No tiny leeches for her, thank you.

With that behind her, it gave her the clarity to reflect on other things about her situation. She hadn't lost the notion that this semi-solitary life on the mountain was waning in its charm, but she still hadn't determined how to broach the subject with Kiwi, or if she should at all. Her friend was headstrong and determined. Yami could be the same, but she simply didn't feel that passionately about anything, so it was easy for her to defer to Kiwi's wishes on what the road ahead for them looked like.

Speaking of Kiwi.

Yami's ears twitched as she heard movement nearby. She opened her eyes slowly and gave a few bleary-eyed blinks out at the mountainside that stretched out before her, focusing hazily on a red blur that she was pretty sure was Kiwi. She'd been sunning herself and enjoying the day's warmth and had gone ahead and dozed off. Her muzzle split into a wide yawn as she lifted her head from the ground and rolled from her side onto her stomach, figuring the red blur would be coming nearer and want to chat.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She found her fairly quicky, which was good.  She had quite a bit to work through with her and it was making her buzz a little with anticipation; searching would likely have turned some of that to frustration.

Hey.  I've been thinking.  She said without too much worry of interrupting.  This isn't working.  She waved a paw, but as she continued a smile spread across her face.  But recruiting kind of sucks anyway.  So why don't we just find a pack and take it instead?  It was clear from the energy around her she was stoked on the idea.... and she was hoping that Yami would appreciate it too.  There was so much less work involved, and she could turn a pack to her will easy.  In fact... she already had a mark in mind.  What do you think?
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami's jaws split into a wide jaw as Kiwi broke into conversation. There was a buzzing in her ears as she shut her mouth and pinned her friend with a curious, surprised look. Had she just heard that right? She was quiet, calculating as Kiwi continued to announce a plan that left Yami feeling... mildly alarmed.

She knew her friend was a leader. Kiwi was bold, smart, cunning and powerful in her own right. She was the kind of wolf an alpha ought to be, and prior to this particular moment, Yami had been certain she would follow her friend down whatever path she lead. But this... Yami had a flashback to her travels with Firefly, the day he'd attacked and nearly killed the alpha of the pack down the coast. Starting a pack was one thing, but to take one? Yami had learned that day that she apparently had a line.

She hadn't crossed it then, and now Kiwi wanted to lead her back to it. Would she cross it this time? For her? Yami frowned, trying to be careful about how she chose her words. "I'm not... opposed to joining an established pack..." she began, her ears falling back, "But taking one? How would that even work?" She thought of Firefly's attempt to kill that man. He was a perfect stranger, and he'd nearly died simply because Firefly had decided he wanted what the alpha had. She hadn't stuck around to see where that had gotten him, but she imagined it hadn't ended well.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Her reaction wasn't exactly as enthusiastic as Kiwi had hoped, but she wasn't saying no.  This wasn't something that she'd thought about in depth, but she really couldn't know yet.  It'll depend on the pack, she said, thinking back on the one she'd seen.  This one had a girl who looked like she might be one of the leaders, but she couldn't even talk.  How hard could it be to convince her followers I'd be a better choice than that?  Knock her down a peg too, Kiwi thought, thinking of how that interaction had ended with no small amount of spite.

All I have to do is get them on my side.  Whatever that takes.  She wasn't interested in seizing a pack by force.  She would show them why she deserved it... even if that meant turning them against those who didn't.  It didn't need to be honest, but it needed to be clear.

Unless you had an idea? She asked, opening the floor.  Kiwi wasn't interested in no... her mind was made up that this was the thing to do.  But suggestions, now that she could handle.
232 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Yami felt somewhat relieved as her friend explained her intentions further. It was at least more planned out than Firefly's attempt to usurp, which had been done seemingly on a whim. It was also a non-violent approach. It was joining a pack, building trust, then taking a position earned as well as deserved. She considered this for a moment before she replied, trying to make herself more okay with the plan. She knew, though, that there likely wasn't an option to not be okay with this. Not one that kept her at Kiwi's side, anyway.

"That sounds... okay," she replied, slowly, "Just as long as we don't like, race in, kill whoever the pack's leader is and expect everyone to cheer and happily fall in line. I wouldn't want to be in a pack with wolves that responded like that to their alpha getting murdered out of the blue." Like that guy, whoever he'd been. Yami felt her hackles prickle at the memory, and wondered for the billionth time in her life what had ever happened to Firefly after she'd left him that day.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
No, she replied, though she was thoughtful when she said it.  That wouldn't be smart.  She disagreed - if she killed the alpha, then he obviously wasn't strong enough to deserve his place.  But weak wolves with attachments would respond with vengeance, she was sure.  Just like the Firebirds when she'd attacked Colt.  

She didn't like the hesitancy, or the qualifiers, but she would take the agreement.  That was why she was taking the lead, right?  She had the strength to do what others wouldn't, and the insight to see what really mattered.  She couldn't trust anyone else to ever really understand her.  Besides, we shouldn't even have to.  It'll be obvious enough when we join.  We'll just have to play along for a while.