Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
While her mother patrolled (and tried not to think dirty thoughts about Arcturus), Meerkat hung out at the rendezvous site. Various wolves came and went throughout the morning and early afternoon, including a brief lunchtime appearance by @Phox and a tasty dead rabbit.

She was still gnawing on the bones when her eyes flicked up to behold @Bronco hovering nearby. Meerkat dropped her chew toy and jumped to her feet as she yelled, -"BRONCO!"- Finally, she had learned to pronounce his name correctly. She had also perfected his name sign, if she said so herself!
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He probably should have known better than to wander toward the Rendez-vous site. Having not been paying attention, he'd meandered away from the borders, lazily shirking his duties for the afternoon and deciding that he might try and figure out his den a bit more, or something. Patrolling the borders without leaving in search of Fennec and Penn was getting more difficult each day. At the same time, he both dreaded their return, but also couldn't stand for their little trip to go on day after day. Like Towhee, he was trying to keep his (much less dirty) thoughts from straying to his departed friend, but was having little success. 

He balked when he heard Meerkat shout his name- and looked up to see her without one of her parents around. This was normal- she was safe at the Rendez-vous site, and was old enough to have some time to herself, with all the adults out patrolling. He sniffed and had to crack a small, albeit weak smile when he saw her sign his name. Crazy little kid, he thought- and then an idea hit him. 

"It's not -Bronco-" He said, his voice darkening. He shook his head suddenly, and when he fixed his gaze on Meerkat again, it was with a wicked grin, and furrowed brow. He lifted his tail and did his best to prickle all the fur along his shoulders and up his nape to make himself look even bigger. "It's -Broncosaurus-" He said, coming up with a new sign on the spot (which still looked somewhat horse-like...As it involved rearing up onto his hind legs and pawing at the air with his front paws) and once he hit the ground again, he crouched. "And Broncosaurus is hunnnnnngry," He said, and with the best dinosaur roar he could manage (which probably ended up sounding something like a Towhee howl), he began to charge toward his victim.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Just when she thought she'd nailed it, Bronco shot her out of the sky. Meerkat's smile promptly faded as she came to a stop directly in front of her older brother, her expression growing uncertain as he postured. It reminded her of Arcturus's display of fierceness a few days ago. As it turned out, this demonstration was just as playful. She quickly cottoned onto the joke, her pale face breaking back into a grin as he jokingly threatened her right before charging.

She squealed in abject delight and spun just as quickly, trying to run from his attack. But she was nothing if not clumsy at this stage of her life, so she soon tripped over her own forelegs and went down hard, laughing the whole time.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
When Meerkat's delight subsided for even just a moment, Bronco nearly let his act down. It went directly against his nature to willingly frighten or even traumatize his younger sister- but fortunately, she wasn't nearly as sensitive as he'd dreaded, and with a screech that made him shudder, she took off laughing in delight. She didn't get far- and quickly went arse over tea kettle, but Bronco wasn't about to seize his kill just yet. His Mom had told him, after all, to 'run the legs off the kids. It makes them sleep better.' So this was his favour to Towhee. 

He pounced- but flew right over Meerkat, landing hard and sliding to a fumbly stop, kicking up a delightfully large dust cloud in the process. He lashed his head in anger, snapping at the air and bugled another horrible dinosaur roar in frustration, having missed his target. He snorted, pawed at the ground, lowered his head and charged at her again.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She gasped audibly when Bronco sprang right over her, kicking up quite a swirl of dust in the process. Now choking on her laughter, Meerkat fumbled back onto all fours even as he squared up to pounce again. When he began a second charge, her coughing giggles escalated into a scream and she tried to run again.

She didn't fall this time. Meerkat scooted away at breakneck speed, her tail between her legs even as her tongue lolled from her mouth in a delightedly wolfish grin. For several seconds, she maintained her graceful flight, though of course she turned to see if Bronco was catching up to her and tripped again.

This time, Meerkat flipped and wound up on her back, forelegs crooked to her chest even as she struggled to breathe after having the wind roughly knocked out of her.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Now that he had his little, brindled target on the run again, Bronco made a good show of it, huffing and puffing and roaring in a voice which sounded absolutely nothing like his own- and as he ran he lumbered, stomping his feet heavily against the ground. Given the fact that Meerkat was slower than he was, he was able to put on these theatrics whilst still giving chase, gnashing his jaws together and thrashing his head like some kind of feral beast. 

When Meerkat chanced a glance at him, he roared, sticking his tongue out and shaking his head wildly from side to side, sending spittle flying in every direction. It made him dizzy though, so he had to stop- and by the time he did, he had to pile on the brakes to avoid running right over Meerkat, who had tripped again and lay gasping on the ground. Dramatically, he flopped down onto one shoulder, landing heavily enough to cause himself to grunt, and came to a sliding stop just in time to reach out and grab Meerkat and pull her in toward his chest where he- oblivious to her distress- began to nibble at the fur of her nape with a hardly ferocious "OMNOMNOMNOMNOM"
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She rarely whined, though a thin one escaped her as she struggled to draw in breath. Meerkat felt the impact as Bronco slid to the ground beside her and her breath would've caught in her throat if it hadn't already. Fortunately, her lungs began to operate again as Bronco snacked on her scruff and Meerkat let out a giggle that was equal parts nervous and relieved.

Recovering more fully, she twisted in her brother's grip and swatted at his face. -"I'M NOT A FOOD!"- she admonished with a grin. Meerkat wriggled free and gave into the instinctive impulse to shake herself, sending up her own little dust cloud.

Trotting away from him, Meerkat's eyes scoured the grassy rendezvous site. When she found what she was looking for, she pounced it, snatching it off the ground. She carried the bone back toward Bronco, swinging it tauntingly near his face.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Post 300 for you <3

He tried to hang onto Meerkat as she writhed under his grasp, but the kid was getting bigger, and he wasn't nearly as easy to just grab a hold of her and keep her pinned. He wrinkled his nose as she batted at his muzzle, dramatically swinging his head from side to side as she did to make it seem like the little pats she gave him with her feet were more like punches. "Nyaarrrrrr," He groaned, and released her when she kicked up a cloud of dust that made him sneeze a total of seven times in a row. 

He shook his head and blinked, surprised by the efficiency of the dust attack, and grinned when she returned to him this time with a toy- a bone. "S'mine!" He claimed, and made to snap at the bone she held in her mouth, but purposefully missed. "I'm'unna get-it!" He threatened, and started snapping harmlessly at the air, trying to catch a hold of the bone she teased in front of him, waiting for her to bring it just close enough for him to grab.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
THIS IS SPARTA!!!

"It's mine!" Bronco declared and Meerkat froze for an instant before beginning to shake her head wildly. She loosed a playful growl, which actually sounded quite ferocious, and then made to dance away from him and out of reach of his snapping jaws.

Her back legs tangled together and she fell onto her bottom, the impact causing her mouth to open in a sort of oh! The bone fell onto the ground at her feet. Meerkat squeaked before diving for it.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He got one good, solid bonk on the nose with the bone, as Meerkat waved it around frantically, which did nothing but make him chuckle and shout "Narrr, mine!" Again as he continued to snap with sheathed teeth at the bone, until Meerkat suddenly pulled away to run. 

Bronco balked, when he saw Meerkat's feet tangle, and the kid was sent over backwards, flinging the bone into the air. His first intention was to wait just a second and make sure she was alright- but he was impressed. He had to give it to the tyke, she certainly was resilient, and it seemed like no matter how much she tripper, or was sent tumbling by his clumsy antics, that she'd just bounce right back up. And thank goodness for that- he was petrified of actually hurting the kid, given how much larger he was in comparison. So when she lunged for the bone, he did the same, though he made sure not to lunge at full force, otherwise he was certain he'd just bowl her over. 

He aimed to grab one end of the bone, just to catch a hold of it and keep her from running off with it. It probably wasn't a good idea for the kid to be running with something sharp in her mouth, anyway- so a good old-fashioned game of tug-o-war would be safer, right? He growled, and bared his teeth as grotesquely as possible, hoping to teach his 'lil sis how to both look and sound tough.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Bronco dove too. In fact, their muzzles brushed as Meerkat snatched the nearer end of the bone and tried to yank it away from him. She wasn't fast enough though. He grabbed hold of the other end, his lips peeling back from his fangs in a playful grimace. She could see the tartar on his teeth and the variations of black and pink of his gums from this close. Her own nose wrinkled, equal parts disgusted and tickled by the view.

She clenched her own tiny, sharp teeth harder around their plaything and began to tug. Since her older brother outweighed her by a wide margin, this resulted in Meerkat's neck scrunching as her palely stippled back arched. Her tawny tail flung up over her hips to counterbalance even as her toes dug into the grassy soil. She yanked with all her might.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
Bronco- oblivious to the fact that he had plaque- assumed that it was probably his breath that made Meerkat look slightly disgusted, so he huffed out another growl, knowing full well she'd get more than just a whiff of his last meal- that she'd probably taste it a little bit too. Not that that would be terribly disgusting, considering the fact that he'd regurgitated food for her, before, so it was sort of an empty gesture. With each yank she gave to the bone, he growled, trying each time to growl louder and harsher still, but the kid wouldn't have had any chance against him- not with the amount of strength built up in his jaws. And he wasn't about to go soft on her, not just yet. 

So he leaned toward her, touching his cheek to her nose where she'd grabbed onto the bone- and then suddenly, jerked in the opposite direction, rolling over his shoulder with the intention of more or less dragging Meerkat along with the bone as he rolled over onto his other side. It'd test her grip, having her own weight pitted against her jaw strength, but it was a skill wolves needed to develop- as their prey would use every maneuver possible to get themselves out of a wolf's vice-like grip.
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
The cool touch of his nose against her cheek startled Meerkat into loosening her grip at the crucial moment. Even as he tugged and rolled, he snatched the bone right out of her mouth. She was left standing there, gaping at Bronco as he flipped onto his other side.

But Meerkat didn't marvel long at his acrobatics. With a childish war cry, she pounced him, playfully wrestling him and snapping her jaws in the direction of her bone.
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
He expelled a soft puff of air when Meerkat pounced him, both surprised and pleased with his sister's tenacity. He pulled one of his forelegs out from under her and reached out to try and grab her with it, pulling her closer so that they could tussle and argue, face-to-face, over the bone. He growled loudly, and started to chomp on the bone, crunching into it bit by bit- and wondering what kind of reaction that would get from his kid sister.

With each bite, he growled, and in a gruff voice, said "Bron-co-sau-rus-EAT-tha-BONE-nom-nom-nom!"
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,909 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She knew no fear even as he grabbed onto her and pulled her close, his gleaming teeth less than an inch from her face. As a matter of fact, the puppy thrust her little snout straight into his jaws, eagerly trying to seize the bone straight out of his mouth to reclaim it.

She'd just closed her own teeth around one end and begun to pull back when Meerkat heard voices. The bone slipped from her mouth and her head popped up to see Towhee and Figment striding toward them. The pup began to wriggle, then froze in hesitation. Which was more important: getting the bone from Bronco or going over to greet her family members?

Deciding they could help her wrest her prize from Bronco, Meerkat used one older brother as a springboard even as she made a beeline toward the other. She practically crashed into his forelegs, butt dropping and tail wiggling as she hopped up to lick first at Fig's chin, then Towhee's.

Meerkat fully intended to resume her game with Bronco, yet Towhee totally sidetracked her by asking, -"You hungry?"- She was always hungry, so she bobbed her head eagerly and bounded after Figment as he led her off toward a cache.

That left the Regent alone with Bronco. -"You're a great big brother, you know that?"- Towhee remarked before settling down to catch some rest after their long border patrol.

I figure that's a wrap, let's have another Bronco x Meerkat thread soon!
Ghost
1,652 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Sitter
Master Guardian
"-OUF-" He let the bone when Meerkat leapt off him, surprised by the amount of downward force it took to thrust her into the air. He rolled over onto his belly and stood up, shaking dust and small bone splinters from his coat as he rose to greet Towhee and Figment, a pace or two behind Meerkat who bounded toward them and then went off with Figment to get something to eat. "Smell-ya-later, Kitten," He called as she toodled off, looking up when Towhee spoke to him. Her comment silenced him, for a moment, but his reaction emerged as a humbled smile. "Guess I had some good influences growin' up or something," He said. He touched his nose to her cheek- a gesture both tender and grateful- before he left to resume the border patrol she had just finished.