Whitefish River Wheat kings and pretty things
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Private 
13C°, currently it is clear and set during the evening. Located in Kintla Flatlands, Whitefish River | ooc notes: lets gooo!! | tagging: @Ira

Ira had been away for days, over a week really, accompanied by Winterbourn at least so he wasn't all too concerned about her absence - that was until she returned. Something noticeably different was about the woman. She had grown larger around the midsection, and though it did not take away from her absolute beauty in his eye - he knew of what season had just come and gone. Though he could not smell it, in his years of living, he knew puppies were just around the corner for most women during these days. 

His heart grew heavy at the thought that possibly she had found a man to fill the position at her side. She was her own woman and free to make her own choices, but his heart had to know. Did he miss his chance? The wounds were almost completely healed by now thanks to Speedy and her abilities, and so, he was off to try and find the Constable once again, this time, his stride was smoother as he contemplated the conversation as he walked in hopes of finding her.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
What started as a diplomatic mission burst into flames by the time Ira and Winterbourne made their presence known in Easthollow. The Constable had been home for some days now, yet her father's words continued to plague her mind as they had during her early days in the Teekons. Ira did her best to shake whatever bad blood she might have stirred by staying distracted. It wasn't too hard between her duties and growing pregnancy, but the quiet moments liked to creep up on her.

A pang in her stomach pulled the roan woman from her light sleep. In the past weeks, Ira had grown aware of her swelling belly and the hunger that accompanied it. Surely others had noticed by now too, a fate she was doomed to eventually, but it saved her the need to announce it. Luckily members of the pack had been picking up the work she was continuously dropping. Borders were always fresh and finding a fresh meal grew less troublesome, the only pain left was the aches that gripped her body. In many ways, though she preferred it to the nausea and dizziness that used to strike her down for the better half of the day.

Ignoring the sleep that tempted her, Ira traveled out of her den in search of the nearest cache. It wasn't unusual for @Evergreen to bring her meals now, but the Constable was better than one to rely on fresh deliveries at her doorstep. It wouldn't take long for her to find her destination and her efforts were rewarded with a large fish that would more than suffice her appetite. Tearing into the flesh Ira couldn't help but think she had none other to thank than the bear for her meal, despite her efforts to fetch something without him. Funny how her least favorite prey quickly became what she sought out in recent days, perhaps it was thanks to his children that now grew inside her.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
His strides were slow, almost hesitant on finding the woman despite his desire, his need to find out the truth. Though should she have found mate without him realizing until now, he wasn't certain if he could forget the roan woman any time soon, but certain of one thing - he wasn't home-wrecker. The knight had to be certain that he had to stop his flirtatious ways should she be taken. 

As he wandered, she eventually came into sight. If he could feel the pit in his stomach, Hiero would feel quite nauseous, but instead, he could only feel the thoughts and feelings that whirred around in his brain. They were numbing, his thoughts were blurred and mushed into one amalgamation and yet he had to keep walking forward. With a smile on his lips he couldn't help but think that even with the belly, she was as breathtaking as ever - even if they weren't his... should it bulge with life. 

Gently he approached, clearing his throat to try and catch her attention as he sat at a respectable distance - for once, he would not cloud her presence in fear he would be... well, encroaching on a relationship. Greetings Constable. Shit, how should he start all of this? She already didn't return his affections... so how should he start this without sounding accusatory or jealous?
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It wasn't long until the approach of pawsteps stole her attention. Before Ira had the chance to even look, Hieronymous spoke, addressing her by title instead of his usual sing-song praise. It wasn't hard to notice the shift, Hiero had always been a loud, dramatic man. This...this was different. When golden orbs fell on the painted man she noticed the wounds that littered his torso, still new, but at least scabbed over. Hieronymous...She raised her head, suddenly overcome with caution at his tattered state and formal behavior. Had something happened while she was gone? Why didn't Evergreen tell her? The roan woman did her best to keep her expression neutral as it often was, but her eyes would remain locked on the knight. Figuring the best way to approach the growing concerns she'd simply ask, Is something wrong?
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
The way she turned to address him, it was perhaps, the first time she was not completely consumed by annoyance and immediately trying to get rid of him. It pained him to see her finally look at him this way, to talk to him this way, and yet, to think, she was already out of his reach. Fuck! How he wished he could smell her and see for himself if some other man's scent was all over her - instead of being stuck asking the hard questions. 

Shaking his head, Nothing's wrong. Unaware that perhaps she was concerned for the wounds slathered across him from the cat's attack, frankly, he forgot all about them if someone didn't remind him every now and then. But - how should he go about this?! Umm... How can he do this without upsetting her somehow?

You look... positively glowing, by the way. Is what he managed to mutter first. You know I can't smell... so, I was curious... are you pregnant? There! The words were out. He awaited her response without a breath in his lungs. He knew what answer he didn't want to hear. He knew he didn't want to hear that she was with a man, that his heart would shred at the sound.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Hieronymous was quick to answer. She should be at ease, but it still did not explain his behavior or where his wounds came from. The painted man fumbled eventually finding a compliment and shortly after it all started to click. The Constable had assumed her status was obvious, but perhaps it was less so without the ability to smell. Her shoulders relaxed the tension she was unaware she had been holding as she lowered her haunches to sit. Ah...yes. There was no point denying it, it would only grow more obvious in the weeks to come.

For some reason she couldn't fathom, Hieronymous had been infatuated with her since their first interactions. Every conversation an attempt to get closer or compliment her, truthfully she was never sure how to respond, but she thought it was obvious his efforts were futile. It was nothing against him, except maybe his horrible habit of invading her personal space, she was just someone who would never settle down. It wasn't because she was against the idea of it, more so a conflict of interests. For Ira, duties came first and even friendship was scarce. When the roan woman was younger she had sworn off the chances of having a family and her one attempt at love ended her...well here. Pregnant with the kids of two men, neither of which were truly in it to be with her. It's fine though, that didn't bother her. If it meant a litter of her own, it would be worth it or at least she hoped so. Gods, it better be worth it after the reception she received from her father.

A sigh slipped past her defenses as Ira finally tore her gaze away, You should move on, Hieronymous. Your breath is wasted on me. Perhaps now he would take the hint. It's not like she led him on, his advances had been denied in the past, but his determination never waived. Not until now. I wasn't made for love... Ira raised her head, eyes searching the melting colors of dusk that lit the sky for nothing in particular. A single huff resembling something like a chuckle shook the mountain wolf's chest, a slight smile gracing her features. My place lies alongside duty, not at the side of a man. I tried it once, but I've come to accept that this is for the best. Even now she pushed her luck, this family she is a part of creating would never truly be hers. She was accepted, but acceptance was just another form of tolerance. Ira had seen it before, long ago in the mountains of Hengfell.

It suddenly occurred to her that everything she said did not explain the pups she now carried. Ira's attention turned to her swollen belly, her forepaw lifted to gain a better view. I was approached as a surrogate. The children I bear will be mine, and in turn, I have been accepted as family, but their family will never truly be my own. A piece though is better than none when the whole is impossible. It was fine, she was content with this silver of peace. The opportunity she was presented with was more than she could have asked for. Hopefully, the painting knight could understand.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
He sure did notice that he was holding his breath, unable to relax until finally, she spoke those dreaded words, and he let out a slow breath, sort of like a deflation of a balloon as he himself felt flattened by the news. So now what? How does one act at this moment? Hiero had come across attractive women in the past, but nothing like this, and so, this was a first for the painted knight. 

As Ira continued he was about to just that, walk away and bid her a good day and good luck with the family to come; but she spoke again and his ears perked. Curious he listened and slowly the pieces were falling into place. A surrogate? Well, that was one good thing - she was still single! Instead of lighting up with glee and dancing about, he remained seated and gazed at her with confused seafoam irises. 

So- He drawled on as the words were trying to make sense to him, to figure out something appropriate to say back rather than remain awkwardly silent. You try once, and now you give up? He couldn't help but get a little annoyed by it, a light frown wiggling itself onto his usually jovial face as he never broke his line of sight with the woman. 

I can understand you could never love me in return, sometimes, these things just don't work out for everyone involved. Heartbreak is normal, and natural if you care about anyone. This goes for lost children, friends, and lovers. Unknown to him, there was a clear difference between how he himself and Ira took heartbreak and rejection. His frown deepened before continuing, hating that he was now lecturing the woman instead of just letting her go on with her own business. But I can't accept that you would just give up due to one bad experience. 

He paused for a moment to gather his own thoughts and allow Ira to listen to him this time. If you truly are happy by being an outsider peering in, then you can ignore me; but if not, then why not try again once someone catches your attention? Besides, she'll never get that happy family if she never tried over and over again.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It was difficult to tell if Hieronymous understood, though the frown that grew along his features suggested otherwise. It seemed strange, unnatural even to see him with anything but the grin that usually plastered his maw. It was Ira's turn to frown as he finished, had it only been the one time? No, her failed crush was not what drove her to the conclusion. Her place had been ingrained into every fiber of her being. Disgrace had followed her since birth, even now she broke the traditions she strived to uphold, but how would he know of that? No one knew, not even Evergreen. Ira had fought for her honor, for her place and acceptance only to leave it all behind when she finally obtained it. It wasn't right, it would never be right as long as she stayed. Those laws did not claim the river, nor any of the Teekons, but a new home and a new name did not change who she was, it only changed her image to those she crossed. The Jeers and scowls that once followed her were replaced with caution and wary, for some a welcoming smile.

Only the Gods may control the future. Before the Constable had been alone, her sister the only soul she could trust. Her adoptive parents had been kind, but the underlying contempt did not escape her. However, if you had asked a younger version of herself, Ira never would have expected to form the relationships she has today. Those she could truly call friends and the wolves she looked up to. Perhaps she was just settling for a structure that no longer mattered, but it was the only thing she knew and despite its grip she had finally found her peace. I would be a liar to say that I am not capable of change. Even now my actions take me by surprise but do not think that I have given in from one mere incident.

Ira had always been a warrior, and she would always fight until her last breath if given the choice. Knowing when to fight, however, was another story. I have never been very sociable, not with personal matters. In-depth relationships have always taken longer for me to form, it's not that I swear off mateship as hopeless, it's realistic. Perhaps one day I'll be proven wrong, but life is short and I grow older. I count my blessings, though they be few, and with this litter, I can be a part of something I've never had. That much I am content with.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
So long as your Gods are kind. Hiero was a firm believer in paving your own path. If he had placed his faith in some Gods, the man would have died long ago due to the sheer natural cruelty of Gods that he knew in passing. Even today those scars marred his flesh, well hidden but always present. 

I've noticed. He states lightly at her mentioning she had a hard time with social situations. Well that's a change of tone to "My place lies alongside duty". At least now it sounded more like she still had hope instead of swearing off anything that came her way and focus solely on her duties instead. 

One good thing came of all this - she was still single, and though his heart still ached for her, his chances were not completely crushed under the boulders of reality. With a heavy sigh, he tries not to burry his gaze into her too much longer as he casts his bright eyes to the river. You know what my feelings are for you Ira. They weren't jokes or japes, even now I wish for you to give me a chance to give you what you seek. He sais with a deep shrug. Maybe someday luck will shine down on me too.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She said nothing to the male's statement. The Gods were gods, what they did and in what way was not under her control nor would she challenge their decisions. I stand by what I said. Rather or not it happens I find one's role and duties important. I'm aware not all stand by the structure, but I'll always give my best to ensure my own are fulfilled. Ira followed his gaze, once more stumped about what to say. I do not know you well enough for that kind of commitment Hieronymous. I appreciate your work for this pack, but that's not enough for me to toss my ways aside.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Despite her words, he was not defeated by them. With a light chuckle, he added softly, You never ask about me, nor do you ever seem interested. Noting all the times she simply treated him like an annoyance, not even seeming glad he was back after being lost - more so of a pest who had found its way back into the crevices of the pack's, and her's, walls. Sure he could be coming on as annoying, she had every right to think so, what he did and say didn't always sit well with everyone, but it was his way of coming off as friendly, and his own way of trying to make sure she knew of his feelings for her as clear as the day itself. 

I've been here for over half a year, did you even notice?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
lost my post >:( might be shorter I swear this was worded so much better before

The Constable was just in her reasons for her treatment of the painted Knight, but a seed of guilt still managed to plant itself within her heart. Time has passed so quickly since the quakes, I'm afraid I've been rather distracted with leadership. Perhaps it was an excuse avoiding the real question, but the statement remained true. Injuries and loss, time had never been a consideration to Ira, she was lucky they turned out alright despite the extended stay in the plains. Thoughts flashed back to her last conversation with Hieronymous, he hadn't been the most cheery then either, perhaps an apology was in order. A sigh escaped her as Ira tilted her head up as if the sky held the right words to say in this situation. I do not hate you, Hieronymous, but I also do not enjoy my personal space invaded. She refocused her attention on the male with what appeared to be a flat expression, but if he were to look at her eyes, they would say it all. I wish to apologize for our last encounter. You can not smell so you had no way of knowing my aggression was fueled by my heat. It didn't really excuse for past meetings, but this one was at least unjust.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
I understand. His tone was oddly flat, there was no hatred or poison in his tone, but he couldn't help but still be hurt. His nose may be blind, but he could see how she treated each individual far differently than him. And yet he continued to persevere until today. 

I'll give you distance then if that'll make you happier. But now he didn't know where things would go from here, his words had no effect on her, his actions neither. He even blindly went into the cave to check it out as she asked without a hitch, without a second thought - and yet she was still, well, he didn't even know what this was.

He couldn't explain why, but the apologies were barely anything more than fuel to the burning in his brain. To the absolute dumpster fire happening deep in his thoughts. With this 'distance', would he even be himself at that point around her?
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Had she been wrong? The male responded flatly, almost as if he had died. Even if his bubbly nature had grown irksome, it was not right for her to force him to act as anything else. Memories fluttered back to the early days of Kaistleoki, her first squire had been similar in many ways. Bright and eager, but overly so. Reiko had grown on her though, perhaps she should have been more open to Hieronymous even if she did not seek him as a mate. There's no need. As I stated before, I'm not very good with relationships...my default is to avoid, but perhaps I should have been more vocal about my boundaries from the start.

Communication was good after all, it was important for diplomatic relations, she could only assume it was the same for more personal encounters. I'm willing to give you a chance— for friendship. I know nothing about you, as I mentioned before, I'm not ready nor willing to jump to something further, but you need to respect my boundaries too. This place is meant for new beginnings...if that is what you would like, then perhaps we can put this aside. It was rare for wolves to try so desperately for her attention. Ira had assumed by now the male would have long given up, but since he hadn't... at least if things did not work out now she could say she gave an effort.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
He didn't fault her, hell, he could never hate for being who she was. He had fallen for her after all, for who she was, is and will be. Maybe it was a tragedy to have fallen so hard, so fast for Ira - but he didn't regret it. It was simply a new chapter in his life. It was painful, unlike physical, that he could feel that burrowed into his heart - but he'd accept it none the less. As hard as it may be, it was how things played out in the end. 

I'd like that. A gentle smile curved his lips finally, though his eyes remained steady, busy with thoughts as he tried not to get burdened with strange and new feelings. I apologize for overstepping those boundaries of yours. he offered no excuse, just a simple apology. The normally talk-your-ear-off man grew silent as he had nothing left to say, everything was out in the open now and he even felt awkward at it all.

That was all I had to say, I'll leave you to eat now undisturbed. Seeing as how he intruded on her meal, he would walk away and leave Ira to eat if she had nothing left to say either. She needed the energy, after all, she would be a mother sooner than they all would realize.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
It seemed she managed to dodge a bullet, but it didn't truly feel like a victory. Hieronymous turned to leave, and words caught in her throat. She appreciated the gesture, but she wasn't quite ready for the male to go, Ah— Hieronymous before you go...what exactly happened? It hadn't even occurred that the jump in topics might be confusing, but the scabbing wounds that littered his pelt had her attention since he appeared. The constable wasn't sure why she hadn't heard of this sooner, but she only hoped it meant whatever danger was near was now long gone.
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Ah, already there was a little shift. She asked about what had happened, figuring it was the wounds that held her attention long enough to ask. Frankly, he had forgotten about them long ago. Ah. he paused, turning to face her again but not fully, just enough so to talk and explain. Inna and I explored the cave, the guano blinded her nose so we got ambushed by a lynx. He was quite casual about it all.

I think I chased it out, I told Evergreen and hopefully, someone with a functioning nose went to double-check for me. He hasn't heard anything about it, perhaps there was nothing dangerous left in that cave - or they were too worried of letting him know should he get himself in the same position as he was before.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The news brought on another stretch of silence as the Constable processed that information. She didn't like the potential of a lynx or any other large cat hanging around their territory, but if what Hieronymous said was true then hopefully it really was gone. Ira made a mental note to check with Evergreen later if that was for sure taken care of. I suppose it was a good thing you were there then... She wasn't sure what else to add, but if the knight tried to leave again she wouldn't stop him.