Wheeling Gull Isle if I tell you why I must stay,
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
for anyone who wants to stumble across sleepy hua in her den?! :D puppies or dad also welcome, whoever!

[Image: 20200501_160152.gif]

As dawn fled and morning dominated the sky, Huā's eyelids fluttered open. Her children slept beside her soundly. Sunlight filtered into the den, Huā longed to go see the world outside, for it felt a very long time since she had been- but there was an obligation here. She was sure that as soon as she went out for a walk her children would mewl and whine for milk or attention or some other thing which she could never quite satisfy. It was tiring. Still, she wanted to be with the people, patrolling the beaches- and thought of this, as she poked her ebony head outside the entrance of her den, seaglass eyes taking in the forest around her.
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tzila was not yet aware of the changes occurring deep within her body, just days after her sultry evening spent with Astaroth. She was old enough to know what could become of it, but her inexperience kept her naive. For now. She wanted to start dedicating more of her time being spent on the island, now that she had her head screwed on straight again. Her visits to the mainland would continue. For how long she would stretch these out, all depended on how she was coping. On how she was adjusting to this transition. Presently, she decided that when she was having a tougher time of it, those were the days she'd sneak away.

A step that she knew was critical in trying to determine if her decision to join this pack had been the right one, was to get to know the other wolves. One face at a time. Having Astaroth here helped, but he was only one of many. She wanted more connections than that, if they would accept her. She kept an eye out for Ying, Hua's sister. Described as pale with a dark ridge along her spine. Despite her efforts, they seemed useless for she found no trace of a scent that could be a match. 

Strolling along the far end of the beach, well out the reach of the waters grasp, Tzila's set of mercury eyes scoped out the rock formation that she knew to be Hua's whelping den. Velvet black ears pricking, she held back, eyeing the entrance warily. She knew that by now the Empress had given birth and had thus far allowed the new mother her space. But now curiosity got the better of her, and the emergence of Hua's dark head was signal enough for the blood ruffed female to skirt closer. A set of dark legs breezed by beyond the den, then back again. She kept out of striking range, lowering her head down to Hua's eye level, a gently wagging tail indicating harmless curiosity and a delicately raised paw, her caution. 
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Then came company in the form of the new recruit: Tzila. She lowered her head to eye Huā, who remained close to (and partially submerged in) the ground. Wagging tail and lifted paw; Huā invited the curious woman closer with a soft smile that said she was glad to see her. Greetings, Tzila. Forgive me for be scarce. I been... very busy with them, She chuckled tiredly with a brief point of her muzzle back to the interior of her den, before looking up at the ebony-and-rust girl again. How you settle in to Yuèlóng so far?
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Her nerves, pulled taut with tension swiftly eased as Hua greeted her with nothing short of warmth and a smile. She wasn't exactly the picture of a typical mother, snapping at any who so much as peered into the den. Still, Tzila remained on guard, shuffling only inches closer, on her belly now. The faint line of a smile played at her own lips, silver eyes meeting aqua. 

"Nonsense. I understand that motherhood is a full-time job. So I've heard." How ironic it was that such a phrase would come round full circle, landing squarely on her own shoulders in a few short months. She tried to peer back past the Empress, to catch a hopeful glimpse of the tiny bodies. The scent of new life and milk flooded her senses from the den’s interior. "I've been managing. I just take it one day at a time, since it's been so long that I've lived by the seaside." She replied honestly. But enough about her welfare. Her expression was soft but riddled with well-meaning concern - an odd look on her chiseled, dark face. "What of you? How are...they?"
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Tzila was warm and forgiving, seemingly accepting of Huā's absence around the isle, which soothed her nerves some. To know she had the support of her people in this was a sweet thing indeed- especially the support of newcomers who did not yet know her so well. So as Tzila made her quip about motherhood as a full-time job, Huāzhen chuckled warmly, nodding in a way that said I know it.

The girl's gaze trailed past Huā; the empress noticed, and knew this would likely be the trend in all who visited. Perhaps she would offer them a peek inside- but they would all meet the children in due time. Her answer was somewhat expected- they had two types here. Those who had to adjust, or readjust, to the coast- and those who knew it better than the back of their own paw. Huā could think of individuals in either category; it seemed Tzila was the former. 

At the question of Huā, of the children, the siamese smiled sweetly, letting that tiredness seep into her gaze before her words could tell the story. I am tired, She shared simply, But my heart swell with love, it worth the pain and tired. With a seaglass glance back at her brood, They are okay. They sleep and drink all time, I keep wondering when their eye open... She hummed thoughtfully, before gaze found its way back to her guest.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
A hint of a smile cracked at her lips. Hua was tired, and understandably so. She certainly looked it. Tending to a brood of four must be an exhausting job. Tipping her head slightly, she hummed. "A first-time mother then, are you?" She guessed. It was very possible, since she and Hua were not that far apart in age. 

"I've...been around children before, but never newborns. I haven't any to speak of." That, in due time, would change. If only Tzila knew of the life budding inside her, then she would have shared the glorious news here and now. "But I know all too well the joy they can bring to one's life." Her moon colored eyes drifted skywards as she recited a memory. "I surprised myself once, when a bear had invaded one of my previous packs." Her eyes drifted back to the proud mother. "I was shocked by the ferocity of protectiveness that welled up in me that day..."
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Indeed, I am, She affirmed with a good-humored chuckle. It must be obvious then, she thought with a smirk to herself and a shake of her head at her own internal dialogue. Of course it was obvious- she was only two years of age, and certainly could not have had children at one. Initially the thought of an unplanned pregnancy had frightened her, but now she viewed it from this standpoint- she was at the peak of her fertility, the time best to create her legacy. It would've been ideal to do so with a husband, but either way she had a large brood, evidence (in her eyes) that it was the prime years for her to reproduce. 

Tzila explained then that she had been around children, but no newborns... same as Huā. She was new to the little potatoes as well. The dark woman spoke of a past; fighting off a bear with the protectiveness of a mother safeguarding her children. She was a warrior indeed. Huā nodded as the woman trailed off. Mm, even if you never been mother, you feel the mother, uh, um- the feeling of mother for her baby. You fantastic warrior, fantastic packmate. She continued, before train of thought slipped somewhere else, and she spoke up, Even if not bear, there are other things we must protect children from. Let me tell you of these people... She would wait for Tzila's response before continuing, hoping to inform her of what Hydra had spread- the assaulters of innocent children, cold blooded wolves who killed with no rhyme or reason. Being Hydra's ally meant that Huā was determined to spread the message if these criminals as well, even if they were far from the island- she knew one day the queen of the wilderness would have their heads on platters. And the queen of the coast was determined to be a part of that effort.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
She nodded. "Yes, the maternal instinct. I once doubted I even had it, but I guess I was wrong." She replied with a wry little smile. Her silver eyes widened just a fraction, dark lashes fanning them blinking, when Hua praised her as both a warrior and a packmate. Tzila had never been complimented in such an endearing way before, and honestly, she didn't know how to handle it. She wondered...would the Empress still think the same if she knew of her past life, wrapped in darkness? Well, now was not the time to even consider bringing the subject up. If it happened, it happened.

"T-thank you. I'm trying." Was all she could say as her eyes fell to the side. She had come to this place to re-discover herself. To see if it was even possible to be a better person. It was still early yet, and she would hate for Hua and her followers to judge her too quickly. As the Empress went to offer to tell her a tale, her ears pricked up, interest coming alive on her features. Giving only but a soft hum as a prompt for her to continue.
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Maternal, there was the word she was missing, and she stuffed it into a corner of her brain for later. Huā nodded at Tzila's sentiments- most had some piece of it, whether male or female, warrior or not. Little did Huā know, in due time there would be good reason for Tzila to clutch that instinct close to her heart. She would need it. As Tzila affirmed Huā could continue, she cleared her throat before doing so. 

I meet a powerful woman in the wilderness; she call Hydra, and queen of Moonspear- our ally. She tell me of the dangerous people out there. Her son is attack-ed by a dark woman. She is quiet, and has a cold purple gaze. She eyed Tzila seriously, a silent message that this was business. She run with a man call Merrick, missing one eye, a dark man with... um... light color neck. They both seek to hurt the innocent and vul-vulnerable. This the type of people we protect our children from, hm? I want you to stay alert for them- and any other who seek to kill. Huāzhen was quiet then, awaiting Tzila's thoughts on the matter.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
She lifted her head a little higher, ears pricking stiffly in recognition the second Hydra's name slipped off Hua's lips. The faint smile that had been on her maw grew, if only slightly. "I know Hydra. We have met, on more than one occasion. My respect for her runs deep." Tzila chose not to tell the Empress that the Queen of Moonspear was allied with her former pack, the Nightwalkers. Hua might already have that information herself. The brutal pack was in the past. Or so she thought.

She went into details of an attack on Hydra's son. Silver eyes narrowed as she hashed out the description of the female assailant, then next, one of her partner, with a name tacked on. It rang a bell, what she heard. But it had been so very long ago when she had seen such wolves. And when she did, her time with them was brief, or only in passing. After digging through her old memories, Tzila gave a hesitant reply. "I believe I might know these wolves, but..." Her brows pinched together, as if she were confirming if her memory served her right. "...it's been such a long time. Like an eternity." The uncertainty on her face washed away, replaced by a more self-assured look. "But I will know for sure, when and if, I see them again." 
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
As Tzila spoke of her respect for Hydra, Huā nodded, murmuring agreement. Though the mermaid was gentle... she strived to one day hold the sort of great authority that Hydra held. As for the enemy... Tzila seemed to recall some distant memory. Huā wondered how they might've met, but chose not to ask- instead focusing on the girl's final words. Yes. Keep eye out for them- that is all. Thank you for chat, She hummed in a gentle dismissal, confident that Tzila would be on the lookout.