Hushed Willows i’m just sitting here looking at pretty colors
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Eleuthera strode around the willows almost endlessly in the days since her joining — well, pledging. However the Seelie Court wolves were great in number, and could rightly announce their claim soon. It was so long ago that it was only a faded tether of a memory, but it felt much like the first time she had claimed the hushed willows. She had only been an infant then, but she remembered how it felt. Of course, last time she had been embroiled in all manner of teenage drama — this time, she was much more focused. Mentally, she was right here, almost amongst the holy earth itself. She didn’t even have Séamus here to distract her.

Séamus…

For the past several nights, Eleuthera had chosen to sleep out amongst the stars, where the thick canopy of willow branches thinned enough for her to glimpse the show of interminable shifts clouds and light above. However, it was about this time that she began to desire the safety and security of four earthen walls. She craved a place that was hers, with which she could shield herself from the face of the world, and even the faeries of the court, too. The need for safety and security was very real, albeit unexplained.

She knew where the den site lay, at the foot of the mountains in the caves Elysium had called the labyrinth, but she hadn’t yet visited it. Eleuthera turned towards it now, wondering if there was one that was still empty and needed a willing occupant.

vague about the technicalities of her joining, but she’s here!
would love to meet a packmate :)
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Like some, she was one who preferred to sleep outside within the fresh air, and under the beautiful stars of the sky. It felt more convienant for the guardian, as she could stay alert within the slumber, peacefully keeping aware of those who draw near the fairies den. Outside she remained from the tunnels, sometimes out of sight, but always near the entrance during the time of slumber. It was peaceful, little to no disturbance before she left, and after she returned. Orlaith went in ease on her duties, as should the fire fae be able to.

Green olives looked forward as her fiery head rose in a disturbance, as she could smell someone of unfamilarity, yet they held the similar scent of the realm. She was neither friendly, or unfriendly, while looking forth as a sovereign to the stranger, "Who are you?"
[Image: dbsjoiy-a0dc5a12-726e-4fc9-9f6e-325ac868...sKmYWTqVa4]
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂
It wasn’t before long that Eleuthera was intercepted on her transverse crossing of the Hushed Willows. The grove of flowing, ethereal branches wasn’t large, but amongst the amalgam, the faeries were well masked. There were many moments that Eleuthera felt she was almost entirely alone in these woods, even though she knew she wasn't — and at first, that suited her well at first, but she found that with the passage of time and the resting of her body, without anyone around, that her thoughts kept flitting back to…

no.

So, the company was welcome; even though the firewoman came in with a (not undeserved) sense of haughtiness. For a moment, Eleuthera had to remind herself that these were their woods, and she was the newcomer. It was right that she be met with discretion. Eleuthera softened her overall tensity, facing the firebrand with pleasure and welcoming.
“I’m Eleuthera,” she introduced simply while bidding the woman welcome with a downturned thrust of her pointed maw. "Lumiya said I can stay with you," she explained, hoping to immediately get that out in the open.

the backdate/forward date feature isn’t working in my last post. Still consider this present day, tho!

the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
They were not a fairy of the previous realm, but Orlaith felt they held the same flurry as one, and already carried the scent. She was not hiding the look-over giving to Eleuthera, as she was silently viewing the other, "I am Orlaith," the fire-fairy greeted, a smile coming to play. She felt at ease as the other was not presenting agressiveness, nor' flaunting. She always prefered anyone new, to be more submissive.

"I am a guard of Seelie Court, welcome to the dens." She supposed since Lumiya invited her, she shouldn't cause too much trouble, and rather liked this one over the previous newer wolf she met long ago. Less bubbly. She overtaken a more friendly demeanor toward the other.
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Orlaith seemed to accept that Eleuthera was now amongst them, but the firewoman did not feel the need to hide her silent survey of their newest companion. For longer than a moment, Eleuthera felt as if she was on display — a feeling that she did not relish, but happened to her more often than not, for two reasons: one being that her fur and features were out of the ordinary, and the second being that she and Séamus had been in and out of packs their entire lives. That was a lot of approvals to be needed, over and over again. It was better to just get these introductory parts out of the way, so that she could then move to the next phase of packhood: friendship.

After that, Orlaith visibly softened and Eleuthera could not help but exude a warm, glowing smile.
“It’s nice to meet you, Orlaith,"Eleuthera returned, now feeling comfortable enough to lift her lavender gaze and look this beautiful woman, who seemed as if she were the sun, a giant exploding fire star, personified. For this reason, she felt in her gut that it was best that this particular woman be met with deference, at least in the beginning. The sun could burn, if one wasn’t prepared for it.

Eleuthera looked around the density, feeling her stomach grip. It looked so much like the place in her memories, that colored all her dreams.
"I lived here once before," Eleuthera noted, a wistful longing palpable on her tongue. She felt that it was important that this was known, even if it didn’t matter much to anyone else.

the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
Soft like the fairies of realm, a nod of approval from guard She was not inclined to liking outsiders too much, preferring the sanctuary of familarity of those within her home, but Orlaith knew they needed to expand. In numbers, and in power. However this one, would not be a warrior of her ward, but simply a fae in the orchid. However being less hostile does not mean she is completely trusting of the lady of lilacs. Though more liked, then most would be within her terms.

"Yeah? I assume many would want to claim this places," she started, "It's beautiful," and appropriate for those wishing to be in their realm, "how long ago was that?"
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

As Eleuthera was wont to do, she immediately felt warmth and friendship towards this relative strangers. Orlaith. It didn’t take much for Eleuthera to experience closeness with others; perhaps it was her empathic and intuitive nature that had been gifted to her by her mothers. Anyways, she felt it here and now with this fire-woman, and Eleuthera did what she always did: she leaned into it.

Eleuthera sighed and smiled, a wash of understanding coming over her face. The willows were a wonderful place, for many reasons. In all her travels across the continent, she and Sèamus had never come across another place like it. The lilac sprite didn’t know the history of The Willows past her first day stepping foot in the place, but she felt that it must be grand.
“I don’t know about many, but…" she began, looking at Orlaith with a knowing glint.  “The willows certainly attract a special type of wolf."

Then the red shedevil asked after the timing, and Eleuthera felt the familiar stab in her heartspace pulse painfully. In truth, Eleuthera didn’t know what happened and she didn’t know when it all went down. That was the part of it that pained and wounded her deeply. Eleuthera felt the words stick in her throat. “I don’t know… We moved here when I was really little, then my brother and I left when we turned one, and everything was fine — almost a year and a half ago…" Eleuthera shared, her tone more despondent about the whole thing than totally sad. There was literally nothing that could be done about it, so she was working through the process of getting over it. No use in hanging onto old guilts, as Scarab once said.

“Then, when we returned, they were all gone." Eleuthera gave a shrug, but wasn’t convincing anyone. “It was a bear, apparently. or something like that."

the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"It seems to be a gathering of fairies," Orlaith chuckled, as those who tend to gather were definitely those who had the dignified way of words, and the connection to the land. The sophisticated way they spoke and talk, and the way she thought sometimes, they would simply wisk away- without her. Those within the court were truly unique individuals, she thought, and continued to attract those of the kind, "you are one of them." The wolf of flames and ashes, knew she was a fit. It was an approval, from the warrior. The lady of lilacs.

It wasn't hard to catch those who were in the down, while she may been on the rougher side, she still held a way to see emotions well, just as most fae's do, "Not really fond memories, i'm taking, but maybe that bear tore away those who caused any issues." She shrugged with a guess as a laughing smile came to be, "but hey, welcome back." However she sucked at words despite reading emotions well-enough.
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Normally, Eleuthera reveled in being accepted and experiencing camaraderie. The blooming warmth within one’s chest that happened when one was with a good friend was, in the lady of lilacs opinion, was one of the best feelings.  Eleuthera smiled sincerely, albeit weakly, at being a faerie when, once, she had been a seraph. She could not escape her ethereal blood — at least she had found another group with like souls. The fact that they were also in the Hushed Willows could be nothing more than divine providence.

But Eleuthera did not get to revel for long, because Orlaith then said one very true thing, and one very wrong thing. The truth was that these were not fond memories — the untruth was that, as Eleuthera understood it, was something akin to ’they deserved it.’ This, for a moment, gave Eleuthera pause — but she was willing to chalk it up to a misunderstanding in the hopes that, after her sadness passed, Orlaith might continue to be a close friend.

She could use a good friend, these days.

So Eleuthera continued on in their conversation. Perhaps she should have stopped, but she didn’t.
“Well, it’s not even a memory, y' know?" the woman openly explained. “I wasn’t there. I’ve only been told about it." kind of like how she was telling Orlaith about it now; as if she was an outsider, and not someone who should be a corpse alongside the rest of her family. Eleuthera looked towards the firewoman, her eyes almost pleading.“The willows are not the impenetrable fortress that they seem. We must guard it." she implored. Orlaith said she was a guard — she would certainly understand. “Keep it safe. "

the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
perhaps wrap-up soon?

Orlaith shrugged, assuming perhaps the lady didn't wish to dwelve further into memories about the place. She wouldn't pry further, as any past that once happened in the willows, felt of no concern any longer. She'd only care, if those particular wolves tried to come back, and to stake their claim once again.. Then, the fire guard would have an issue.

"I will," and with arrogance, she grinned, "our defense will always be improved." She had momentarily discussed it with Lumiya on the issue, but Orlaith knew it'd be hard to fix. The reality was they had very few warriors, and the only capable ones she believed in, was Aoibh, and herself. There was Fionn of course, who had been trained, and loyal to the bone, but he was a poppy-lover. She could not fully place faith in his form. Right now, she depended on herself overall.
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Eleuthera nodded and smiled at Orlaith’s assertion, that she would continue to do her job — as if she needed the extra reasoning that Eleuthera provided all. The idea of growing the defenses was something that interested the lilac woman, as in her opinion, they really couldn’t be over protected. Elysium left their borders woefully unguarded — and even invited strangers inside. Her mothers had been lucky that they had not encountered any bad apples, but clearly all the good karma in the world was not enough to save them.

"I can help,”" Eleuthera offered, letting the foreword tilt of her ears give away her eagerness. She was an active, buzzing soul — even though she often gave into her proclivity for laziness — and here amongst the willows once more, Eleuthera felt reinvigorated with purpose. “I can mark the borders, and survey the surrounding territories for any potential danger." she continued, seeing how this would be mutually beneficial. “I like to move around, so that’d be nice too. "

Certain that her offer to help would not be denied, Eleuthera plodded right along to the next matter she needed to settle. She gave a small huff of consternation, looking at the crags and cracks that created the dens which sluiced through the mountain base.“Any chance you know which dens are available?" she ponded harmlessly, gazing at the firewoman out of the corner of her lavender eyes. She hadn’t met all of the faeries yet, and the rendezvous site was an amalgam of such strong wolfen scents, that it was hard to tell one unknown identity from another. 

Totally!

the fire fae
423 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Away
"That would be helpful." Especially with strangers, dangerous ones at that, wandering around their home. She would need all borders raised and hoped all paws on deck could do so. There's was only so much she could ask for those who did not know how to fight properly. The numbers they had of warriors was so little.

"Of course, you can pick your choosing." Orlaith didn't have a den within the tunnels, so she knew there was still space to hold. She knew overall there was plenty to claim, as it almost seemed the tunnels were endless. She didn't want to admit it took some time to align herself properly to find her way out of there.. Or even have a mental map. 

With that, the warrior would properly lead the fairy into the labyrinth.
end for me!
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

Eleuthera nodded happily, succinctly, as Orlaith led her to the dens — it was as if she punctuated the scene, and moved on from this place no longer as strangers, but as friends. It was as Eleuthera had hoped for, as she had a blossoming respect for the fire woman and her dedication to protecting the willows and the blithe spirits within. It was a desire that Eleuthera found reflected in her own heart. So, she moved after Orlaith into the caverns to find a warm bed to pass the night — and every night thereafter.