Northstar Vale But can you fake it for just one more show?
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
His need to wander had grown exponentially lately, especially after what mom had dropped on them recently. Aside from that though, he had been feeling kind of trapped at the river. That and the plains had been all he knew, and he was itching to explore more of the world around his home. He had been very curious about the wolves in the vale and after asking mom for directions and informing her that he wanted to make the trip on his own, he had set out. 

He hesitated at the borders at first, habit making him feel kind of odd about just crossing over them. But his logic quickly won over and urged him across the invisible line. Nose to the ground, he slowly made his way deeper into the territory. He wondered who would stop him first. Would they feel weird about him being here? Or would it be totally normal for them? Questions filled his busy mind as he moved, but he tried to focus on his task and keep an eye out for trouble.
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
With Hiromi safely tucked away in their den, Yuudai headed out on a late afternoon sweep of the territory. He had become increasingly wary of late, he knew there were pups on the way. And whether they were his or not he had a duty to protect them and their mothers. He was pleased to see the Vespera had settled more securely into her role as Duchess. Her scent evident as he traipsed through the territory. She was a sold ally, and quickly becoming a good friend.

Seeing as he had already patrolled part of the border this morning, Yuudai had no reason to be this close to the edge of their claim. But something drew him their nonetheless. The scent of a stranger hung in the air, but upon closer inspection there was a familiarity to it. His brow rising in surprise, Kaistleoki. Tilting his head he followed after the scent. Letting out a chuff as he came up behind the male.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
He paused when he heard the sound form behind him, turning his head to look at the man approaching. Acheron turned to him and offered a curt nod in return. I'm Acheron from Kaistleoki, he offered once he was fully facing the vale wolf. I just came to visit and explore, the freckled youth continued. It was statement but also a sort of way to check that he was actually allowed to be here. Mother had assured him was, and that he didn't need to wait at the borders for anyone, but he couldn't shake the feeling that someone might find him and punish him for trespassing. He was kind of negative, but he felt like that would keep him safe in the long run.
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
Yuudai took in the youngster. From his brunette tipped ears, his freckled cheeks and his pale tanned pelt. Tilting his head, Yuudai let an uncomfortable pause fall between them. Continuing his evaluation of the yearling and his claim. He did carry his pack scent firmly on his coat, and so the samurai was inclined to believe his story.

“Well... Acheron?” He tested than name seeking confirmation he had indeed pronounced it correctly before continuing. “I am Yuudai. Welcome to the Empire. He seemed to understand the alliance between the two packs and so confirmed his permission by the simple introduction. “Would you like a tour?” he wouldn’t be offended if the boy said no, Yuu often preferred to do his exploration on his own. But he wouldn’t want to seem rude by simply leaving him to his own devices. They were sister packs after all, and Yuudai was nothing of not polite.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
He considered the man's offer for a few moments, unable to make most decisions without thoroughly thinking through them. He did really prefer to do things on his own and process everything in his own way, but he also didn't know this place very well. Plus, what if he ran into someone who wasn't, for whatever reason, familiar with the terms between their packs? It would come in handy to have one of their own with him. Finally, Acheron nodded. A tour would be good, he answered. What's your favorite place? Acheron asked. That was an interesting place to start.
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
Offering a small smile at the acceptance of his offer, Yuudai was just about to set out when the youngster asked him his favourite spot. He had never thought about it before. If he were honest his favourite spot would be his den with Hiromi, of course. The world always fell away when he was with her, and that was where he tended to spend most of his time. However, that would not be part of the tour.

This forced Yuu to think of a better spot to claim as his favourite. "The lake is my favourite spot. Here I'll show you." Yuudai hadn't intended on heading their first, but if Acheron really wished to know his favourite spot, then Yuudai would oblige. He took a step further into the territory, trusting the yearling to follow. "So Acheron, what brings you to us?"
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
The lake; he wondered if it was as cool as the river? Probably not, but he was willing to give it a try. He followed along after the man, silently taking in the valley around him. It was quite different from his home, but not in a bad way. He thought it was actually really pretty here. Yuudai's question brought him from his thoughts and at first, he answered with only a small shrug of his pale shoulders. I don't know, he said first. I guess I was just curious, and I wanted to check this place out. He was silent again, his expression pensive, and then he added: I've been wanting to explore more lately...kind of set out on my own, but I'm afraid of upsetting my family, he told him. He hadn't expected to offer such a glimpse into his inner thoughts, but there it was, and maybe a different perspective would be helpful.
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
They neared the lake, which they could just start to make out through the trees. It was a beautiful calm day, and Yuudai could see the lake had a glistening, glass like top. It was days like this that he would meditate alongside the calm water. The sounds of the woods, and the birds bathing in the lake relaxing. It was the most refreshing place in the whole territory, at least the samurai thought so. He wasn't sure what a young man such as Acheron might think of the spot, but it would remain his favourite.

The yearling revealed himself, more than was possibly intended, but Yuudai simply nodded along. His quiet disposition often lent to being the perfect listener. "Hmm. A valid fear, to be sure." Yuu thought over what best to say. "Everyone has their own path set before them. It isn't uncommon for a yearling, such as yourself, to explore for a bit. Gain independent experience." As usual his voice was quiet, but it was obvious he only spoke what he meant. "Family is important. But don't let your fear of their reaction hold you back." The fact that he was here was telling. Perhaps his family wouldn't be as upset as Acheron thought they might. "They may surprise you."
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
The lake was pretty, there was no denying it, but it also kind of made him sad. Being near the water reminded him of home and how confusing it was to not want to be there. He had been interested in exploring for a while now, but with everything his mom had just dropped on him, some days, he just wanted to run away and pretend none of it was real. It wasn't his normal reaction when things got difficult, which only made things more confusing. 

Yuudai validated his fear, which made the freckled boy nod solemnly. But the man's advice had his mouth twisting in thought. It definitely helped to know that he wasn't alone in his feelings to leave home and explore. And he knew his mom wouldn't stop him, and he supposed Emrik would be supportive, although he was trying not to think too much about the man who was suddenly all cozy with his mom. His sisters—well, he didn't much care what they thought, although he wouldn't want to upset them. He had a feeling they wouldn't really care much what he did, though. Did you leave home to explore when you were a yearling, he asked. Acheron didn't actually know how old he was, but he seemed older than a year for sure. Maybe he had some insight on what it was like to leave home and strike out on your own.
158 Posts
Ooc — Kegana
A silence fell between the pair as the younger man had thought through the samurai’s words. Yuu wasn’t in a rush to break the silence, instead leading the pair closer to the waters edge, and taking a seat. They could linger for a moment to fully absorb the atmosphere of the lake, and Yuudai would continue the tour when he thought the time right. For now it seemed Acheron had some more interesting topics to speak about.

”No I did not. Given my mother’s station in our pack, it was never an option. At that point in my life I already had many responsibilities resting in my shoulders.” Yuudai spoke with a small smile curving his lips, ”I was tasked with protecting Empress Reiko and her best friend, when I was your age. Which turned into my life’s purpose, and I never found the need or desire to leave home.” Yuu offered a tiny shrug, but his smile remain fixed. He was obviously not disappointed in his lack of travel.

He waited to see if the boy might have any more questions for him. Intrigued, and hopeful that he might offer Acheron some helpful advice and show him a differing perspective from what he was used to.