Whitefish River They're not sure just what we have in store
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
All Welcome 
back dated one day to late morning of 5/7
@Tuvaq
@Ira @Evergreen
please allow tuvaq to post first <3

Acheron had been ready to head home and get this over with, so he hadn't slept very much the night before. He had woken early, about the same time the sun had started to rise, and called for Tuvaq so that they could head back to the river. He had been pretty quiet for the journey here, offering short answers to any questions asked. The closer they had gotten to Kaistleoki, the more nervous he had become. He knew he wanted to do this, but he wasn't used to such uncertainty in his life. Being without a pack would be completely different. He was at least grateful for the fact that he wouldn't be on his own.

When they reached the borders, Acheron stopped. This is it, he told his friend. I'll call for the leaders. Their names are Evergreen and Ira, he explained. They're nice, he added. At least they had always been nice to him. With a deep breath, he lifted his muzzle and let out a long howl for the leaders. Then they just had to wait.
80 Posts
Ooc —
Tuvaq had not expected to be roused so early for this, but he wasn't complaining. The boy never really slept much anyway, so he wasn't too put out over the whole thing. Besides, he was excited too - looking forward to seeing the river Acheron was talking about and perhaps even how their pack worked. Forever a seeker of knowledge, Tuvaq could never learn enough.

Nice? Tuvaq didn't really mind if they weren't, but he did suppose that would make things easier. "This is really cool of you, going out on an adventure like this. Brave." Assuming, of course, that Acheron had been a homebody before this. Tuvaq hadn't ever had anything truly stable to go back to. "Thanks for letting me go with you," the boy tacked on at the end, genuinely grateful for the opportunity. And for the fact that he might have made his first genuine friend... ever.
[Image: RT1niQT.png]
Tuvaq is travelling with Acheron, who can jump into any of his threads at any time ^^
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The boy's presence or lack of in this case had slipped past Ira. As each week passed the constable only grew more tired as she anticipated the arrival of her first litter. In addition, she now strayed from the borders remaining closer to the heart of Kaistleoki's territory to avoid any mishaps like Cross's trespassing. However this time the call had been directly for her by one of their own members. Ira would not be alone at the borders and the chances that Evergreen was already on his way ensured her safety (even if she believed in her own abilities to take care of herself should something happen). With her mind made up, she would make her way slowly to the edge of the territory.

However, what surprised the Constable was finding the source came from Acheron. It was nice to see him at the borders, even if his stance suggested he had come from the land past their claim. Perhaps he too would be interested in pursuing a mercenary trade or follow the path of a scout like Emrik. Ira would never complain about too many warriors, it ensured their safety. The roan woman came to an early stop allowing some distance to span between her and the boys as her gaze locked on to their visitor. Acheron, good to see you. Who might this be? Perhaps someone else interested in joining, but until their motives were made clear she would keep her distance. Both Evergreen and Hieronymous had made valid points, one could never be too careful, especially during this season. Her time in Kaistleoki seemed to have lowered her caution, something she wasn't too happy about, but at least she was now aware of being a bit overly trusting.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
evergreen is welcome to jump in at any point!

It was Ira that he saw first, her swollen form moving slowly towards them from somewhere inside the territory. Immediately he wondered if this was inappropriate given her condition. He really had no idea how this whole pregnancy thing worked, but he did know that pups meant everyone would be on high alert for danger. He wondered if it would make her less inclined to agree to what he wanted to ask of her and Evergreen. 

He dipped his head respectfully to the Constable. This is my friend, Tuvaq, he answered. Then he turned to his friend. Tuvaq, this is Ira, one of the leaders here. He would allow them some time to offer any greetings they wished and then he continued. I'm going to leave Kaistleoki, at least for a while...explore the world with Tuvaq, Acheron told her. But I don't want to leave without talking to my mom and sisters first. Oh, and Emrik too, he explained. He paused, looking at Ira and trying to judge her expression, but he could rarely read the leader very well. Would it be alright if Tuvaq stayed here with me for a day or two while I talk to everyone and get ready to leave? It was a big change for him, and he was pretty nervous about it. Plus, he wanted to make sure he talked to everyone before just taking off for an undetermined amount of time. He may never come back, or he may only come back to visit his family. It was all a big unknown right now, which scared the shit out of him if he was being honest. He was still set on doing it, though; he just felt like it was right, and he felt like he was lucky to have a friend to travel with him. I can vouch for him and stay close to him while he's here, he offered.
80 Posts
Ooc —
A woman approached, large and very obviously pregnant. Tuvaq stood up a little straighter, trying to project any aura that said "I absolutely did not get down with a vampire the other day. Twice, and once with a woman." He had the feeling that might not go over well, because these wolves seemed more... traditional. At least in Tuvaq's eyes. 

"Tuvaq Anneriwok." The blond boy dipped his head with a smile, looking up at the dark woman. He wasn't sure if he should talk, but he did regardless, as per the norm. "I would also like to see the river where Acheron is from. And meet some Kaistleoki wolves. From what I understand, you are nice and your home is beautiful." It was, too, lush and green. "You won't have to worry about any trouble from me, ma'am." And she wouldn't, either - Tuvaq would be on his very best behavior here.
Tuvaq is travelling with Acheron, who can jump into any of his threads at any time ^^
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sorry for the delay! Moved this to a priority thread

It seemed her assumption had been quite the opposite, Acheron did not bring his friend to join, he wished to leave. It was natural for kids to leave once they were older, but it was unfortunate to see the boy go. I see. I appreciate the honesty, most just go. Her gaze shifted to the boy beside him. Had either had malintent there would be no reason to come back or call for her and Speedy's boy had never caused trouble for the pack. It was likely he could be trusted, but that did not warrant complete trust. After all, pups were nearing by more than just her. Go see your mom, Tuvaq may follow, but keep him close. We've had some trespassers recently it would be bad if someone mistook him as one.

The Constable would step aside as if motioning that they may cross the borders despite the fact that...well there was no way she could block all of the borders from the start. She would watch the two boys, although shortly after rather they moved or not she would speak up again, If you don't mind, may I ask why? You are free to travel now that you are an adult without leaving our ranks.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
He nodded at her first statement, although he thought it odd that anyone would just leave without informing someone. How else would they know you left on your own? His own brother had just disappeared, and Acheron was pretty positive he had gotten lost or taken or something equally terrible. He didn't like to think about it much because it wasn't something he had any control over. Castor was gone, and he wasn't sure he would ever be found now. But he pushed the depressing thoughts from his mind; this wasn't the time to get into all that. 

Thanks, Ira, he offered. She didn't have to allow any of this, especially knowing that he would be leaving. And he would be sure to keep Tuvaq close, not that he really minded that part. 

At her suggestion, he drew in a deep breath. I appreciate that, he said first, and he really did. Kaisteloki would always be his home, and he was grateful that he would still have a place here. But, I'm not sure how long I'll be gone, and I kind of want to do this on my own. He wanted to enter the world as a lone wolf. Would it be alright if I visited occasionally, though? he asked after a pause. I wouldn't trespass or anything. I'd just like to stop by and make sure mom knew I was okay from time to time. He knew she would worry.
80 Posts
Ooc —
This seemed much more like a Kaistleoki wolf discussion, so Tuvaq stayed quiet for most of it, watching the pregnant woman talk to his companion. Part of him felt possessive, like he was taking something from them, and somewhere deep down he was proud. But another part of him - the bigger part that was continuously trying to be better now that he was around Acheron more - stomped that down. Acheron was making this decision - they were exploring together. This would be a big change for Acheron, and he wanted to respect that. 

Chartreuse eyes traveled between the two, and he remained quiet.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
last post from me, but if you can get one more post in so the thread is at least at 10 I'd appreciate it!

It was only fair that the boy wanted to explore on his own, most young adults did after all. Ira was sure Acheron was more than capable of taking care of himself by now so there was no point trying to stop him. His mind was made up. Of course you may visit, you will always have a home here. His mother had done more than enough to ensure her lineage's spot amongst the river wolves. I'm sure you'll find many exciting things on your own. The world is a big place, just don't forget about your family. She was sure Speedy would have a similar conversation with the boy and likey nag his ear off as moms do, but perhaps a reminder from someone else would make it more likely to remember. I trust you can find her on your own, enjoy your stay Tuvaq. With a nod of her head the Constable would branch off making her way back towards her den.
133 Posts
Ooc — hela
Thanks, Ira, he offered with a respectful dip of his head. He would heed her advice, of course, but there was no way he would forget his family or his home. He was looking forward to exploring and finding out what all was out there beyond Kaistleoki, but it comforted him to know that he always had a place here, no matter what. 

He turned to his friend and offered him a shy smile. Come on; I'll show you around, he said. Then he trotted forward, looking back only to make sure the pale boy was following him.