Wheeling Gull Isle Breath of the sea
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
All Welcome 
For @Minori. Set at the Tide Pools.

Tzila was ravenous. The pangs of hunger had hit her suddenly. She had woken up like this, her belly rumbling. She spent the majority of the day scouring the island, searching for anything she could get her teeth around. Most of her catches were small, limited to the crabs which had emerged from hiding beneath the sand. She had tried her luck in the shallows with a small school of fish, but came up empty. Tzila may have grown up along a coastline, but her fishing skills were sorely lacking.

Still craving nutrients, both for herself and the slowly growing life inside her, she turned to the tide pools. She waited impatiently for low tide and navigated the rocky little pools carefully when they were exposed. Peering into each one hopefully, pawing at the bottom to try and reveal any hidden, edible treasures.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The opposite had struck Minori, who had woken up feeling strangely tired and nauseated. As usual the warrior attempted to walk it off, walking over the land bridge and along the coast with a slower pace occasionally letting out a burp from indigestion. Spotting someone disappearing down the beach she followed, ears perked up as she caught the scent of Yuèlóng. Eager to actually meet someone seeing as the male she'd tried to meet days earlier had brushed her off in a rush she hurried toward the pools. "Hello, you're from Yuèlóng?" she called out forgetting her manners and pausing in her approach in case she startled the woman. Why had she asked such a dumb question? Clearly she was, she smelled of the island strong enough. "I'm Minori" she introduced trying to prompt conversation and finding that after much time alone it wasn't easy anymore. That's why she happened to enjoy Yuèlóng, Hūa had welcomed in and given her responsibility which meant a hell of a lot to the General. Work always meant purpose to her but nowadays if she had a job to do then she had a reason to get up every day and face the absence of everyone she had ever loved.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Her luck in her efforts was limited. All that she managed to scrounge out of the pool she had been searching in was one measly clam. And not a very big one. With a dexterous flip of her paw, Tzila let it clatter onto the rocky stones by her paws. Before she could dive in and enjoy the bite sized snack, a voice called out to her.

Not one to be easily startled, her inky ears flicked, showing that she was quite aware of Minori's presence nearby. Not in the least bit alarmed by her sudden appearance, Tzil turned to face her. Cool silver eyes appraised her swiftly, while the scent of Yuèlóng clung to her. "Yes. I'm one of Hua's more recent additions." She said simply. Stepping over the fallen clam at her feet, Tzila edged closer, tail giving a sway to show good intentions. "I'm Tzila."
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Not realising that she had interrupted the meal Minori offered a sway of her tail in return that increased in speed when Tzila introduced herself as a newcomer. "Me too, joined about a week ago" she said with a friendly smile and then added conversationally "It's peaceful but Hua's children should be coming out in a few weeks" her tone was humorous for once. "How are you liking it so far?" she asked, curious to hear someone else's opinion about the island pack since there hadn't been anyone else around to talk to besides Hua, who recently she'd been politely trying to give her space because the work it took to tend to newborns.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
The barest trace of a smile cracked at the edges of her lips. Hearing that this female, Minori, had also recently joined the pack. What caught her attention next, was a certain edge to Minori's scent. Of the very same type that Tzila herself carried. Feeling it far too early to bring up the subject in front of a newly acquainted pack mate, she ignored it and kept focused on the conversation.

"I'm looking forward to seeing them. Hua...she is such a sweet woman. I can already tell she will be a natural at motherhood." She added, having nothing but positive things to say about the Empress thus far. "I won't lie, it is a bit of an adjustment." She answered, sitting to curl her tail over her paws. "It's been many years since I've been by the coastline. Long story, I thought some change was in order, so I decided to head back to my roots, to start."
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Hua was a very kind woman, Minori nodded agreeing wholly thinking about the leader raising her children. Was there someone helping her? It wasn't her business to pry around but having been left to raise Deku alone and Orochi to watch over as well, she felt empathetic towards the new mother. Tzila went on to talk about the coast and adjusting to it which had her starting to nod again before she paused looking surprised "You've lived by the sea before? This is brand new to me" she smiled eyes glimmering as she shrugged, eyes softening as she motioned to the area around them "I can't complain. It's beautiful and there are plenty of fish when the mainland isn't an option" well protected she might add. "The peace is what makes it hard to settle down for me. I'm not used to it" she wasn't complaining about that either but it was true. Leaving Blacktail Deer Plateau somehow started events that gave her and then took away everything she ever loved resulting in constant turmoil and chaos. The island was....a shock to her system and more than anything she could ever ask for.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
"I did." She confirmed with a slight nod, before continuing. "I was born in coastal region very similar to this place." Her silver eyes shifted, averting some, then. She took a small little sigh, perhaps of regret or perhaps of less than stellar memories. "But due to some...less than favorable circumstances involving my family, I abandoned it. I found myself favoring woodlands and even dry, open spaces instead." She looked back to Minori, ears tilting back in a display of understanding. "I know just what you mean. I miss the mainland and I don't think I will ever be able to detach myself from it completely. But...I felt it necessary to revisit something so close to my roots, at this stage in my life." She wouldn't delve into too much details. Later when the two women were comfortable with one another, then perhaps Tzila would open up.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
im sorry this will probably suck so badly and i don't mean to rush her out but i'm struggling with Minori, would you be okay wrapping it up? We can have another one after Hua accepts her pregnancy?
Tzila's sigh resonated in her soul and she nodded sympathetically "I was taken from my home way way across the ocean by beasts that walked on two legs in a box kept asleep in a weird small den and placed a few months travel from here. The prey and plant life was so different back home" she sounded wistful for a moment before continuing "I enjoy everything i've seen here" she had noticed during their chat that the woman's scent had something else to it, something that made her itch to speak up but she bit her tongue. Feeling awkward suddenly and unsure of herself she offered a warm smile "I have to go make sure someone I brought recently is alright, I was out taking a walk" the excuse was awkwardly made but her smile was genuine and she swayed her tail, feeling bad about the need to retreat to the safety of Takara's side.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
That's fine with me. I'd love another thread sometime!

Dark brows furrowed, her head tipping slightly, quizzically. These creatures that walked on two legs she said, and their odd den. It all sounded very peculiar to Tzila, who knew nothing of what Minori spoke. Yet her features were soft with sympathy. They had barely met, but she was already feeling a strange, slight pull to this woman. "That's...unlike anything I have ever heard. Very strange, I must say..." She smiled then, perfectly at ease in the others presence. "I think I may yet come around to this place." Noticing Minori's awkwardness, she nodded with understanding in her eyes as she got up and excused herself. "Don't let me keep you." She moved past her, in a different direction, pausing once. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Minori. I hope to see you around again soon." She offered, before the two females parted ways, if only temporarily.