Stone Circle We're home!
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
All Welcome 
AW but I'd love some GB

Arlette couldn't help but feel a little giddy when she saw Easthollow lay before her. She had never traveled so far, seen so much, and still long for her home where she had been all her life. She glanced at @Kaito, biting her lip because this would be the moment of truth. They had been in their own little bubble while they explored their relationship. It had been amazing to spend every day with the boy she liked without any interruption. But now they were back at Easthollow she did hope her parents would approve. She knew her mother probably did but @Greyback. She just hoped that he was in an as good of a mood as she was to be back.

The female howled as she entered to let the wolves of Easthollow know she was back. They had taken a bit longer than promised but that was also because she took a detour past Kaistleoki and it was just great being on the road together. The only downside was that she had been a little sick the last week. There had been little she could eat that hadn't made her sick. Luckily it was getting better. Arlette, as a proclaimed healer just thought she might have gotten too much medicine or herbs in her system while carrying them back to Easthollow. And the glow that was radiating of the female? That was clearly because of her love for Kaito.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Arlette?" he gasped, hearing the howl from the borders. She was home?
She was home!

The man dropped the task he was doing and turned, tail wagging as he bounded across the territory with enthusiasm he hadn't had in a long while. His legs felt light, no longer heavy from ages work and toiling. Perhaps it was his happiness?

"Arlette!" He called loudly while sprinting over the meadow and down into the forest glade. "You're home!" Valette would be happy to have her return. He skidded to a stop before her, tongue lolling slightly as he panted from exertion and heat. "You were gone so long and I-" His gaze shifted to Kaito, the male trailing behind her. It had been some time since he last saw the boy, and though he still didn't quite know how to feel Arlette was home safe and sound.

The elder smiled at the boy, and then to his daughter. "-I was starting to get worried."

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette beamed when she saw Greyback. At this moment, she was just happy to see her father. He seemed happy to see her as well. Still, the female knew that her father had caused quite a lot of damage to her relationship with Kaito. Because of him, Kaito had even ignored her. "Papa!," she greeted and did give him a good snuggle in greeting before stepping back.

"It did take a little longer because I finally managed to find Kaistleoki and visited Ira! She is having pups! You are going to be a grandfather!," she couldn't help but instantly share the good news. Arlette briefly smiled at Kaito, knowing that this moment was probably nerve-wracking for him. "We also managed to gather and bring home a lot of herbs if any of our family gets ill or injured." She explained to him.

Then she spotted her mother on the horizon. Valette came down as well and greeted her, and Kaito. Arlette was happy to see her mother as well before Valette went to stand by her mate. Arlette recited herself again about Ira and bringing back the herbs. It felt so good to see her parents happy and excited to see her. "Kaito and I saw so many things!," she then beamed. "Kaito was great, he even made sure that we survived a snowstorm in the mountains. I couldn't have done this without him," she spoke lovingly, kind of hinting at her other news.

@Kaito wanted to move this thread forward. So PP'ing him in the background. Feel free to join any time or just make a cameo! Hopefully you won't mind the mild PP! Let me know!
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Got it!

He was glad the little girl was happy to seem him. He remembered a time where she almost looked fearful of him after the events of Vespera. He sighed in relief. "So I've heard. Are you happy to be even more of a big sister?" He chuckled. To be honest the man was still quite sore from the events of Ira telling him and valette of their future.

"I'm happy to hear that. You're doing such a good job of keeping after us. Im sure we will need them in the coming months when hunting picks back up. Those buffalo are dangerous." He praised, leaning down to give her affection at the top of her crown. It warmed his heart to know Arlette would stick around and provide for them. Sometimes the male got a little down-hearted seeing so many wolves come and go.

"I believe I should thank him then," Greyback chuckled, turning to the agouti male and bowing his head with a smile. Perhaps, one more, he had been wrong about the boy. He had saved his daughter and made her happy... "Let us hurry and get you some food for that stomach of yours. You're looking thin."

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette nodded at her father. It was good that Ira had come to visit and tell them the news. She hoped that Greyback would be just as happy. "Well they would be far away," she admitted. "But of course I am excited." She was just sad that she wasn't going to see them grow up like her other siblings. She was unaware of the struggle her parents have with the fact that Ira's pups would have a different structure than other families.

Arlette wasn't sure why she deserved so much praise. When she left her father had been rather grumpy and not that pleasant towards Kaito. Now he even seemed to praise him. Arlette looked at him a bit in disbelief, and then at Kaito. They hadn't really expected such a welcome. Arlette was at loss for words. She almost wanted to ask if he father was alright but decided against it. She didn't want to embarrass him. It was actually nice to see him so supportive, this was how she remembered Greyback. "I am just glad I can help the family," she eventually spoke with a soft smile. She always felt like she hadn't been contributing enough because she didn't like to hunt or patrol.

The female wasn't sure if she should be happy that she looked thin. She wanted to look healthy, but she had been a bit sick so perhaps with a good meal she would bounce right back. "I'd like that." She was most certain that Kaito would feel welcomed as well. "It feels strange to be back home. But also good that little had changed. At least, I hope? Are you and mama having pups?" That might explain the good mood....
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The male turned to stride away, his tail flicking at his hocks as he expected his daughter and Kaito to follow. "Yes, but im sure they will visit frequently," he responded. It would mean the world for him to see his Ira's children. His grandchildren among the fields of Wapun, their tiny bodies leaping through the grass as they excitedly asked questions about the buffalo and stones.

He longed for it.

Perhaps it was because Valette and him weren't having children of their own. She had not addressed it yet, but the man could tell by the lack of scent, lack of swelling in her sides. Nothing was there. It pained him to see that reality, to be slapped in the face with the fact that perhaps his body was too old to give life. He flicked his ear as Arlette asked, and with a clearing of his throat, he shook his head. "I'm afraid not, dear... but it is alright. It just means I have more time to spend with you!"

He added on a chuckle just for good measure, not wanting Arlette to know of his sorrow.

Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
ah the good happy days haha, I will wrap this one up <3

Arlette's face fell a bit when Greyback told her that they wouldn't have pups. Whaaaat? She caught up with him. Kaito also hot on their trail. She was glad that everything seemed so normal, it meant that she could be normal as well. Just like how life was before. "Oh no, I'm sorry. Why not?," she asked, unsure why. Was it a conscious decision? The female looked over Greyback, he did look a little old now she had not seen him in awhile. "I like that though," she admitted and followed him in the territory.