Wapun Meadow something soft and soaked in pain
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Private 
@Kukulkan - set May 16th, evening, 44 degrees f

His invitation for the tall boy had been impulsive, but had come from a good place, and, well, it wasn't bad to have a companion on his trip back to Ursus. After all, it took him longer than most to cover that distance, so the traveling buddy was much appreciated. Besides, he doubted Kukulkan would be able to get that far that quickly anyway.

Wapun Meadow was prettier now that Spring was in full force. The grass was emerald, the flowers a motley of rainbow shades scattered across. It was evening, now - the sun was placed lower in the sky, casting shade over the vibrant meadow and the babbling brook made for nice ambient music. All-in-all, it was stunning, and Evien was content to bask in the beauty for a while. 

Besides, they would probably need to take a break before they got back to the Valley anyway. It would probably be best for K to be fully rested when he met Merrick. 

"How are you holding up?" Evien asked, turning his head to look at the other boy and pausing mid-step. It would have been a question the medic asked quite often on their trip, wanting to ensure he wasn't pushing his patient further than he could be pushed.
the phoenix prince
64 Posts
Ooc — Etkri
[Image: banner_by_etkri-dc1tt1y.jpg]

After having been largely isolated and tucked away from sunlight for the greater part of the last few months, there was a noticeable relief in this trek south in new company. It felt wrong to leave Emberwood, as though he were giving up on his last chance to find those he’d lost, but since all this time had passed, he accepted the reality that anyone left had been long gone. Staying would have been a fool’s effort.

Evien had been kind enough to keep in pace with Kukulkan’s slowed stride, no thanks to his weakened state. If the brown male did have any objections, he was courteous enough to not voice it. Shoulders rolling with each step, the southern boy kept relatively quiet on their trek, both out for the conservation of his energy and in trying to sort through the flurry of thoughts that plagued his mind.

Blue and purple shadows stretched across the ripples of color in the meadow before them, it was a gorgeous sight. Kukulkan hadn’t noticed the toll his body had been taking from their long journey until Evien paused and checked in. Actually taking conscious note of how he felt, the warm strain in his muscles won over and he chuckled dryly, shrugging and slowing down, ”Ain’t perfect, but a damn good deal better.”

Clicking his tongue inside his cheek, he cast a wistful glance around, thoughts piecing together slowly into, ”Thanks, y’know... I can go a bit more, if ya need...” A rest wasn’t objectionable, but the idea of being somewhere a bit safer pushed him. This stranger had gone above and beyond even helping him in the first place, but to offer him some refuge in his home? If K were more like the rest of his family, he’d be suspicious... but not quite there yet...

”Anything is should know b’fore we get there? ‘bout yer home?” Warmth, it had returned to his voice, after being gone for so long.

[Image: murdermuffin666_by_etkri-dc1wf3p.png]
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
He did sound better, if Evien were being honest with himself. Like he was more clear-headed, with this funny little accent that brought a smile to the healer's face. When he'd first seen the lanky boy, he had looked about ready to keel over. K still needed some TLC, clearly, but they were on the way toward healing, and that was enough for now. 

"That's good. Tell me if you ever start feeling worse," he advised, slowing his own pace to match with the larger boy's. It was important to keep going, but the healer was tired, and he figured that if he was tired, then the still-healing boy would be as well. 

One forepaw brushed against the tops of some of the flowers at his feet - reds and blues and yellows - before he responded to Kukulkan's next statement. "I'd rather us both get a little rest before we get to the borders tomorrow. It'll make you look like you're worth keeping around." That was a tease, and Evien's eyes flicked back to the larger wolf with a small smile. 

Anything is should know b'fore we get there? 'bout your home?

Probably, actually. Evien hummed a bit before he responded. "It's a little... weird. The wolves around there are aggressive and territorial. They shouldn't bother you as long as you're with me," he assured, hoping to quell any unease. "Just so long as you don't steal or pick fights." Not that he thought the larger wolf would, of course, but Evien was in the mood to play around a bit. "But if you did that, I'd take care of you myself."
the phoenix prince
64 Posts
Ooc — Etkri
[Image: banner_by_etkri-dc1tt1y.jpg]

Kukulkan nodded quickly at the healer’s request for updates, it was the least he could do for someone looking to help him.Though as the colors in the sky shifted, darkening, he began wishing for a rest. Not that he’d voice it.

At the mention of resting, however, Kukulkan’s ass promptly landed on the ground, disturbing the gentle swaying of the wildflowers and even sending a few of their petals dancing in the breeze. His gaze, getting a bit of that ember glow back, that spark of life, met Evien’s with a smirk as he cluhckled, tongue in cheek, ”Come now, I’ma sure ya say that t’all the half dead fellas ya pick up outta the shitter.” A short pause before stopping and turning his eyes southward, towards their destination.

”I’m sure ain’t none of that healing magic knowledge ya got can pull somethin’ like that off, heh.” Spoken as lightly as a summer breeze, leaving no room for pity, only for snark.

As Evien continued, there should have been anxiety in his veins. Any normal beast might have been wary about entering the domain of a group described in such a way, but it was... familiar to him. Reminiscent of his old life, of the one he’d been built up around. A long pause of thought broken only by a slight chuckle. Oh how this male was speaking his language...

”Sounds like my kinda place,” Sights turning back to him, ”an’ I’ll be sure to start all kinds’a ruckus, just fer ya.” An ear twitch, a snarky purse of the lips all playful. All teasing.

All the little bits of Kukulkan returning.

”Now don’t go threatenin’ me with’a good time.”

[Image: murdermuffin666_by_etkri-dc1wf3p.png]
325 Posts
Ooc — Van
Was this flirting? Evien wasn't sure, but he did know that he enjoyed the banter he had with the lanky wolf beside him. Which was strange, because normally he might consider him to be pretty annoying, but... well, he just didn't. 

"Only to the ones who really look half dead," he responded, and yeah, that really wasn't how to flirt. K actually was pretty attractive, he thought, so it wasn't fair for Evien to comment on his appearance like that. But he really had been a sorry sight at first - it was just that he was improving day by day. "Clearly my healing magic has done a pretty good job, because you seem to be feeling a lot better now," he remarked, eyeing the other boy from the corner of his eye.

The lanky male quipped again, and Evien let out a breath of a chuckle before covering it up by clearing his throat.

Turning around, the brown wolf arched a brow. Threaten him with a good time? A small smile formed on his maw as he sat down, bad leg stretched out awkwardly. "What would a good time entail?" he questioned, tipping his head to the side. Almost a bit of a challenge.