Wapun Meadow Time can heal
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
Steph had made her way to Wapun Meadow. She loved it in the spring, when all the flowers were blooming and there were so many colors. She lowered her muzzle to sniff one, and found herself sneezing. It took a few moments for her to recover from the fit, and she decided that maybe the flowers were best left to gaze at from a distance. At least far enough that she wouldn't sneeze again. 

As she wandered through the field, she found her thoughts wandering, too—to @Sunny. Valette had let her know that he didn't have any memories from before his accident, so Steph knew he wasn't thinking of her. But, she still wondered how he was doing. It must have been difficult for him, being an adult, almost reborn, but having nothing to go on. Maybe it was a good thing for him. He wouldn't have the heartache of lost loves. He could start anew, and do it anywhere. 

A soft wind blew, stopping Steph in her tracks, and she closed her eyes to enjoy the smell. It was as if he was here. Of course, he wasn't. He was off, she was sure, making a new life for himself. It would not do any good for her to go searching for him. What would she say? Hey, I love you, even though you don't know who I am. She sighed and turned into the breeze, her eyes opening finally.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Time healed all wounds.
Except the wound left by realising what a failure he was as a grown man. Reborn into a harder existence than he'd grown up in, one where he was little more than a disappointment to everyone. His sons were gone, his daughter hated him, wife dead and the rest of his family moved on. The way Dawn had greeted him was a dose of reality, that he needed to stay away and figure his life out on his own. Since leaving Whitebark the loneliness had faded in the routine of survival and caught up in the season he'd slept with a woman, a nameless face who'd taken the first move and seduced him. It hadn't amounted to anything, there wasn't any sentiment shared and she had left him there on his own when it was done. Being tossed aside made him think of Steph, her smile and warmth haunting him until his paws dragged him back toward Teekon and toward Easthollow. The last he knew she had vanished with his son but if there was any place she would eventually return to it would be that pack. 

Deep in thought about if Valette would even let him stay Sunny entered the meadow and his heart stopped. Sunlight on sleek black fur, the glimpse of green eyes...like a fairytale she appeared before him. "Steph" he gasped stepping out into the flowers, striding toward her tail wagging as his heart raced afraid she'd turn and it wouldn't be her in the end.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
At first, she just didn't believe what she was seeing. It looked like Sunny, sounded like Sunny, but he said her name. Sunny didn't remember her... right? Her breath caught in her throat, scared that breathing meant time would move, and this mirage would turn to dust. It was a long moment before she finally moved towards him. She still didn't believe it was him, but scents didn't lie. He didn't smell of Morningside, of his children, or even of Dawn. But, he did smell like him.

Sunny? she questioned as the empty space disappeared between them. How do you know my name? she asked. Valette said you had no memory, she explained. Ah, who cares. He's here! Not waiting for the answer, she attempted to stick her nose into the fur of his neck and inhale his sweet scent. I've missed you so much, she mumbled.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
"What if I say I never forgot your name?" he asked with a warm and humorous smile as she rushed to nuzzle him leaving him standing there and wagging, a blank look on his face before he melted and placed his muzzle across the back of her neck pulling her closer. He felt a squeeze in his chest when she said she'd missed him, feeling the same though he'd only begun to remember it all as of recently. "I missed you too, i'm sorry for being gone so long. I was sick and extremely out of it" that was as much of an explanation as he could muster, he didn't want their reunion to be filled with the heavy subject of being on the outs with his family. Leaving Whitebark Stream without a word probably wasn't the best but after Minnow's scent had begun to fade he didn't see himself needed hanging around Dawn's new life. "Are you back in Easthollow?" he asked, pulling back to give her a smile and sitting down not wanting to move away quite yet.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her smile was bright as he confessed he had never forgotten her name. Her heart swelled with something akin to love as they embraced. He admitted he had missed her too, and apologized for being gone so long. She shook her head side to side gently. There's no need to apologize, she said softly. I came back just last week. I got injured and lost, she explained. Her tail thumped the ground as she sat in front of him, not caring about personal space. 

She turned to look back towards Stone Circle, thinking a moment before turning back to him. Easthollow will always be home to me, she admitted. But, I want to be with you. So, if we're in Easthollow, or somewhere else, I'll go wherever you go. In a perfect world, she would stay in Easthollow forever. But, she didn't want to lose Sunny again. Plus, Easthollow was very full, and she worried there would not be room enough for the both of them.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Following her gaze toward Easthollow he thought about Valette. The woman who had given him home and family, who had never cast him aside when he needed the help. His family had always came and left, only staying for so long before saying goodbye again. Would the Matriarch take as kindly to him snatching away her daughter again when the last time they both had wound up lost and injured. The worrying was put to an end fast as she declared that she'd go wherever he went, forgotten as he looked down at her with adoration his eyes sparkling "Easthollow is like a home to me too, I promise wherever we end up it'll be close enough to visit" he smiled his tail wagging against the grass "What do you say about working to reform Morningside with me? As in leading with me" he immediately felt nervous, what if she didn't want that kind of responsibility?

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She smiled as Sunny assured her that no matter where they ended up, they would be able to visit Easthollow, since he considered them family, as well. Just when she thought her heart couldn't swell up any more, he asked her to help bring Morningside together again, and to lead with him. For a moment, she was quiet, soaking it in before her body would allow her to answer him. 

She smiled, of course, and nodded her head. I'm so honored you would choose me to stand by you, and I promise to be the very best Alpha, and mate to you, she said softly, assuming that the two went hand in hand. She leaned forward to touch her muzzle to his.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Her smile was dazzling by itself but then she said "mate" and he blinked, repeating it in his head to be sure he'd heard right. At first it was his tail that swayed at his hinds, then a goofy wide smile formed on his maw as he scooted closer to press his muzzle against her neck. "i'd want you with me even if it weren't to start Morningside" he whispered softly his heart racing inside of his chest while it still sank in that Steph would be his new mate. "How about we make sure to meet up every day?" the suggestion came before he could put much thought to it and he held his breath, praying he wouldn't immediately start coming across as overprotective.

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph wasn't feeling any of the scared uncertainty that she had when Valette had appointed her Beta of Easthollow. That was more than a year ago, and Steph had been through a lot, and had grown so much. Now, she knew she could be a good leader. And the fact that it was with Sunny just made it all the sweeter. 

Unable to keep her excitement inside, she stood and pranced in a few circles, stopping when he suggested they meet up at least once a day. She was confused at first. Wouldn't they travel together? And, then she understood. Oh, divide and conquer! Yes! That's a great idea! Should we have a designated meeting spot? she asked, unsure how they would come together if they didn't.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Butterflies.

They fluttered from his belly to his chest causing a skip of his heart as he watched her spin with excitement, eyes crinkling with warmth before he stood and motioning to the north "There's a lake about a day's north. It's a good place inbetween Easthollow and Whitebark Stream to camp out in till we have people with us" his tail swayed from side to side slowly. Truth was there wasn't much of a plan thought out in his head. Step one had been to figure out he wanted to make Morningside again. Step two had been deciding that he wasn't content doing it without knowing if Steph would be by his side. Now.....they'd have to figure out what to and where to go from here on out together. "Race you for as long as possible" stepping close he bumped her playfully with his forehead before jogging off a few paces toward their destination, turning back and giving her a grin. He knew he wouldn't win being as large and weighed down by fur and muscle as he was but the fun was in the game and watching her engage in it.