Jade Fern Grove mossy stones to tell the weather
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Trade 
Trade thread for @Pheiros !

This place wasn't awful. Lush with life from spring showers and sun. Which meant the pickings for a healer would be a delight. Something he would silently relish in for the time being.

There was plenty of moss to be found if he looked just right. Some located in the shadier spots of stones resting against roots. Some of it on trees, a bit too high for his liking but that didn't seem to stop him from trying. Reared onto hind legs with front paws pressed against the trunk. Neck stretched out far enough to make him look a bit odd.

Desperation drove a man to odd lengths.
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
thanks for starting!!

He often followed the river down from the bypass, choosing a different each day and exploring whatever seemed interesting. He liked this time by himself; it gave him a chance to worry only about his thoughts and not about what others expected from him. Today, Pheiros followed the river west and stuck to it as it wound through the forest. 

Not much had interested him enough to stop for very long, at least not until he saw an attractive pair of dark legs belonging to the body of a handsome stranger. He couldn't tell exactly what he was doing, but it seemed like he was maybe having some difficulty. So, Pheiros stopped a few feet from the man, peering up at him to softly ask: Do you need some help? He wasn't actually sure he could help, but he couldn't just keep walking now, and offering help seemed like the what he should do.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away
It was with an almost comical pose that he was discovered. Head tilted back so he could peer (albeit upside down) at the stranger. Vidar was...embarrassed truthfully. Still he stayed still and silent. Briefly admiring the unique stranger for a moment before he found the words he wanted.

Do you think you are tall enough to grab some moss? It was very hard to get the proportions of someone right when you stared at them with an upside down view.
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Pheiros watched the strange man look at him upside down, a shy smile curving his lips before it instantly fell away when asked if he was tall enough to reach the moss. Um... was all he said at first because he had no idea what to say. He was frozen with insecurity. First of all, he was most likely not any taller than the stranger was, so there was not really any hope that he could do better at reaching this moss. Second, he had no idea what moss was. He thought maybe he was referring to the soft green stuff that clung to bark of the tree, but he realized just then that he didn't actually know what that stuff was. He looked around awkwardly, wondering if should lie, but he couldn't really come up with a lie either. 

Um, I'm not sure he finally answered. He wasn't sure if he was tall enough and he wasn't sure if he knew what moss was, but he also wasn't sure how to explain that without looking stupid.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Slowly he'd come down from his standing position against the tree. Shake loose his coat from any debris before he faced the stranger who looked perhaps even more unique from a right view. Odd! He wondered if perhaps the Old Gods had created such a form with something specific in mind.

Ah, it's... Turned his head to point at the soft green patch growing on the tree. Right there. For reference on just where he was trying to pick from. I require it for a little healing stash of mine. Didn't the guy want to help out such a noble cause?
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The man came back down, standing on all four paws before him. Yep still handsome. which made things even more awkward for Pheiros. His murky green gaze followed where the stranger pointed. So the green stuff was moss. But now he was filled to even more questions—like how did he use them for healing? First, though, he wanted to try and help him in some way. Well, maybe I could give you a boost? he suggested; he had almost reached it, so surely this would help him get close enough to collect some of the plant. 

He walked over and leaned against the tree. If you stand on my back, you should be able to get close enough. His expression was hopeful. It wasn't often he had an idea, and he really wanted this to work.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Vidar was not a beefy wolf. He was lean, meant for speed and some stamina. However he felt some worry at being asked to stand on someone. A bit self-conscious about possibly being too heavy for the young man. Still...it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

Um, okay. A bit hesitant as he crept towards the golden man. If I'm too heavy you have to tell me, okay? Vidar was not in the business of crushing others. Not for no reason, at least.

If the other was ready, the Archer would attempt to make quick work of this. Which was not easy as he tried to figure out just how to stand on the other. Mindful of his head and neck. How awful it would be to step on those.

Just a few more seconds and he'd have the moss between his teeth — if he wasn't too heavy on his company, that was.
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Okay, I will, he promised. He wouldn't, though. If the stranger was too heavy, he'd rather just deal with it than miss the opportunity to do something that would put him in someone's good graces. 

The dark man approached and carefully climbed onto his back. He was actually a little heavy, but it really wasn't too bad. Pheiros could handle it for a little bit. And it turned out the whole process was over quickly, and then the stranger was back on the ground, prize held in his jaws. 

Pheiros wagged his tail, a grin moving slowly across his face. That wasn't too bad, he assured the man. Then he looked curiously at the moss. So, what do you use that for? he asked hesitantly.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He believed this encounter would have him sticking strictly to moss from stones. No way would he even run the risk of having to climb someone in order to get something. Nothing could be that important.

Vidar was pleased to have some sort of change for his mind to focus on. Delicately he'd set the moss down between his paws before he thought to elaborate. Well, moss is good at holding water. Which makes it good for transfering water to sick or injured wolves. His gaze would move from the golden man to the soft vegetation he had plucked. I suppose it might work for open injuries as well. Stopping any bleeding, maybe. He hadn't exactly had a chance to try such a method himself.
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
ty for my kudos! <3

He listened intently as the stranger described his uses for moss, his eyes moving to look over the plant closely. It was surprisingly very interesting to learn that this ordinary thing could be used in such a way. He began to wonder if anything else around him could be used similarly. But one question in particular came to mind as his thoughts zoomed around inside his head. His gaze lifted to the man. How would you use it to stop bleeding? he asked. It seemed like a pretty useful piece of information. He assumed bleeding was probably something you didn't want to let go on for too long. And the fact that it could hold water was helpful too. Maybe he would have a chance to prove himself useful with such knowledge. He had many other things he wanted to ask this kind stranger, but he reminded himself to let him answer the one he already asked first. Excitement was obvious on his face, though, as he waited.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away

He paused to give a bit of a thoughtful look, wondering just how might it be applied. I suppose if...say someone has torn your neck. Which was a horrible thought, not one he exactly enjoyed offering to such nice company. I bet if someone held the moss to it, it might help stop — or at slow — the bleeding in a pinch. Surely it wouldn't hurt to at least try such a method.

Cobwebs also help with bleeding, though. More traditonal method I believe. He thought to offer. Just in case the moss did not work as he figured it might.
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His eyes widened a little at the thought of such a wound on his neck. He had never suffered any kind of injury, so had had no real reference, but that sounded painful. Not to mention, he figured someone would really have to be angry with him to do to something like that, and that was an even worse thought. 

He was pulled from the startling picture by the stranger's continued explanation. Cobwebs he was familiar with, but he had never heard of them being used for that purpose. Wow... Pheiros answered softly. How do you know all of this stuff? he asked next. How did one gather all of this information? He had always expressed an interest in healing, but he never really knew how to get started.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away
He'd offer a smile at the golden man's curiosity. It always felt nice to have someone be interested in what he did.

Learned a bit back in my birthland, Torbine. He shared with fondness in his voice. I'm not the best, but I hope to further my skills here. The lands seem good for it. Plenty to pluck from with all sorts of terrains in the area. He could not ask for a better place away from home.

Do you know anything of healing? Vidar would ask before he moved to grab the moss once more. A slight gesture with his head for the unique one to join him, if he wished.
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Were you a healer back home? he asked curiously. Or maybe he had been studying to be one since he said he was looking to further his skills? Either way, he seemed far more knowledgeable than Pheiros. 

He shook his head when asked about his own healing abilities. No, not at all, he answered. He wanted to there to be no false expectations. I would really like to learn, though; I jut haven't had anyone to teach me, he added. And if he was being honest, he hadn't really made it a priority to learn. But that would change because he very badly wanted to be an asset to the pack.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away
A lil bit. He hummed informally through the moss in his mouth. Knowledge is plenty. Application not as vast. It was not often that he had actually needed to be out there healing others. However he had absorbed plenty through listening and lessons. Handled a few minor cases. Illness or cuts.

Ah! That was a bit of a fun answer to be given. His tail would give a few broad sweeps behind him. Y'know, Started as he found his stashed collection of moss to drop the piece in his mouth at. I could always teach you. If you'd like. It would be nice to pass along his knowledge to someone who might have a chance to use it more.
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He nodded his understanding. It didn't seem like such a bad thing to Pheiros that there hadn't been many hurt wolves needing a healer, but he guessed it could make bettering your skills a challenge.

Pheiros watched as the man placed the moss into a pile with more moss, drawn further into their conversation as he waited to see what would follow his first word. His tail wagged against his hocks at the offer, and his face brightened up a little. Really? he asked. You wouldn't mind? He wasn't a very fast learner, but he would work hard to learn whatever the other man offered him. I would really appreciate it. More than he could express.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Away
I wouldn't mind at all. He assured with a brief grin. It's better to share knowledge than hoard it for yourself. Especially among those who seemed kind and perhaps in need of a guiding hand. Who was Vidar to decline his place to play that role?

What's your name? He would certainly need it if he was going to teach him. Unless he start calling the stranger golden man out loud. Embarrassing!
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
At this point, he was considering himself to be very lucky. He had wanted to learn more for some time, and now all he had done was offer to help a stranger and now that stranger was willing to teach him some things about healing. His tail wagged faster behind him, and his smile grew. Thank you, sir, he offered, his front paws moving restlessly with excitement. 

I'm Pheiros, he gladly offered. My pack is Legion; we live in the bypass in those mountains, he continued, lifting his head in the direction of home. What's your name? he asked, feeling shy about it for whatever reason; it was only a natural progression of the conversation, given that he had asked for Pheiros' name first, but still, he was ridiculous.

The other man offered his name and then they spent the rest of their time together discussing his past as a healer. It all just made Pheiros even more excited to learn more about it all.