Neverwinter Forest Every city has a place like this
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Private 
@Cupid
i'm unsure where cupid and caerus will currently be staying per this thread, so i'm going to be vague about that! 

She still hadn't yet worked up the nerve to return home. She knew once she did, things would change, and since she couldn't be sure just how they would change, she was sort of avoiding the whole thing. It wasn't her normal way of approaching things; normally she just dealt with something head-on, but when it came to this one big past mistake, she seemed to choke whenever she tried to make plans to face up to it. 

So, she chose to ignore it for another day, instead focusing on how she could help the pack today because that was also important. Rabbit clasped between her jaws, she headed towards wherever Cupid was staying these days. Whatever biased reservations she had towards the man, she knew he and Caerus were important to Mal, and she wanted to help any way she could. Plus, it wouldn't be very good Beta behavior to act on her feelings before actually giving Mal and Cupid a chance to work things out. 

When she arrived, she dropped the food and released a low chuff. Then she waited to see if he was around.
Inuttuk
Common
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
sorry about the wait!

Moving day. It wasn't a matter of if it was coming but when. Cupid was hesitant to take the first step. He was happy with where they were now. Just him and his son in a little corner of the world, far from danger. But Mal's den wasn't dangerous. Saftey wasn't his concern, even though he told himself it was. It's change he feared. Caerus was still just a baby, but one who was growing fast. He wouldn't be daddy's little boy for long. Having to move out their den because of his size was a reminder of that.

Cupid didn't want to think about it today, just like he didn't want to think about it yesterday or the day before that. He sat a little ways away from the den with his eyes closed and nose tilted up towards the sky. The forest's noises muffled his thoughts. It's gentle tune was interrupted by footsteps. Mal? he thought immediately after the rabbit's scent drifted towards him. Cupid stood up and walked forward. Not Mal, just a stranger.

Hey. He glanced down at the hare before looking up again. I'm guessing Mal's busy. Someone other than him coming to drop off food was a rare occurrence.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
nw! <3

Movement in the corner of her eye made her turn her attention from the den. It was Cupid, and she dipped her head in greeting as he approached. Oh um, I'm not sure where he is right now. she admitted. She wasn't here for any reason other than she wanted to help out. I'm Simmik, she added. Then she nosed the food towards Cupid. I just thought you guys might be hungry. Caerus was old enough to eat meat now, right? She had no idea how these things worked, but she assumed Cupid did and would divvy up the food accordingly or just eat it himself. 

How are you? she asked. Need anything else? she wasn't sure what else to say, and so she settled on being helpful.
Inuttuk
Common
284 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Away
I see. Proably out doing important leader shit. Whatever that was. Huh... what do they usually do? It's crazy how he still didn't know a lot about these things. You'd think he would after hopping between all these packs.

Fuck. He was getting sidetracked.

So Simmik huh? Ah, he's told me about you. He didn't eleaborate further like probably should have. He brought the rabbit forward with one paw and patted it when it was by his side.

Nah, I'm good. There was a drawn out silence. Why the fuck was this so awkward? He should really get out and about more.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
So Cupid had heard of her, that was good; at least she wasn't here in his space and he had no idea who she was. But even with that, things still seemed to be pretty awkward. There were no other questions or requests for anything else when she offered help. 

She took a seat and looked around. She was trying to come up with something to talk about, but she was, strangely, drawing a blank. She never had a deficiency of questions to ask, so this was odd for her. Well, uh, if you need me to watch Caerus for you sometime, I don't mind, she finally said. Maybe I could teach him some defensive moves or something, she offered. He seemed to be drawn to trouble, so maybe he needed to start learning how to protect himself. Of course, he was too young to be able to just yet, but it wouldn't hurt to start learning.
Inuttuk
Common