Moonspear and the blue dreams keep on calling me
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
All Welcome 
It had been an eventful day, to say the least.

A rousing hunt for a stoat had marked the high point of the day, though Dirge would have been inclined to concede it was only one point. The next had quite possibly been the flinging of said stoat into @Hydra’s whelping den in an attempt to stave off the halfhearted but unwelcome snarl that had came with his figure eclipsing the denmouth.

It hadn’t really been so much of a fling as a door dash drop off—he was brazen enough to tempt fate, but also still did not appreciate or have much love for teeth at his backside. Especially if there was no telling which one of the Cerberus were after him, only because he didn’t spare time to look. A wasted second was far too often an opening for a purchase of hide, after all.

Yet the gesture would be appreciated all the same, he was certain.

Food was food, and fresh food was perhaps top of that list to riffle through.

But with that out of the way, he decided to turn his attentions to inward to the contents of Moonspear itself. The borders had gone quiet once again and though a patrol should have been higher on his priorities he knew them to be well watched. Instead it was the trail of @Vega he found himself on and following, curious just what his daughter may have been doing.
53 Posts
Ooc — Kate
Truthfully, she wasn’t up to much. Vega had always been the kind of wolf to ride the middle of the line. While she was ambitious, she lacked motivation or direction. Now that she was a little older, it was starting to frustrate her. How little she knew. How much else there was.

She was doing little else than walking when her father found her. She heard him approach from behind and slowed so he could match her pace. Hello, Dad, she greets with a swish of her tail, what are you doing today?
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Vega turned up along the path ahead and just as he expected, she had her mother’s awareness. He joined her easily, bumping her shoulder as they eased back into pace with one another, and the path ahead would lock them into such. Her restlessness was enough to match his own, though there was certainty they wouldn’t be wanting for too long.

“Well, now not so much,” he admitted to her, “I did just try to barter with your mother using a weasel but she wasn’t having any of it.” Humor graced his tone then; he could not avoid taking opportunity to be a bit cheeky when it came to her mother and seemed just as willing to share as much.
53 Posts
Ooc — Kate
Me either, she admits. He was probably used to it though. We could patrol if you wanted to, but, she shrugged, leaving the suggestion open. Out of all the usual pack tasks, that was one of her least favorite ... though with someone as big and strong as Dad, it made more sense. What was she going to do alone if she came across danger? Run and scream for help?

She isn’t taking visitors right now, she teases, but I saw her not too long ago. Mama says I can go on a scouting trip with aunt Alya. Scouting? She wouldn’t have thought it to be cool or fun just a month ago, but her trip to Firefly Glen and her conversation with her mother had swayed her towards it.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Her teasing manages to tease a smile out of him—how well he knows that her mother isn’t particularly too fond of visitors. Not that he could blame her entirely; mothering was a tiring, thankless sort of thing and while he did get to see her on rare occasion, he found that he missed her company as much as he wanted to lay eyes on his youngest brood.

“A scouting trip? I wonder just where in mind your aunt wants to go,” he mused aloud, pondering. Of all his children, perhaps the only one who had done any scouting on their own that he knew of was Osiris, but that was only because of what had befallen him. If the others had ventured out, they had been discreet and very much like their father at that age.

“You know, if you wanted to, we could always have a peek outside of the borders before then. Perhaps you could surprise Alya,” he offered with a furtive, thin smile.