Phoenix Maplewood I don't need these weapons, I'll set my heart to win
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Private 
@Surya he's about 100 feet away from the borders so feel free to reference that

There was only so long that he could feel cold toward family. He was a Morningsider afterall, his entire existence was based off of family. Even though he was so happy with his small little group that wanted to settle with him and Steph he felt empty not being able to share his pride and joy with his sister and daughter. What bothered him and caused anxiety was how they'd treated him upon his return the lack of happiness in Dawn's face and how Minnow had run away from the sight of him. Why was it that when he made a mistake they looked at him funny? Did Dawn forget how she'd disappeared and Aditya to follow, leaving him young and inexperienced to try and keep his father's pride and joy going. He couldn't and when he'd brought them to Elysium it was the worst mistake of his life. Minnow was kidnapped, Aliac was killed by a bear alongside his friend and a few others and then he was left with the shambles of that too, overthrown because he can't fight worth a damn.

Shit...it was scary how fast your mind could spiral. He stood staring into the distance territory where his sister and her mate ran, probably his nieces and nephews as well. Why should he bother to show his face? In Easthollow when he needed them, when he could barely hold onto the images of their faces they'd ignored him yet he had tried to faithfully follow them to make his sister's pack still recouperating and untended. Releasing a small sigh he turned away starting to walk off, he wasn't ready to see Dawn yet. 
Birdcatcher: 4/10

186 Posts
Ooc — mercury
he was hanging around the edges of the territory today. he'd no luck with hunting, and he didn't have the patience to entertain pups. restless, surya began to patrol, making himself useful. it was a quiet day, nothing much of interest—until he caught sight of a silver-clad man looking indecisive just across the territory line.

hey, he called out, warm but wary, as the wolf began to walk away. can we help you?

the stranger didn't seem like a threat, and besides, he looked somewhat familiar. a relative of one of the stream denizens, perhaps? but why hadn't he called? surya stood straddling the border: two paws in, two paws out. he stared at the other wolf, waiting for his response.
english | hindi
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sighing softly he pictured Steph, only wanting to return to her. Preparing himself for some small talk he turned around probably looking weary as he shook his head and offered a friendly smile "No, thank you" unsure what else to say he figured he'd just head off but then he realised this was still a packmate of Dawn's, they could be useful to at least soothe his guilt. "Actually...could you tell me how Dawn in? I'm her brother Sunny" he asked the man giving the familial tie so he wouldn't seem as weird but regretting it not wanting to explain why he wouldn't go in. He clamped his jaw firmly shut hoping that the male wouldn't ask any more of him and just reply. Simultaneously he also still wanted to go in, to search for his daughter at least once more and ask why she kept avoiding him when he'd tried since he came back the first time in Easthollow. Why was he the one who's mistakes got him shunned? Trying not to sink too deeply into depressing thoughts he focused instead on the birdsong in the trees around them.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Tossing her in here with permission from @Sunny and @Surya.

Chai had also been lingering away from the heart of the territory, as she often did these days. There was an itch in her legs, something that pulled her further adrift. The pups seemed to be doing fine on their own or with the other adults, and even if she had been needed to babysit, she questioned her credibility around youngsters. The evening when she had found Grezig and Kavik dead, and their children by them, she hadn't known what to do. How to handle such a...touchy, delicate situation.

Hunting was more her specialty, although she still was truly trying to refine that talent. If even to prove to herself that it was a talent at all. Having yet to have caught sight or scent of any prey within the interior of the territory, she settled for a quick check of the borders. Sighing softly, her thoughts drifted back to the male she had met a little while ago. The one who was a part of small band of wolves. Many questions and doubts arose in her head and she cast a wandering eye back towards the distant river of her home. Snapped out of her thoughts by two figures ahead of her, Chai inched closer, curiously. Surya was one of their own - she greeted him with a soft chuff. The better part of her attention though, was on Sunny, the grey-scale man. The very one Soleon had mentioned. "Hey...I remember you..." She said, recognition in her soft voice, tail wagging tentatively. She glanced at Surya. "He once was a part of Whitebark..."

186 Posts
Ooc — mercury
bloooorgh i'm sorry i've been holding this up

surya's suppositions turned out to be correct: the man was dawn's brother. the yearling offered him a smile in turn, nodding. she's fine, he said. the pups are growing up well. he didn't see artyom's mate often, but when he did, all seemed to be in order.

he canted his head, about to ask if sunny wanted to visit further when chai arrived. he gave the whitebark woman a wag of his tail and a grin in greeting, letting out a quiet murmur in understanding as she explained the situation. he turned to sunny.

welcome back, surya continued, warmth in his voice. i'm surya. do you want to visit your nieces and nephews? he offered, raising his brows in question.
english | hindi