Bearclaw Valley Order from chaos
62 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
All Welcome 

To Galena, it seemed she always brought the weather with her. A patchy storm with distant rolling thunder crawled along Rising Sun Valley. It's warm rain melted whatever piles of snow were left and brought a much needed drink to the many plants. She liked the gloominess of an overcast sky and the mood it provided. 

She was a vagrant no more... now, one of Ursus. She had heard voices from the howl a night ago... but where were the wolves? For now, she assesed the region to become familiar with its nooks and crannies. Perhaps scout out a place for a den. Her wandering took her to a large tree -- maybe one of the largest Galena could remember -- with many curved and winding roots coiled above the soil. She picked through them, inspecting this unusual specimen. 

Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
low-key hyperventilating, hello wife.

He was a lonely storm cloud among the ragged fields of the valley, trying to cover as much ground as he could while mapping out section after section. It would take months to learn this space properly, and many more to become as accustomed to the terrain as he had been upon his mountain; but that merely gave him something to do, a challenge to face. It did not put Revui off in the slightest. The meadow where he lurked did not hold much of interest to him — so he moved towards a patchwork of trees, and soon enough was ambling across a patch of muddied soil that had merely a day ago been layered with frost.

The earth was ripe for rain, he thought. It smelled much stronger among the trees for some reason, but Revui did not think about that for long. He marched until his path became obstructed by too many obstacles for his broad body to handle, and then he had to slow down to navigate a new route; at that point, he saw a dulled figure moving through an adjacent thicket, her back to him as she picked her way among the ferns. Intrigued, he moves to investigate - indelicate, trudging through the forest like a bear in pursuit of a meal.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

62 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
hello husband! <3 we meet again in another life!

Ferns tickled Galena's legs as she moved 'round the massive tree, inspecting its snake-like roots. It smelled rich and mossy, though the bark was surprisingly unblemished and smooth. She climbed atop the twisted limbs, waltzing in a single track as if she were a gymnast on a balance beam. The trunk was grand — magnificent, it's canopy sheltering her from the light pitter-patter of rain that started to fall. Digging under the roots would be a troublesome task... but her den would be dry and warm.

The sound of a lumbering creature made her turn, alarmed. The recent memory of Merrick telling her bears lived alongside the Ursus wolves was still fresh in her mind. But it wasn't a bear at all. Galena did not recognize her company, and she wondered how many called Ursus their home. The silver man appeared strong — a large specimen much like this tree. The wisp eyed him half-lidded, holding back a groan of agitation. What did he want?

Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
There was nothing here but greenery and murkwater; he slammed a step through a puddle and paused to stare down at it, as if to condemn the slop for existing, and then lifted it free and felt the cold water and mud mixture slick against his skin. As he shook some of the grime from his massive paw, he looked around to see if anyone noticed - and saw the bright yellow eyes staring at him. He huffed; oddly, in time with the woman's own contained groan.

Who are you. Revui drawled, his tone more akin to a lethargic statement than a question. She was mostly hidden, but he watched those eyes.

62 Posts
Ooc — Lieu

"Galena," she responded with a coy smile. "A vagrant no more, now a skeptic of Ursus," she added... he had asked who she was, after all. She nimbly hopped down from the large roots, approaching the granite-colored male. "I like your coat. You have good taste," she joked in vain, noticing how similar in color they were.

The wisp slowed to a stop, a wolf's length away. "What's your name? I didn't see you at the pack meeting." 

Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Revui, he answered, wanting to state his full name and title but - he wasn't supposed to anymore. That was a life he'd left behind. His eyes narrowed briefly when the woman spoke of a pack meeting, but he relaxed and shrugged his broad shoulders. I was outriding at the time.

Back to the topic of their similarities though - the joke had passed right over his head, but when Galena came striding from the dark Revui was surprised by how close they did appear. She resembled a feminized version of himself, except her eyes were a molten gold, and she was a touch smaller - but could easily pass as a sibling. Briefly he wondered if his father had impregnated more than one woman during his life, and outrightly asked: Where'd you come from?

62 Posts
Ooc — Lieu

"An outrider, hmm?" she reflected, wondering how many places this wolf had been. "Well, it's my pleasure Revui. I'm from the far North," Galena took a few steps closer, testing the waters. She lowered her snout, as if to ask permission to scent along his back to garner more details. "From a sisterhood of sorts, a place of many mothers. We are called (insert a name here once Lieu figures it out)... have you heard of it? My mothers would have liked you." Her eyes flicked unashamedly over Revui's figure. Their Reverend Mother's breeding program to create their savior and fulfill their prophecies was the Magnum Opus of Galena's familial pack. "If you weren't at the meeting then you didn't hear the news. Merrick's mate is expecting children soon. What do you think of that?"

Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
This place of mothers sounded utterly foreign to him. He understood very little of the world, but prided himself for what he had. Her commendation did not affect him much due to a natural pride born to him, and trained in to him, by his family. To her queries he shakes his head.

When she spoke of Merrick, and by proxy Astara, his ears twitched. Merrick's mate is expecting children soon. What do you think of that?

This woman was very attuned to thinking. Revui had not thought about such things, and so he gave a shrug, but his face tightened with a frown. Was it important? He had not been around when his sister had birthed her own children, and could not recall his own childhood with much clarity by this point; but what did all that matter? It was not his duty to care about such things.

I think nothing of it, he explained, although his stone-faced expression said just as much. Why?

62 Posts
Ooc — Lieu

Galena could not fathom a world in which one did not care... not think... not reflect. All things (all things) were carefully planned and crafted [madash] sowed and then harvested. It was the way of women. It is why all wolves, and the world, needed women. They were the ones ordained to shape the next generation. Map makers. Lifebringers. Caretakers. Men... well, they played a singular role in this endeavor. A stepladder (to be stepped upon) used to rise to the next level. Some men had the light of intelligence behind their eyes, but this one... he was a simple as they came. 

Galena could list a hundred reasons why one would think about this new life in Ursus, but this man couldn't be bothered to even consider one. Her face darkened, unimpressed by her company's aloofness. "You have met my expectations, Revui," she said plainly with a disappointed shake of her head (as her expectations for his sex nonexistent). She did not feel like explaining why. It would be beyond his grasp. Moving on, "is outriding all you do for Ursus?" she asked, moving to sniff at the ruff of his neck, "Where did you live before?"

Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
She seemed... disappointed by his answer. It did not change him in any way, aside from registering as familiar. He let many people down thus far in life and it didn't change much. The moment faded quickly enough. She either stowed her own opinion or dismissed it for the time being, and moved closer to him—something he hadn't anticipated. As Galena inspected the fur of his neck he watched her with some care, just in case. She was full of questions.

Everyone seemed to want to know more about one-another, here. Names, histories, family ties.. What good would knowing any of that do for them? Revui did not care to know such things about his fellow wolf and could not fathom why anyone would be so probing; but he was also growing adapted to these questions. He chose to humour her.

I watch the borderlands. I hunt when I grow bored of that, or spar with the other men. Before this... It was much the same, except he wasn't merely a body to throw before an enemy, he was a prince, blood-bound to a mountain which has now forgotten him. I was born to the west. My father lorded over a mountain—Moonspear. The words flowed from him easily, lacking emotion, as cold and distant as those far-off peaks. After a pause he reflected on his answers, then turned it around to her.

And you?

62 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Going to wrap this up so we can have a more current thread! :D Exit Galena.

Revui smelled of the places he spoke. Mountains and pine, with a healthy dose of Bearclaw intermingeled atop his own masculine scent. Soon he would carry Ursus singularly, as would she. The vagrant's perfumes from distant lands had already completely faded. Galena was now one of them, completely. 

Moonspear. She would remember that name. This one acted like most of the other men Galena had been raised around — uncomplicated. It was boring... especially the way Revui delivered his words in a flat, uninteresting tone. In many ways, he was like the great rock (The Sentinel) that watched over Ursus. That's funny, Galena thought to herself, he's like that big rock

He asked again of her origins. "I told you already, I'm from the North. Maybe you should take a break from sparring, Revui... I think your head is getting knocked around too much." She smiled coyly, hiding her impatience for this dull smalltalk. 

The rain started to fall harder. "Time for me to go," she said aloud, "I'll see you around, Sentinel. It's was nice meeting you." Before her coat could become soaked, Galena flitted away deeper into the forest, seeking shelter until the storm had passed.