Flycatcher Downs i really fucked it up this time didn’t i my dear?
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
All Welcome 
Days turn to weeks. Weeks turn to months. What's he got to show for it? Not the wolves he was looking for. Not even a clue to where they may be. He's only got sore feet, a splitting headache, and a blind guy following him.

@Hide! he shouts, Keep up! In reality the redhead wasn't too far behind; a few paces at best. Orochi's paitece was running thin. It was no fault of Hideaki's. If they had found this Merrick guy he'd be the happiest wolf on earth, but they're nowhere near that goal. Orochi was pissed, and his poor companion would have to deal with his attitude.

He spun around and narrowed his eyes. You're too slow, he grumbled.
126 Posts
Ooc —
He'd been following this wolf around for months now. For why, he couldn't really say. All he knew was that he rather enjoyed being in Orochi's presence, as rude and snappy as he could be from time to time. None of Hide's family had ever really been that way - usually, they were all positive and upbeat, and the red wolf remained that way regardless of the behavior of the irritated boy. 

"Don't look at me like that," Hide scolded when he heard Orochi turn around and his voice get louder. He could all but see the scowl on his face. The red-furred boy was never too far behind the dark one these days - always within earshot, though sometimes he wished he wasn't so close. The yelling was a bit hard on the ears. "I'm not that far behind." 

Hideaki padded up to the other boy and bumped their shoulders together, offering him a smile. "Just because we haven't found them yet doesn't mean we won't ever. The world's big and all that." Perhaps they were just well hidden, for all they knew.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Look at you like what? he snickered, Don't act like you can see me. Orochi proceeded to make a series of different faces, most of them with his tongue out. Poking fun at Hide always bought him some amusement, even when he was extremely pissed.

The teasing ended when Hide bumped his shoulder. Back to grumpy Orochi. I know that. He grunted before continuing onward. We've been looking for these fuckers for weeks and haven't found shit. He let out an exasperated sigh. They can't be that far.
126 Posts
Ooc —
"Hey! I can act however I wanna," he declared, just as playfully, tail wagging behind him. That was one thing about Orochi that he wasn't sure how to take - the other male made fun of his impairment. To be honest, it was kind of funny, but he could imagine his family would've been pissed about it if they heard. For Hide, it was just another way that he felt like he was... not different. That people weren't skirting around the issue that was his blindness.

A frown formed on Hide's face for just a moment before he bounded ahead of Orochi just a bit, turning to face him with a smile. "Hey, I know. Let's tussle a little," he urged, his broad chest hitting the ground and rump in the air. "Gotta stay in shape for when we see these guys, right?"
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
There seemed to be a pattern that had developed during their time together. Orochi led, Hide followed. He wasn't used to the redhead suddenly jumping out in front of him, so he was shocked when he did just that. That shock turned into confusion when he bowed.

Tussle? Like that? He looked absolutely fucking ridiculous. Orochi outstretched his paw to hit him on the nose. Get up. You look weird.
126 Posts
Ooc —
"Don't you know how to play?" Hide asked in surprise, flinching a little when a paw hit him on the nose. "Ow. Not fair." The complaint was halfhearted, because the touch hadn't really hurt at all.

A smile crept along his maw and he braced himself, settling his weight on his haunches before leaping forward with paws outstretched.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
No, he didn't know how to play. Orochi never had the time to do any of that stuff as a kid. He was left in the dark, but he sure as hell wasn't gonna admit that. Of course I do, he grumbled as he averted his gaze.

Hide caught him off guard for the second time today. One second he's upright, and the next he's being toppled over and ending up on his back. Hey! Orochi kicked his one good hind leg into his belly with a little too much force.
126 Posts
Ooc —
Somehow, Hide didn't really believe him there. But that didn't matter - he'd help him learn how, over time. But for now, his sneak attack worked, and he managed to get Orochi on his back beneath him, red tail swishing through the air behind him. Pride swelled in his chest, until the other boy kicked him in the stomach and just about knocked the air out of him. 

Still, Hide persevered - the red wolf shouldered down on his companion, letting out a playful growl and grabbing at one of Orochi's ears. Clumsy, yes, but not harsh.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
The kick did nothing to get Hide off. He pushed Orochi into the ground a bit more, then went in for another attack. Well, it could barely be called an attack. It feels teething more than a bite.

Is this what Hide called fighting? Oh no. If he was gonna tag along he'd have to fight the right way. None of this... whatever this was.

Orochi yanked his head to one side to free his ear, then he snapped it forward to bite Hide's muzzle.
126 Posts
Ooc —
Teeth connected with his muzzle far harder than what he had expected, and Hide jerked his head back. He licked over his maw, where he'd been bitten, and frowned at the taste of blood. Ears pressed back a bit and he shifted his weight uncomfortably. 

"Did I hurt you?" he asked, wondering why Orochi had bitten him for real.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
A smug grin spreads from cheek to cheek. Now that's how you fight. He almost laughed, but it get's caught in his throat when he sees that frown. And now he's even more confused than he was before.

Uh, no? That was the weakest bite he'd ever felt in his life. No doubt about it. What's the deal? I thought you wanted to fight.
126 Posts
Ooc —
Hide swiped his tongue over the wound on his muzzle again and blinked a couple of times, severely confused. Perhaps if he could see, he'd be able to read Orochi's mood better, but... well, he had some limitations there. 

"Not, like, for real," he explained, shuffling awkwardly. "I mean, we can, but I don't wanna hurt you. I didn't think that was what... I dunno." Was he being weird? This whole situation was weird, wasn't it? "I was just playing."
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Oh. Oh. Ok. He didn't know what he meant by 'not for real' until he mentioned playing again. Now he felt awkward, confused, and like an idiot.

No, we can't. I mean- ugh. Now he's flustered. Orochi growled under his breath in an attempt to get his head straight. We don't need to do whatever this is anymore. Get off of me will you?
126 Posts
Ooc —
Hide frowned a little, ears pressing back once more when Orochi told him to get off. The red wolf smirked then and flopped all of his weight down onto the other boy, like a starfish. It was an attempt to lighten the mood, at least a little bit. 

"But why would I do that when you're so comfy?" he asked, resting his chin down on Orochi's shoulder and wagging his tail. An unspoken if you want me to get off, make me hung in the air.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
He grunted when all Hide's weight came crashing down on him at once. You.. idiot..! he grumbled as he tried to wiggle away. Wow, he was much heavier than he looked. You're so annoying!

Worming his way out wasn't gonna work, so he started to kick against his underside. Orochi was more gentle this time around. Didn't want to fuck this up more than he already had.
126 Posts
Ooc —
That was better. Hide laughed when Orochi complained about him - so annoying, and yet he hadn't chased him away yet. He wondered if maybe what Orochi said didn't hold as much meaning as his actions did. 

"Oof!" he gasped, faking getting the wind knocked out of him and rolling to the side, off of Orochi and onto his back. "You got me. I'm done for."
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Free at last. As soon as Hide rolled off him, he got up and shook the dust from his pelt. He shot a quick glance at the redhead. There's no chance he'd catch him off guard for the third time.

Yeah, yeah, you had your're fun. Orochi nudged his side with a paw. Are you gonna lay there all day or are we gonna keep moving?
126 Posts
Ooc —
Yeah, he'd had his fun for the time being. Hide got to his feet and shook out his spiky fur, stretching before bumping his side against Orochi's. He was very touch-oriented, always lingering perhaps a bit too close, but it was grounding. He needed it.

"We can keep moving now," he announced, choosing not to say anything about the fact that Orochi was less explosively angry now. "That was fun, huh?"

Mission accomplished.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
At this point Orochi had gotten used to Hide's touch. He didn't know why he did it frequently. It was strange, but he didn't question it. It didn't bother him most of the time.

Orochi snorted. It wasn't that fun. But it did make him feel a bit better. There was a little smile on his face an everything. It's a good thing Hide couldn't see it, cause then it'd ruin his 'I don't care' act.

Let's get outta here.