Whitefish River So I asked him how he became this man
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
All Welcome 
less threads than i thought i would need to respond to! here we go!
@Howl

After his argument with Speedy yesterday, Emrik decided he need a moment alone. He was still furious by her decision, her very reckless and careless decision. She had promised to never do it again, and Emrik believe his mate. Which was the reason he left her side today. He trusted her not to worry him in a such a way again, but every time he looked at her he could feel panic rising in his chest. He knew it was anxiety over the pups. They would be born very soon, and as the days grew closer and closer, Emrik realized there was nothing he could do to help Speedy through the it. He felt utterly useless.

With a dejected sigh, Emrik sat heavily against the edge of the river. To distracted to work on his fishing skills, but to restless to try and get a nap in, the man simple sat. Staring at the water as it rushed by. The sun intermittently popping through the clouds to reflect off surface of the water.

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He was on patrol... again. It seemed like the only thing he did nowadays. There were so many things going on in his head and he knew he would have to address them soon. Moonshadow was undoubtedly pregnant and there was a conversation that needed to be had. But she had stayed distant and he could tell she didn't want to address. So for now he would keep giving her space, but he couldn't for much longer. Apart from that he was missing Star. He wasn't sure if she would be in the same condition. Could she still have kids?

As these thoughts were roaming around in his mind he saw Emrik out the corner of his eye sitting at the river's edge. He continued on his patrol, but as he came back around a second time and saw the male in the same place and the same position he thought he should check in on him. You know. Steward duty and all.

Walking up to the male he let out a chuff to alert him of his presence and gestured a nodded greeting in his direction.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Emrik was knocked from his trance by the chuff over his shoulder, he jumped slightly at the noise and turned rather quickly to see who it was. Finding Howl as the source of the noise, Emrik smiled and nodded back. "Oh hey." He returned. It had been a little while since he had spoken to Howl, "How are you?"

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Other than being a bit startled when Howl first arrived Emrick greeted him as though there was nothing wrong and asked about Howl's wellbeing. He thought that perhaps being honest about some of the chaos going on in his life he might be able to receive some sort of precipitation on Emrick's side. "I've been okaaay I guess." he said a bit hesitantly. "A lot's going to be changing soon, and I'm not all that sure I'm ready for it." he admitted humorously with a smile. "What about you?" he asked sitting down alongside the riverbank alongside his pack member.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"Couldn't have said it better myself." Emrik smiled a knowing smile, although unaware of Howl's looming (possible) fatherhood. "Anything I can help with." He would never hesitate to offer a packmate his help, especially if they were feeling overwhelmed. Even if he himself was feeling the same way. Emrik was very much a giver. "Not to pry or anything." The didn't know each other exceptionally well, but Emrik felt comfortable around the man. As if they had known each other for much longer.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Turns out Howl's instincts were correct about the male. Something was up. But Emrik didn't spill his guts right there, though that wasn't Howl's sole purpose in expressing his feelings. Emrik even offered to help, something Howl appreciated in fellow pack members, though it was technically his duty to do such things. Maybe there would be a bit of giving and take. "Perhaps. You have any experience with pups? I don't have much and I know there are several litters coming soon." 

Yes his and Moonshadows children were one thing, but children, in general, had been a concern for Howl since he had lost them previously. It was as if he could see a sliver of them in every young pup and he didn't know how to feel about that.
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Emrik was subtly surprised at the question. Was Howl the father of one of the litters being born this summer? With all the family issues they were having recently, Emrik hadn't really paid much attention to the goings on within the pack. He was very work orientated. If he wasn't doing a task he was at the communal den waiting to see if anyone needed help, or with Speedy.

"I do have some experience. I have babysat before. I helped Speedy at the very beginning of her first litter last summer. Before I returned home. The teens don't remember, and I don't blame them. I left when they were so young." He divulged more than he had intended in response to Howl's question. Em stopped himself with a small sheepish smile. "Are you having a litter this season?"

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
So Emrik did have some experience looking after young pups, but it seemed that was the limit of his knowledge. "How old were they when you left?" Howl asked. If it did turn out that he was having a litter with both Moon and Star then he wanted to make sure his kids would remember him once he returned. Or know how often he would need to return for them to remember him. 

Perhaps reading into Howl's mind Emrik asked if he were having a litter this season. "Ahh... Well... I hope so. It's beyond complicated" he said with a chuckle to cope with the slight anxiety he felt about it every time it was brought up.