Northstar Vale I can't take my eyes off of you
MY PUPILS FROZEN, EYES LOCKED ON YOU
130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Private 
backdated, b4 yama thread @Reiko

Takeshi had been planning. Reiko was pregnant, Hime was here... the empire was not safe. He didn't trust Reiko's bitch of a sister, no matter how sweet she acted. And so he was determined to assume power before she could- as Reiko's pregnancy would surely create trouble for her in leading. Takeshi was an asshole, yes- but an asshole with plans, and he didn't want other people taking advantage of his pregnant wife. Only he had that right. 

Today he searched for her quietly and with little fervor, strolling through the territory with downturned eyes that followed the path of his own paws. She would hear his thoughts, she would be his audience- and he prayed that she would agree in some ways to his ideas.
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
dating this right after Hime/Rei encounter, the same day a couple of hours apart, but also before Yama's thread for continuity sake of the previous thread!

Hime had gone, leaving Reiko to think of their encounter and what she had said. Stuck in the moment, Reiko stared out into the fields around her with vacant eyes, that once brilliant shine had gone dull as she played back the current events. Her head was left fuzzy and light - perhaps she should go back to her den near Collision and sleep it all off, think things through in the morning with a fresh mind... but she couldn't move. 

Her whole body felt both light and heavy at the same time. All she had to do was get up from her seated position and walk over there, but even that seemed impossible. How could she infiltrate within their ranks so quickly? What had happened? Who let this happen? There was one name that kept popping up in her head, swirling in her thoughts. 

Deep in her state, almost meditative in a negative cloud, she was unaware of Takeshi approaching. Completely engrossed in her own little bubble otherwise she might have been more reactive than that vacant stare left to cast its dull light over the darkening horizon.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Soon he found her, his wife, dull-eyed and almost... ghostly. Hello? Is anyone in there? He padded up to her with a slight smile, chugging to get her attention in case he went unnoticed. Reiko, He hummed warmly, Look at you... It was genuine happiness this time around- seeing her stomach grow round had initially been gross, but the closer she got to giving birth, the more his thoughts were consumed with an eager chant of I'm going to be a father. If allowed, he'd give a slight affectionate bump of his nose to her side before drawing away. Clearing his throat, he began- I wanted to talk about the pack. What you have planned for after you give birth. Because be knew she saw herself as a leader, and yet Shi still saw his wife as a delicate girl- whose purpose was to sit still and look pretty. She could wear the crown, but he doubted she would wield it properly- and that was why it was time for him, her husband, to step in.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Takeshi's voice cut differently today, through the silence like a blade but it did not harm her today. She didn't wince or fear his approach, frankly, she felt absolutely numb to it all, even as he nosed her baby bump which should have come off as sweet but instead, she just stared at him with half-interest through darkened lashes. As he spoke, her eyes only narrowed. Though their intentions could be as pure as Hime had said - Reiko was still suspicious. 

What have you planned? What was she doing now? She knew she had no strength against Takeshi, and yet, here she was, questioning him right off the bat. Perhaps Hime had stirred something more than Reiko would like to admit. Why would you conspire with Hime? You know what she's done. Hurt was one way to put it, but surprised? Hardly.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
She looked suspicious- and for once, he wasn't up to much of anything, besides casually usurping her leadership of course. But even the accusation that came flying at him shocked him, and his eyes widened, genuine in his response of surprise. Planned? What are you talking about, Reiko? He huffed with exasperation, shaking his head. I brushed by her when she came, but we didn't even talk. I didn't trust her at all and moved on. But Takeshi was not the dullest knife in the drawer, and his eyes narrowed as he fit some pieces together. Did she try to tell you we chatted? He wondered darkly, feeling a match of anger light within him. He only liked lies being told to Reiko's face when they were in his favor- and to be on the butt end of some made-up story had him boiling with rage.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
His denial lit something in her; she was annoyed, hurt, emotional, and furious. Taking his questioning as denial for her accusal, she walked right up to him, without an ounce of fear - no, fueled by the deep sleep she had awoken to after Hime's gift, the desire to keep the Empire safe for not only the future puppies she was carrying but also the people she had gathered here looking for a peaceful life. 

It was anything but that lately. 

Peace was a lie, it was a myth!

And one of the two culprits was standing right in front of her, boldly she looked up to him, bumping her chest against his and gazed into his stormy blues with her own icy stare. You told her we were ill-prepared for the puppies, and so she has decided it is up to her to fix our home. Though her tone wasn't higher than usual, it was certainly more stern than it normally was. No flutter, no music.

How dare you!
Healing (2/6)

130 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
up to you whether he misses or not :D

She got right up in his face, sharing the lies of Hime, accusing him of more. Oh no. He wouldn't put up with this. Not from his wife, and certainly not from a lowly female. He puffed himself up to his own full size, chest inflating, dwarfing her in comparison. You're gullible, He drawled darkly, eyeing her with a piercing gaze. You're gullible as all hell. The fact that you believed that bitch's lies, He uttered, shaking his head as if with disbelief. This is why you need me at your side. You could never manage for yourself. Never. You're a fucking idiot, Reiko. He snarled, and with that he raised a paw to strike her right across the face- not enough to bowl her over, but certainly enough to hurt her if it hit.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
With every word he uttered Reiko was growing more furious. With him and Hime speaking down on her when all she tried to do was keep the peace, keep everyone happy and here they were stepping over her, on her toes and spitting in her general direction. 

It was that strike. For a second time Takeshi's paw found its place on her face and this time she did not recoil back in shock, but instead - her face contorted to a hideous snarl in response. An expression she had never held before as hackles flew up in a feathery display with wrinkles crinkling her face. Even his snarl did not make her weaver.

She was heavily pregnant, most likely with some being his own children and once again the man dared to hit her. Though she made no move to strike herself, she was certainly poised to protect herself this time should he decide to continue. You may be Emperor soon for the puppies' sake, but you will never be my husband. She hissed, cursing the way she had chosen to format the Empire.

Perhaps - and maybe it was just in this moment of fury did it cross her mind, but Yuudai's offer didn't sound all that bad now.
Healing (2/6)