Duck Lake everyone together
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Private 
@Steph @Heavenly @Brave @Journey @Soleon a hunting thread at the meetup point for whoever wants. I think everyone is here but if not let me know and i'll get a thread with Sunny up!

They walked through the cedars following the sound of quacking and water splashing around. Sunny's ears pricked forward eyes attentive and heart beating quickly inside of his chest with excitement. It had been so long since he had tried to hunt birds down there some fear that he wouldn't remember what to do. As the lake came into view he paused and looked over his shoulder signalling the others to stop and then slowly inched from the treeline, crouching low and counting all six of them up. They were all splashing in the shallows together and making quite the racket, not being as quiet as possible like Geese would when swimming. Shaking his head and wagging his tail he slowly scooted back into the shelter of the trees and faced the group "There are six all in the shallows splashing around. We should try to get them out of the water. The two fastest of us should rush in from the sides and drive them toward shore, another two should be there to immediately help and the rest will follow suit. That way if anything goes wrong and they scatter we are more spread out to catch them" his brows drew together with focus as he internally noted that the birds were fast and these ones could actually fly off "Ducks will take off so everyone should focus on destroying their wings" he hoped nobody would be put off by him leaping into the lead, it was what he did naturally and god did it feel good to finally do it again.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Steph was close to Sunny's flank when they stopped in the woods to scout out their potential prey. It had been a while since Steph had tried her paw at catching birds, and she hoped she didn't screw it up. She listened intently as Sunny gave instructions, and she didn't second guess him. I'm pretty fast, I can help flush them out, she offered up. 

She was excited about the hunt, and excited about their loose band of wolves that had the potential to become pack mates. She was excited to be apart of it all, and with Sunny. She rather liked his take-charge attitude. In a hunt, it was always better.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Soleon had fallen in with Journey and the wolves that she had brought him to meet. He wasn't sure how he so quickly decided he wanted to be apart of something, but being around her made things easy. She was so outgoing that he could barely find time to say no. Additionally, the confidence she had (most of the time) made him quite certain of the things he wanted to do. 

He hadn't yet gotten to know the male that let the small band they had gathered, but he felt no alarm about him. It was likely the boy was a good man. Someone that could be respected and Soleon had come looking for a place he belonged, no?

"I'm not slow, but probably not the quickest. I can' fall in behind Steph and kill anything she gets out. I'll snatch up anything that tries to take flight and get away," He felt he had a pretty decent vertical so perhaps that could come in handy. 

His eyes fell to Steph and he offered her a kind smile. She had been a joy, equally, to get to know. He waited for the response of the rest so they could all attain their desired goal. 

If anyone wants to do a thread where they get to know Soleon let me know. I'll just be assuming he has general knowledge of names if that's alright. Correct me if you have any concerns with anything <3
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA
30 Posts
Ooc — mix
Journey hadn't gotten much one-on-one time with her uncle, but she figured there would be time for that later on. Still, it was hard not to feel a little impatient about it, even if she didn't show it. She'd come here to find out more about her extended family, and while Steph and Soleon were both delightful, she wanted to know all her new friends, and she wanted to know this man who shared her blood especially.

So she was raring to go by the time the hunt rolled around, dancing around beside Soleon, who had become her defacto Best Bud whenever she wasn't compelled to pester Brave instead.

"I'm fast!" she declared, eager to contriute, and also eager to make an impression on her newest Male Role Model. Would he be proud of her? Would they have a soulful talk about the meaning of life afterward? Would he let her rest her head on his shoulder? "Should I go with Steph?" she added, eager for her Favorite Uncle Sunny to give her advice and direction for the first time.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It didn't take long for everyone to throw in where they could do their best and he grinned glad to have a group of eager wolves. The bubbling enthusiasm of his niece got his attention and he grinned nodding enthusiatically "That works perfectly! You two come from opposite sides and flush them out. Me and Soleon will come up behind for the attack" his eyes sparkled with warmth as he looked toward the man who'd be his partner giving a friendly wag. It felt so good to be back into a hunt with wolves that he hoped would eventually call themselves Morningsiders. Turning to Steph he gave her a warm nuzzle and a kiss behind the ear "You'll do great" he was certain of it. With that he moved aside so that the girls could head out while approaching the treeline himself to get into place, eager to begin the hunt and catch themselves a good meal.

3 Posts
Ooc — lullaby <3
Away
late heavenly to the party
She was late to this little band of canines but she came in time to understand what was going on. They were going to chase ducks to catch them as a meal, she never tried to catch a duck before. They were edible? With all those feathers? Confusion filled her features as she looked from the water to the man who untangled her from a bramble bush, next to his mate. She could never catch a break, of course the cute boy who saved her was taken. Weren't they all? She bet the other two were together or something. 

From the looks of it she was the odd girl out, making this hunting party uneven but she knew she could jump high and run rather quickly so she followed the boys that would be doing the catching. Who knows maybe she could get lucky and figure out what duck tasted like.
75 Posts
Ooc — Impala
Sunny seemed like a gentle man and Soleon met his invitation with an equally excited swing of his tail. He fell behind the man and waited for their cue. Surely it wouldn't be too long before they were needed. 

The other wolves that had gathered, and would hopefully become apart of a collective unit, excited Soleon. They were a unique array and Soleon was excited to see where things were going to go in the long run. Journey and Steph were the two originals that he had met and they had taken him to meet the others. 

The last to join them was a girl colored quite interestingly. As if he could talk. He offered her a smile  and waited for them all to fall to what they were intended for.
Interested in threading with me?
check out my OOC account for more information

IMPALA
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The group came together, and Steph felt her excitement bubbling up. She was always up for a good hunt, and it wasn't often she got to hunt birds. 

Her tail waved as Sunny nuzzled and gave her a kiss. Her heart skipped a beat at his words, and she soaked up the encouragement. She returned his affection with a quick kiss before turning to head to her covered spot. She had not showed such physical affection to a male in front of anyone before. 

But, now was not the time to focus on that. This hunt could solidify their connection with these other wolves if it went well. She turned and gave Journey a reassuring smile before getting down to business. I'll go to the left and you to the right. Once everyone is in place, I'll give the signal and we'll flush them towards the others. Okay? She waited to make sure the other girl was good with the plan, and then headed to the left side of the group of birds.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
30 Posts
Ooc — mix
Journey's heart gave a wild spasm as her uncle and Steph shared a tender touch. She thought of her own mother and father and wished quite dearly that they could still be together, and then poitnedly did not think about how she might like something like that for herself one of these days.

Very quickly, it was time to shift her focus to the hunt. "Got it," she agreed, doing a quick dance around the older woman that ended with a shy nuzzle to Steph's chin. She hoped that Uncle Sunny and Steph would be proud of her, now. Ritual performed, she raced off to put herself in position, waiting to see that the others were ready to receive their bounty with one ear cocked toward Steph in anticipation of the signal.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Slowly his head turned doe eyes following Steph as she walked away his tail swaying at his ankles, in awe of how clearly she had taken charge of helping Journey in the hunt and also stunned by the returned kiss. Dopey expression slowly fading away he turned and looked to Soleon and Heavenly "Since Soleon is taking Steph's side, I'll take Journey's and you can follow up the center" his gaze fell on the fluffy she wolf he'd saved from thorny entanglement with a friendly smile before he turned and headed to the treeline, waiting for Steph and Journey to fall into place before slowly beginning to inch steadily in Journey's direction slow and close to the ground to remain unseen so he'd be ready to go for them when they scattered. Flicking his tail up to signal the others to do the same toward their positions his expression took on a focused look, muscles rippling beneath his pelt as he anticipated the signal from Steph.