Hushed Willows Of cloudless climes and starry skies
5 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
this piece should be accompanied by the song Concerning Hobbits to feel the full inspo
@Fionn and @Lumiya

Édaín lay prone beneath a looming willow, the whispering of its leaves brushing against its neighbors was a lullaby on such a warm afternoon. She was in a trance from watching the light dance between the foliage, the leaves a bright emerald green from the rays. The soft buzz of bees a happy drone in her ears. The air felt fresh and crisp in her chest- thick with the smells of rich earth and wildflowers. It was one of those afternoons that inspired a languid appreciation, perfectly suited for naps or adventure alike. 

A soft squeak escaped her maw when the she wolf stretched on her side, delighting in the strength felt in her limbs. Édaín then  rolled completely onto her back,  wiggling her frame on the ground until the itch on her pelt was sated. She was quite a sight with her tongue hanging joyfully out of her mouth and just overall enjoying being alive.  With a soft sigh she shifted to a casual sphinx position, her red magenta gaze clouded with the contemplation of going off to find her brother. He was so often found roaming for Deidra or hallucinatory plants that he shouldn't be too diffiucult to find.  But the wolf of silver metals and deep smoke was too comfortable at the moment to do much. Maybe later...

I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul
and they called it puppy love...
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
Fionn was wandering the willows, head low to the ground when a soft squeak caught his attention. Sober today and feeling dutiful, he made his way towards the sound- it was his job to protect the ladies after all. A squeak was lot such a threatening thing, but he had to be sure that no danger lurked around the corner. His paws made a soft shuffling in the high grasses as he approached, nose sniffing curiously in the air. Wildflower- and wolfscent.

Almost familiar, he decided, and soon he understood why- there lay his own sister among the flora of the willows, looking as satisfied as Fionn might after a good batch of poppy seeds. Eddy? Um... what're you doing here? Fionn inquired dumbly, head tilted to one side like a monkey deep in thought.
[Image: 1582061981337.png]
5 Posts
Ooc —
Édaín was still daydreaming when she heard the sweet voice of her brother. Her tail began to thump the ground and she turned her noble head over her shoulder, maw pulled back in a good natured grin.
Speak of the devil... ah, what was I doing? Well I was waiting for you of course! And it seems you have excellent timing." She said with enthusiasm. Lumbering to her paws and plucking over to her brother, bunking heads with him and continuing to push her side down his affectionately. His smell of woods and poppy seeds was a familair and calming one. 

Playfully she dusted her tail against his face and with humor in her voice she said, "Excellent timing because I am BORED!" And with that she lightly nipped at the tuft of fur near his hindquarters and danced away. Bowing low a few feet from him, waiting with tail masted high; her eyes of red poppies warm with an invitation to tussle.

81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
His sister seemed relaxed as always, commenting on how she'd been waiting for him. Despite the slight confusion that still remained, he released some laughter, immediately feeling more comfortable with her presence. He'd missed her. She bumped heads with him and he played along, giving her a slight nudge in return- and letting a small grin creep onto his face as she nipped playfully at him. Bored, hm? He teased playfully as she bowed, striding forward with practiced elegance. Well, I think I can keep the both of us entertained. He chuckled as he sprung off the ground into a leap, intending to tumble into her like a football player and send them both rolling. Play fights were kinda his thing- he was a knight, after all.
5 Posts
Ooc —
A surprised yip erupted from her chest with the strength of her little brother. It was enough to send them both tumbling. Wild laughter accompanied the tangle of their limbs. The ground soft enough to cushion their landing.

When they finally settled from the tumble, Édaín hooked her back paws under Fionn's ribcage and launched him from atop her. She followed with a a playful growl. Eyes bright with life and sibling rivalry -her maw already trying to find purchase on his scruff.

Both wolves were covered in saliva from their playful mouthing.

Gross.

Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The young fae was not expecting visitors that day. It was the same, peaceful atmosphere as usual inside the confines of the willows. The only thing she had to worry about was time, as the court was still not as official as she'd like it to be. There was more to do before her dreams came true and, given the disagreement she had had with Aoibh, perhaps even after the forming of their court.

It was then she heard laughter nearby. A smile swept the frown of her face, as she thought the members of her court were having a good time. She stuck her head through the curtain of willows that obscured her view of the world outside their borders, spotting a dance of limbs and slobber she'd rather un-see.

Fionn? Who is... Her brows knitted together to create an expression not unlike the one below.

[Image: giphy.gif]
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
They played and rolled together, and Fionn's mouth hung open in a smile-pant, enjoying the game. Laughs bubbled up from his throat, but soon they were interrupted- by his little leader. Fionn quickly pulled himself away, glancing toward Lumiya and dipping his head respectfully whether or not his sister followed suit. Ah, Lady Lumiya... this is my sister, Édaín. He introduced, glancing back up at the girl. Would she accept her into the pack? Was Édaín even interested in joining? They hadn't had much of a chance to chat yet...
5 Posts
Ooc —
Édaín dodged a well place swipe from her sibling. Pausing when Fionn pulled back as a lilting soft voice joined them beneath the willows. Curiously she watched him greet the small she-wolf. Édaín had seen her around the area on occassion and found no quarrel with her. 

"Lady, you say?" She quipped pleasantly. Taking a moment to shake her pelt of the saliva that clung to her. Leaving parts of her coat of silver and smoke sticking up at odd angles, she faced the ethereal she-wolf- Édaín's eyes warm like the burning ember that is tended to in any well loved hearth. She painted a charming picture, one that was both flamboyant and lethal in equal measure. She was dichotomy incarnate. 

Stepping forward, Édaín glanced at her brother. Considering her next words carefully while she tried to take in the dynamic between the two. Trying to maintain a gregarious air, she eagerly asked, "When last I saw you, it was just Lumiya. What's changed to have granted you such a title?"

483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She felt rather comfortable in her position, and after her initial confusion, simply leaned back and awaited some explanation like she were the mother of Fionn instead of his friend. After that was out of the way, she took the time to glance over the girl he'd been intimate with seconds ago and, indeed, recognized her as Édaín, even with her fur looking like she'd just been hit by a tornado.

She nodded. Édaín, how lucky we are to see you again. She responded sweetly. Only then would she move on to her own explanation. I have decided to stake claim upon the forest here, as the Faerie Queen of the new Seelie Court. I've stumbled upon quite the number of the old court's members, including your brother. Be it faith or omnipotent Gods that controlled the ways of their world, she could not be happier with the friends she'd gained on her journey. They felt more like family than the blood-related one she already had.

And you? Have you come because of the same reasons as the others?
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
They talked amongst eachother, getting introduced once more. He listened quietly- knowing his place at the moment as subordinate rather than friend. His perspective may have been pessimistic, but he saw it as accurate, and held his tongue while the women chatted. All the while his ruby gaze flickered between them with interest.
5 Posts
Ooc —
She was rapt with attention as Lumiya spoke- ahem, she meant as Lady Lumiya spoke. Her hauches slowly lowering to the earth with the weight of the she-wolf's words. A new pack? A new court? Here...? Fionn was apart of it? And there were others from her old home here...?

Longing pierced through her chest, startling Édaín with its intensity. The life of a lone wolf had been fun. Thrilling even. But she couldn't lie and say she didn't miss the camaraderie of her pack. Chasing prey together, tending to the sick and the injured as one, and oh the stories. How she loved the stories told from days past. Reciting them to herself and making up her own stories with no one to tell... just wasn't the same.

The vixen tucked her tail over her front paws. To comfort herself and keep the cutting nostalgia from bursting from within her chest. But her eyes- they were still full of memories. Memories of seasons filled with laughter and family. Édaín swallowed thickly, realizing that Lumiya had been patiently waiting for an answer. Clearing her throat she replied in a smoky cadence, "I go.. where my brother goes. And if it be to a new found home. Then I gladly follow in his pawsteps." A dip of her noble head. "Lady."

483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Though she'd rather have them refer to her as just Lumiya (or Lumi or Lulu, in Deidra's case), she thought that perhaps it might be better this way. Though Aoibh had been wrong about many things, she hadn't been lying when she referred to the queen as young. Though most of the faeries were quite new in the realm, she was the youngest among them and yet bore the title of Faerie Queen. If she wanted to keep her crown, she'd better act like it.

I'm glad to hear you are willing to join us. She replied softly with a smile. Though we wouldn't have held it against you if you decided not to. She wanted them all to stay with her out of their own free will. Lumi wasn't someone who'd manipulate anyone into staying.
81 Posts
Ooc — summer
Away
sorry for the wait!!!

As Édaín promised herself to.the court, Fionn's expression brightened noticeably. He nudged her with his muzzle, wearing a sweet grin. I'm so glad you're coming too! He whispered to her under his breath, wanting to get his words out but knowing he ought not interrupt Lumiya. As the queen spoke, Fionn was quiet- there was little he could provide here besides his joyfully wagging tail.